• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Anime Future Episodes Leaks/Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I truly would rather Ash not battle Alain because I want something that’s actually new rather than a retread of the same thing yet again except Greninja isn’t even here to win. Like, in what world is anyone going to take Ash winning seriously if it’s not for the weird bitter vindication that XY and Greninja fans need for Alain to lose? Alain isn’t the only one of these trainers Ash has lost to before, and he’s here for continuity and because they probably looked over their character options and decided he was a worthwhile choice.

This road doesn’t need to be taken yet again. The Alain battle was six years ago. It’s time to move on.
Yeah, but Alain didn't have to return.

In fact, the whole reason why the reserve debate was revived with full force is because of Alain's inclusion to the Master 8.

Red and Blue

Anyone still think Lance could use Mega Charizard Y? It did get some merchandise recently

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
In all my days of seeing fake episode titles, to this day for the anime, I don't remember seeing a fake one with a staff list. However, the Yajima episode director inclusion might be a tip off that it might not be real? The only thing that Yajima has been doing lately is storyboard. It's also possible that given it's Alain that he does come back, but don't know anymore.
The clips we saw in the 115 preview definitely looked like Niioka's AD, and it would most likely be Shinohara's turn next in rotation which both line up with the staff lists. Ueno's been the director of all of Shinohara's episodes so it's possible the director and SB were mixed up for 116 and Yajima is actually in charge of storyboarding. I doubt anyone besides me cares enough about this stuff to fake staff lists that could just as easily be legit.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan

In fact, the whole reason why the reserve debate was revived with full force is because of Alain's inclusion to the Master 8.

Alain didn’t have to return, but it’s also not like there’s a ton of qualified trainers to participate in something so high level, especially with Frontier Brains not being taken that seriously in the anime. Your realistic options were really a coin flip between Alain, Paul, and Wallace, and we see where that ended up. I’d honestly rather have Gary or Ritchie in the M8 even if it makes zero logical sense for either at this point, but I also realize Alain returning is an attractive choice to the writers. It also must be said that not every character’s life or journey revolves around Ash. He may be the protagonist, but it’s not really a reason for him to be the center of the universe.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Just replace him with Tobias and see how many people will be demanding Greninja to come back to the Master 8.

Heck, people would be more welcome to the idea of Leon kicking Tobias out in the first round than they would with Alain.
But Alain is great. It’s kinda cool they brought him back as a continuity nod (which they’ve been doing with every character) and he’s there because of that instead of being Ash’s revenge punching bag. At with Leon he’s fighting a new person.

Eh either way if you guys want your revenge match leaks could be fake either way

The clips we saw in the 115 preview definitely looked like Niioka's AD, and it would most likely be Shinohara's turn next in rotation which both line up with the staff lists. Ueno's been the director of all of Shinohara's episodes so it's possible the director and SB were mixed up for 116 and Yajima is actually in charge of storyboarding. I doubt anyone besides me cares enough about this stuff to fake staff lists that could just as easily be legit.
Yup, that's very possible indeed. That's why I was confused by the " director " position given that isn't what Yajima has been doing lately.

MunchMunch

Tbf this makes sense, because the majority of the returning characters have been used to elevate a Journey's character story.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
But Alain is great. It’s kinda cool they brought him back as a continuity nod (which they’ve been doing with every character) and he’s there because of that instead of being Ash’s revenge punching bag. At with Leon he’s fighting a new person.

Eh either way if you guys want your revenge match leaks could be fake either way

This is also very true. Bringing Alain back just so Ash wipes him so the fanbase can get their misguided revenge over the XY meltdowns would be such a waste of his character considering he had an arc of his own in the Mega Evolution Specials and the main series too. Him going out first round to Leon might suck, but him going toe-to-toe with Leon is honestly great for him, especially since it’s clear Alain’s growth has led him back to Mega Evolution and his own strength in his own terms, rather than Lysandre’s or anyone else’s.

Belowski

They were out of Champions and Alain was the most recent League winner.

They decided to boot Raihan out of the tournament, and pretty much everyone could tell that Flint was just a placeholder.

Pokemon Master Roxas!

Returning PokeMaster
Sigh. We literally got unasked information about Alain, Leon, Lance and Ash and Taiwan leaker saying Diantha is fighting Cynthia. WHERE IS IRIS. Where is the important news at?

But yea, Taiwan leaker is annoying, this guy is annoying and Georgia guy leaker is annoying. At this point they must be in some group Kik chat making this up cooking up ways of trolling. Guess that’s about it and just wait
Whatever happened to Moon anyway? Didn't Dephender said Moon was the only legit credible anime leaker?

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
This is also very true. Bringing Alain back just so Ash wipes him so the fanbase can get their misguided revenge over the XY meltdowns would be such a waste of his character considering he had an arc of his own in the Mega Evolution Specials and the main series too. Him going out first round to Leon might suck, but him going toe-to-toe with Leon is honestly great for him, especially since it’s clear Alain’s growth has led him back to Mega Evolution and his own strength in his own terms, rather than Lysandre’s or anyone else’s.
That part. And what you said, I concur with fully. I’ve been saying that. I don’t think it’s right basing an entire characters story on the main character. What’s the point of writing characters if the writers have to go around egg shells of “well the main character hasn’t done this yet”, “shouldn’t the main character have this?” etc. It’s like people judge characters on their proximity towards Ash fully and that’s called a self insert at that point.

What’s the big difference between him being jobbed with Ash who has Pokémon that’s constantly protected by plot (and not even using the same team) and Leon an undefeated Champion where he’s putting a good fight against besides Ash getting his “revenge”?

Pokemon Master Roxas!

Returning PokeMaster
That part. And what you said, I concur with fully. I’ve been saying that. I don’t think it’s right basing an entire characters story on the main character. What’s the point of writing characters if the writers have to go around egg shells of “well the main character hasn’t done this yet”, “shouldn’t the main character have this?” etc. It’s like people judge characters on their proximity towards Ash fully and that’s called a self insert at that point.

What’s the big difference between him being jobbed with Ash who has Pokémon that’s constantly protected by plot (and not even using the same team) and Leon an undefeated Champion where he’s putting a good fight against besides Ash getting his “revenge”?
I agree with all of this.

Belowski

Given Flint's abrupt and unexplained disappearance, I truly believe that he was supposed to be the original 8th slot filler for the Masters 8, but around the time that they decided to actually animate the non-Ash battles instead of depicting them as still images like originally planned, they decided to replace Flint with Alain.

Ajy98

Given Flint's abrupt and unexplained disappearance, I truly believe that he was supposed to be the original 8th slot filler for the Masters 8, but around the time that they decided to actually animate the non-Ash battles instead of depicting them as still images like originally planned, they decided to replace Flint with Alain.
Makes sense, since they even got his VA back from 2010 to say what...2 or 3 lines? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.