• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Anime Future Episodes Leaks/Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

Pseudos don't mean squat in the anime universe. We've seen a Turtwig take out a Metagross.

Ash uses Dynamax/G-Max in the first preview. He's like going to G-Max Gengar in this battle. However, I think it will be utilized like the Raihan battle with Metagross taking it out and Pikachu probably getting the win against Metagross as it wouldn't make sense for Pikachu to lose here and then be used against a much stronger ace (And maybe even get a win) later down the line.

Also, Cynthia is unlikely to use 2 water types.
He could G Max Gengar in this episode but I think he could use G Max against Cynthia and uses Pikachu’s Z move against Steven’s Metagross

tsunamimijumaru

I'm guessing it's Gmax against Steven. Mega Evolution against Cynthia and then the Z move will be saved for Leon.

Ash vs Steven:

Pikachu, Gengar & Sirfetch'd vs Metagross, Cradily & Aggron/Alolan Sandslash

Ash vs Cynthia:

Dragonite, Dracovish & Lucario vs Garchomp, Kommo-o & Rosersde

Ash vs Leon will definitely be a 6 vs 6

AJ97

The anime has never really considered pseudo legendaries to be stronger than regular pokemon.
Generally, Legendary Pokemon are shown 1 step above regular pokemon and special legendaries (Mewtwo, Rayquaza etc) are shown much stronger than champion tier trainers.
Technically no. Chimchar was there and had the type advantage so that’s not the fully story. Considering the anime loves deciding when that makes sense this probably was the very few situations
Seriously? You're going to argue with a "Type advantage point" lol

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
The anime has never really considered pseudo legendaries to be stronger than regular pokemon.
Generally, Legendary Pokemon are shown 1 step above regular pokemon and special legendaries (Mewtwo, Rayquaza etc) are shown much stronger than champion tier trainers.
Pseudo Legendary is a fan made term, so of course the anime won’t use that term to outright say that these Pokémon are stronger than others. But those Pokémon have always been portrayed as a much stronger species than regular Pokémon - eg Alain’s, Paul‘s and Tyson‘s Metagross, Ash’s and Iris’ Dragonite, Cynthia’s and Paul’s Garchomp etc.

And Legendary/Mythical Pokémon are nearly always shown to be much stronger than regular Pokémon. We saw what Moltres did to Ash‘s Sinnoh Ace, or how Tobias swept through Sinnoh with just a Darkrai.

AJ97

Pseudo Legendary is a fan made term, so of course the anime won’t use that term to outright say that these Pokémon are stronger than others. But those Pokémon have always been portrayed as a much stronger species than regular Pokémon - eg Alain’s, Paul‘s and Tyson‘s Metagross, Ash’s and Iris’ Dragonite, Cynthia’s and Paul’s Garchomp etc.

And Legendary/Mythical Pokémon are nearly always shown to be much stronger than regular Pokémon. We saw what Moltres did to Ash‘s Sinnoh Ace, or how Tobias swept through Sinnoh with just a Darkrai.
You're basically looking at the Main characters. All Pokemon owned by them will always be stronger than the average pokemon
Pokemon of Main characters of Alain, Ash, Iris etc are always stronger. It has nothing to do with the pokemon being a pseudo legendary.

1) Ash's Lucario is shown as stronger than Dragonite.

2) Alain's Charizard is shown as stronger than Metagross. Plus, Alain's Metagross. was never really shown strong. It was at max shown relative to Ash's Kalos team which is why we see Pikachu wreck both his "Pseudo Legendaries" Forcing Alain to bring out Charizard.
Did you also forget about Ash's Goodra getting taken out by Bisharp?

3) Iris's Haxorus is shown stronger than Dragonite.

The simple fact is that, game stats don't mean squat in the anime universe. If a trainer is strong, all his pokemon will be shown as strong. Irrespective of whether they are pre-evolved or a "pseduo legendary" or whatever they are.

No. Regular Legendary/Mythicals are not shown to be "Much stronger always". We see Goh/Gary defeat and capture Regieleki/Regidrago. We've seen Ash defeat a lot of legendaries in the past. We've also seen Goh fight Zapdos. The list goes on. As for your point about "Tobias", did you forget about the other trainer with "Heatran" in the Sinnoh League who didn't even make it to the semi-finals?

The Pokemon that are always shown as substantially stronger are the special legendaries like Mewtwo and Rayquaza.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Seriously? You're going to argue with a "Type advantage point" lol

Ignoring the fact that he rightly called you out for not telling the entire story I see.

First off: Conway and Holly specifically pointed out the type matchups pre-battle. Calling 'type match-ups' in this case is fair, but not the end of it all.

Second: Turtwig did exactly ZERO attacks against Metagross, instead a suped-up Chimchar wrecked it.

"We've seen a Turtwig take out a Metagross" = 100% lie.

So I'd "seriously" consider deleting your high and mighty post. Because you obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Last edited:

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
You're basically looking at the Main characters. All Pokemon owned by them will always be stronger than the average pokemon
Pokemon of Main characters of Alain, Ash, Iris etc are always stronger. It has nothing to do with the pokemon being a pseudo legendary.

1) Ash's Lucario is shown as stronger than Dragonite.

