• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Anime Theories Thread

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
(obviously, SPPF rules apply, please, please don't start flame wars here)
Just a thread for anyone who has any theories about the anime, any theories allowed as long as they are within SPPF rules, crackpot theories are encouraged here.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ash is in a coma never-ending dream.

BW and XY take place in an alternate universe from the OS-DP series

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ash is in a coma never-ending dream.

BW and XY take place in an alternate universe from the OS-DP series
I'll add to that:
The M10 timey-spacey stuff and the TG arc created a timeline split, one timeline led into BW/XY, while the other one led to SM, the difference is that in the BW/XY timeline Mimey didn't win the contest to go to alola. In BW, zekrom gave ash brain damage, that somehow got fixed in XY when he fell down the stairs from the plane and also gave him a bit of a boost. In SM the early slapstick gave him mild amnesia

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Brock is far-sighted and that's why he can't tell rice balls from jelly doughnuts. Ash and co never bothered to correct him because they felt like they'd be making fun of a disability which is a big no-no for the group.

Genaller

Silver Soul

Genaller

Silver Soul
The last post is older than 60 days
Your point? I said ‘this should be relevant over here’ meaning every post in that thread applies to this 1 as well, so I don’t see the point in just rehashing all of my old posts hence why I’m just linking that thread instead.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Genaller

Silver Soul
I agree with SM ash being "vacation mode" ash (and heh, the kiss theory was also pretty good), and you know what'd be hilarious? If silver is actually revealed to be ash's dad and he fights kukui hand to hand. Also, what's this "height progression"?
OS he’s at around Jessise’s chest -> AG at her neck area -> DP slightly above her chin -> XY at her forehead. All of these were from eps done by Iwane who’s the most consistent animator in the series.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
OS he’s at around Jessise’s chest -> AG at her neck area -> DP slightly above her chin -> XY at her forehead. All of these were from eps done by Iwane who’s the most consistent animator in the series.
what about bw and sm? Though now that I think of it, I don't think Iwane has made any SM episodes where ash and jessie are close enough to each other to compare

Genaller

Silver Soul
what about bw and sm? Though now that I think of it, I don't think Iwane has made any SM episodes where ash and jessie are close enough to each other to compare
He’s notably shorter in bw which is why I had brought it up back then.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ash's experience with greninja allowed him to get a better understandnig of how pokemon moves work in general (as in, how they pull them off, how it feels like to do it, etc), which is why in SM he's tried to give his pokemon examples of how to go about learning moves (rock throw, flamea charge, bullet seed), and it's also why he tends to train alongside pokemon a bit more often

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Ash's experience with greninja allowed him to get a better understandnig of how pokemon moves work in general (as in, how they pull them off, how it feels like to do it, etc), which is why in SM he's tried to give his pokemon examples of how to go about learning moves (rock throw, flamea charge, bullet seed), and it's also why he tends to train alongside pokemon a bit more often

That actually kinda makes sense and it would give Ash-Greninja more of a purpose than it originally had if its side effects have taught Ash how to empathize more with his Pokemon.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I headcannon that Giovanni is Ash’s real dad. Yes, I’m one of those people.

I headcannon that May would eventually like to be a teacher of some sort, if teaching Pokémon contests is a thing.

I headcannon Gary becoming a great Professor and eventually sending Ash and Misty’s future child with a mission to complete his Pokédex.

Clearly, I headcannon Ash ending up with Misty, May with Drew, Tracey with Daisy, Dawn with Kenny, Iris with Cilan, Mallow and Lillie or Kiawe and Brock with who knows who. Poor Brock :/

I also headcannon OS - DP being one verse while BW, XY and SM are parallel verses for the hell of it.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I suspect that Jessie might be Giovanni's illegitimate daughter. The Birth of Mewtwo CD Drama shows he was already an adult 20 years ago, when Jessie was just 5. Despite Miyamoto being lost, Jessie's father is never present in her childhood to take care of her, and she is just an orphan, meaning the father is dead or absent for some reason. Also Giovanni keeps the trio around despite their ineptitude and presumably finances their inventions, wasting money. James has rich parents and Meowth is a rare talking Pokemon, but Jessie doesn't have anything besides a familial connection to a high-ranking former agent. Perhaps she's also his child, as he and Miyamoto were lovers in the past, and Jessie is kept because of nepotism on his part. Obviously nobody but Giovanni and possibly his most trusted agents know.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I suspect that Jessie might be Giovanni's illegitimate daughter. The Birth of Mewtwo CD Drama shows he was already an adult 20 years ago, when Jessie was just 5. Despite Miyamoto being lost, Jessie's father is never present in her childhood to take care of her, and she is just an orphan, meaning the father is dead or absent for some reason. Also Giovanni keeps the trio around despite their ineptitude and presumably finances their inventions, wasting money. James has rich parents and Meowth is a rare talking Pokemon, but Jessie doesn't have anything besides a familial connection to a high-ranking former agent. Perhaps she's also his child, as he and Miyamoto were lovers in the past, and Jessie is kept because of nepotism on his part. Obviously nobody but Giovanni and possibly his most trusted agents know.

Interesting theory!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Jessie and James are in love with one another, they're just those type of people that don't realize it.

May, Drew, Zoey and Dawn are Grand Coordinators now, Paul won a League, and Gary is the world's youngest regional professor..... we'll never see them again so.... best explanation

Ash's dad is a bum named Red who left Delia before Ash was born, utterly failed at his dreams, and went to the entire opposite end of the world to run away from his failures. TLDR; Ash's dad is a bad man, which is why Oak and Delia never talk about him

Butch/Cassidy have done what the TRio failed to do, they made a successful Sinnoh Team Rocket branch and are in charge of day to day operations. An excuse as to why they were never seen again

Persian actually doesn't like Giovanni, he only sticks around to piss off Meowth

Pierce and Tobias are brothers

The SM pirates stole Team Rocket's BW sub and made changes to it

All the movies up to Victini are canon. Victini onwards are not, they're just alternate universes not so different from the one we're familiar with.

Ash may or may not have multiple personality disorder. Explaining his inconsistent personality from saga to saga, and why he doesn't remember certain Pokemon he should

Cilan actually is a connoisseur at everything, he's not over exaggerating. He's extremely talented and only messes up to not make others feel bad about themselves.

Serena moved on, if she truly still loved Ash don't you think she'd have returned by now? :p

Despite what countless characters and Pokemon say, Ash is not the chosen one. He's destined to guide the true chosen one to save the world from a threat unlike those he's dealt with before. Until he meets that person, he's cursed to lose every official Pokemon League he competes in so he continually travels