• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Anime Future Episodes Leaks/Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Given Flint's abrupt and unexplained disappearance, I truly believe that he was supposed to be the original 8th slot filler for the Masters 8, but around the time that they decided to actually animate the non-Ash battles instead of depicting them as still images like originally planned, they decided to replace Flint with Alain.
That wouldn’t make much sense because Alain was above Flint’s place already. Iris knocked him out and by that time Raihan’s rank was dropped towards last

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Alain didn’t have to return, but it’s also not like there’s a ton of qualified trainers to participate in something so high level, especially with Frontier Brains not being taken that seriously in the anime. Your realistic options were really a coin flip between Alain, Paul, and Wallace, and we see where that ended up. I’d honestly rather have Gary or Ritchie in the M8 even if it makes zero logical sense for either at this point, but I also realize Alain returning is an attractive choice to the writers. It also must be said that not every character’s life or journey revolves around Ash. He may be the protagonist, but it’s not really a reason for him to be the center of the universe.
You have Alder for an extra Champion. I'm sure a retired Champion could partake in the Master 8. Especially if Ash never fights him to begin with.

Alain's story wrapped up nicely with him becoming Sycamore's assistant again, and accompanying Mairin to find more Mega Stones. Thus, bringing him back to the Master 8 Tournament is just gonna remind people that Ash has a chance to fight Alain again.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
That wouldn’t make much sense because Alain was above Flint’s place already. Iris knocked him out and by that time Raihan’s rank was dropped towards last

i don’t think they necessarily had that decided yet half a year ago. I’m sure they knew they wanted Iris in the top 8, but Flint could have clawed his way back up to 6th.

Belowski

You have Alder for an extra Champion. I'm sure a retired Champion could partake in the Master 8. Especially if Ash never fights him to begin with.

Alain's story wrapped up nicely with him becoming Sycamore's assistant again, and accompanying Mairin to find more Mega Stones. Thus, bringing him back to the Master 8 Tournament is just gonna remind people that Ash has a chance to fight Alain again.
Alder has the "Unsho Ishizuka is dead" problem. Since he's not an essential character like say Oak, they decided to not bother recasting him and swept him under the rug by making Iris the new Champion

Sham

The Guardian of War

Nope, that would mean Alder is above Iris undermining her position. The whole point of Iris being there is Alder isn’t and before you hit the “well Alain and Diantha are both there” button first Alain has arguably done more on screen then Alder unfortunately and having the new and current Unova Champion sends mixed messages.

Kinda thought it was because of Alder’s VA but then again Trip ain’t returned either so lowkey it could be they just want BW continuity gone

Nonetheless, alternatively it balances out the ratio of children vs adults somewhat.

Shadao

Alder has the "Unsho Ishizuka is dead" problem. Since he's not an essential character like say Oak, they decided to not bother recasting him and swept him under the rug by making Iris the new Champion
They recasted Professor Rowan and Giovanni before. And they got a new voice actor for Chuck. You're more likely to see Professor Oak never showing up because more people associate Unsho Ishizuka with Professor Oak than with Alder.

Nope, that would mean Alder is above Iris undermining her position. The whole point of Iris being there is Alder isn’t and before you hit the “well Alain and Diantha are both there” first Alain has arguably done more on screen then Alder unfortunately and having the new and current Unova Champion sends mixed messages.

Kinda thought it was because of Alder’s VA but then again Trip ain’t returned either so lowkey it could be they just want BW continuity gone

Nonetheless, alternatively it balances out the ratio of children vs adults somewhat.
Well, Iris can show off why she's Champion of Unova by beating Alder again on the world stage.

anipokefan

I don't know why this is so hard to get for some individuals, like you can't pretend people wouldn't make up expectations for a possible rematch vs Ash if Alain is here, that they are entitled to their expectations is understable, looking at the one perfect opportunity for rematch between the 2 since it's a world wide tournament after all.

This is literally the same if you replace Alain for Paul or hell even Tobias, people would want and expect a match vs those characters, and denying them for those possible battles will make them mad, I honestly don't know why this is so hard to get lol

Shadao

I don't know why this is so hard to get for some individuals, like you can't pretend people wouldn't make up expectations for a possible rematch vs Ash if Alain is here, that they are entitled to their expectations is understable, looking at the one perfect opportunity for rematch between the 2 since it's a world wide tournament after all.

This is literally the same if you replace Alain for Paul or hell even Tobias, people would want and expect a match vs those characters, and denying them for those possible battles will make them mad, I honestly don't know why this is so hard to get lol
I would say that since Ash technically defeated Tobias given that Tobias only won via reserves, so really Tobias makes excellent cannon fodder for Leon to show how tough he is.

I mean, a G-Max Charizard eating legendaries for breakfast, that's something.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu

I don't think Alder could care less about participating the PWC when he don't give a damn about his champion status. I mean he is ok losing his champion status when N defeated him (in games) so why would he suddenly want to participate in the PWC when he can spend his retirement around kid.

Sham

The Guardian of War
They recasted Professor Rowan and Giovanni before. And they got a new voice actor for Chuck. You're more likely to see Professor Oak never showing up because more people associate Unsho Ishizuka with Professor Oak than with Alder.

Well, Iris can show off why she's Champion of Unova by beating Alder again on the world stage.
While agreed with your analysis on the voice casting honestly because it probably was a “alright might as well” then “oh sh**t we gotta get rid of Alder”. It still a bad message and why would people need a rematch? Offscreen or onscreen random matches are better that’s the fun part of tournaments.

It would be the same if Wallace was there immediately after Steven became Champion in ORAS

Or Lance just becoming Champion after Gary (if that happened). Alain makes more sense narrative wise outside of being his punching bag

Last edited:

doofinc

get rillaboomed
And right on cue, everyone gets all worked up about this leak, without any proof or corroboration.

Someone wake me up when this is confirmed.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled pissing and moaning.
Was expecting chaos, wasn't expecting it to be worse than r/pokeleaks so color me impressed

Sham

The Guardian of War
He's reading this forum and what that user said a few pages back, don't listen to it
I know, it happened last night. When that leaker was posting from whatever chan, he posted it and then said *unproven* which was the same thing other dude said. That’s why I said salt.

My only hope is that other Japanese people are believing it but not gonna get excited tbh

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
I don’t personally think we really need Alder around even if he needed a recast. He retired in the games and retired here. I’d sooner expect a strong E4 member like Flint, Caitlin, Karen, or Lorelai to make it first honestly.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I'm like 5000 percent sure that all we have to figure out is the two battle combos of Diantha/Iris/Cynthia/Lance

“Leaker” said only Alain and Leon was mentioned. This means along with the Ash and Lance thing he’s just guessing. It could very well be switched especially when Taiwan implied Diantha vs fight Cynthia, so he’s just talking.

The only person who seems on it is that other user and he said he gets the magazine a day early and will confirm.

Anyway possibly last match ups could be

Steven vs Iris

Steven vs Diantha

Cynthia vs Iris

Cynthia vs Diantha

Status
Not open for further replies.