2) Alain's Charizard is shown as stronger than Metagross. Plus, Alain's Metagross. was never really shown strong. It was at max shown relative to Ash's Kalos team which is why we see Pikachu wreck both his "Pseudo Legendaries" Forcing Alain to bring out Charizard.
Did you also forget about Ash's Goodra getting taken out by Bisharp?

3) Iris's Haxorus is shown stronger than Dragonite.

The simple fact is that, game stats don't mean squat in the anime universe. If a trainer is strong, all his pokemon will be shown as strong. Irrespective of whether they are pre-evolved or a "pseduo legendary" or whatever they are.

No. Regular Legendary/Mythicals are not shown to be "Much stronger always". We see Goh/Gary defeat and capture Regieleki/Regidrago. We've seen Ash defeat a lot of legendaries in the past. We've also seen Goh fight Zapdos. The list goes on. As for your point about "Tobias", did you forget about the other trainer with "Heatran" in the Sinnoh League who didn't even make it to the semi-finals?

The Pokemon that are always shown as substantially stronger are the special legendaries like Mewtwo and Rayquaza.
I mean they went out of their way in BW to show that Dragonite was by far the strongest Pokémon in the entire cast until Charizard arrived, and Alain’s Metagross was the only other Pokémon besides Charizard he used up until Ash, and it was the first Pokémon that dominated Peakachu like that. According to your logic, the likes of Iris’ Emolga or Alain‘s Unfeazant would also have to be on that level, because they too belong to a main character - but that isn’t the case. Using the MCs aces to prove me wrong is also invalid. Ace Pokémon are obviously an exception, that’s why I explicitly said they pseudos are stronger than regular Pokémon. Additionally, Tyson is definitely not a MC, and his Metagross dominated Ash’s team, and not any of his 5 5 Mons. Goh is also not a valid argument, his entire shtick is catching Pokémon, not defeating powerful trainers. And the Heatran trainer was in a grand total of one frame, it might as well belong to Tobias, which would make sense.

Obviously the game logic does not apply to the anime 100% of the time, especially when the MCs are involved, but the anime clearly respects some of the general hierarchy introduced in the games. Outright denying that is your head canon.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
He could G Max Gengar in this episode but I think he could use G Max against Cynthia and uses Pikachu’s Z move against Steven’s Metagross

i'd personally rather he wait till he gets to Leon before firing that off.

Because it would really help cement him being Alola's champion more by using their regions gimmick against the world monarch.

Master Pikachu 11

i'd personally rather he wait till he gets to Leon before firing that off.

Because it would really help cement him being Alola's champion more by using their regions gimmick against the world monarch.
I would like that too, but the opening is teasing that Ash is going to Mega evolve Lucario

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Can't help it if you're stupid enough to get the implication of the comment.
Despite the fact that Paul there had fully evolved Pokemon like Torterra and Ash had something a more experienced Pikachu, yet they resorted to use first stage evolutions CLEARLY IMPLIES that the WRITERS DO NOT CONSIDER "PSEUDO LEGENDARIES" to be all that species.

Yes, there was a Zangoose which prompted Paul to also use Chimchar, however, the writers had absolutely no issue include a "PSEUDO LEGENDARY" into a battle with 2 pre-evolutions. They could have had the random trainer even use a Beldum, Metang or literally any other steel/psychic type.
But no, they added a Metagross in there. Plus, even in Journey's we see Team rocket use a random Pseudo Legendary (Tyranitar) from the Gatcha machine.

So you're gonna argue type advantages mattered because of a silly line that was said? There are multiple lines stated in the anime where people talk about type advantages making a difference and there are just as many instances where the type advantages are completely ignored. The massive inconsistency Clearly suggests that type advantages don't mean squat.

So maybe you should think about what you say before insulting someone else. Can't help if you're stupid enough to look at things from a broader perspective and have a narrow minded good for nothing view like most of your comments on this forum.

Great job proving my point.

1. Gets called out for telling the story wrong ("Chimchar was there, not full story"): Ignores it. Focuses on a side argument: 'type advantage'.
2. Gets called out for fabricating a lie ('Turtwig take out a Metagross'): Goes ad hominem and focuses on a discussion I never even brought up in the first place.
3. Also, I'm not arguing type-advantage. I'm saying that the anime itself referenced it literal seconds before the match started, and that Sham -referencing it as a secondary argument - with this particular match-up is fair as opposed to match-ups where it wasn't brought up for instances.

The simple fact is you can't say 'We've seen a Turtwig take out a Metagross' when that wasn't what happened at all.. We saw a Chimchar at a crucial point in its narrative showcase a glimpse of its massive latent potential by overcoming a Pokemon that in the previous series was presented as a big threat - while Turtwig had little to do with it. Twisting a story to suit your narrative isn't a broader implication - it's a fabrication. And then to claim that someone is stupid for not seeing the "broader implication". That's simply rude as hell, along with thrifty comebacks preceeded by 'seriously' and ending on 'lol'.

I don't care about the pseudo-legendary discussion. No need to discuss that with me. The anime does what it wants when it wants. Fully evolved pokemon tend to be portrayed as stronger obstacles - and pokemon like Metagross, Hydreigon, etc often need several pokemon to take down. Yes, sometimes there are exceptions, like with Peakachu beating Alain's Metagross and Tyranitar - or in this case a sup'ed up Chimchar at a critical point of its narrative. But more often than not, 'pseudo's are big obstacles - that's just a well represented concept in the anime.

Any changes to the OP that we know of?

Status
Not open for further replies.