• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Anime Versus Thread v4

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Greninja taught him to use aura but everything Lucario does is up to Greninja. The shuriken Greninja didn't even go through the root while Lucario destroyed the root at the end of the episode and his aura sphere in normal form was even stronger when he fought with Duradoron that comes the same. goh matori trusted gozu would handle ultra guardian that gladion ash and kyawe were there and I remember you giovani domino pikachu and two team rocke members made things difficult for lance nothing says gozu was weak if braviary losing to mega agron no says he was weak and lyncarod came from another round before that and it was an effective attack
Greninja was able to destroy every single root it attempted to in that episode, I repeat again. There was only 1 root which was refusing to budge but Greninja still destroyed by attacking the core of that root.

Against Duraludon, Lucario's Aura Sphere was that much strong only due to the training it did with Greninja, that was made more than clear by the fact that when Lucario was building up that gigantic aura Sphere, Greninja was literally even shown at the time. Does it require anything more to refer that Lucario's rising aura was entirely due to the training it did with Greninja?

Yeah, Braviary was fighting Mega Aggron alongside Faba's Pokemon and yet all 3 of those Pokemon got flattened by a single attack by Gozu's Mega Aggron. The same Mega Aggron in the very next episode got destroyed by Kukui's Incineroar Z-move. Does it require anything more to prove that Kukui's Braviary is way, way, way weaker than Incineroar?

And Lycanroc lost to this very same Braviary despite having a type-advantage, prior to its battle with Braviary it didn't take any damage either, so it lost in a fair 1 vs 1 battle against Braviary. Lycanroc henceforth has no business being compared to Naganadel, let alone Kukui's Incineroar.

Sentoiii3

Greninja was able to destroy every single root it attempted to in that episode, I repeat again. There was only 1 root which was refusing to budge but Greninja still destroyed by attacking the core of that root.

Against Duraludon, Lucario's Aura Sphere was that much strong only due to the training it did with Greninja, that was made more than clear by the fact that when Lucario was building up that gigantic aura Sphere, Greninja was literally even shown at the time. Does it require anything more to refer that Lucario's rising aura was entirely due to the training it did with Greninja?

Yeah, Braviary was fighting Mega Aggron alongside Faba's Pokemon and yet all 3 of those Pokemon got flattened by a single attack by Gozu's Mega Aggron. The same Mega Aggron in the very next episode got destroyed by Kukui's Incineroar Z-move. Does it require anything more to prove that Kukui's Braviary is way, way, way weaker than Incineroar?

And Lycanroc lost to this very same Braviary despite having a type-advantage, prior to its battle with Braviary it didn't take any damage either, so it lost in a fair 1 vs 1 battle against Braviary. Lycanroc henceforth has no business being compared to Naganadel, let alone Kukui's Incineroar.
Where it was said that greninja hit the core, the roots, the only thing we saw was shuriken hit and did not pierce. Nothing and that it broke the roots of the lucalio base. No. then he wins the tournament, it does not make me the winner of the tournament and Goh himself mentions the aura sphere of his duel, Duradoron is stronger. that the mega lucalio that helped greninja with the roots and I that know greninja no ed lucalio he obviously got tired after hurting incineroar and kukui sent braviary makes a super effective move because if someone's mega agron thought he could handle ash kyawe gladion like gozu and matori had complete confidence

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Where it was said that greninja hit the core, the roots, the only thing we saw was shuriken hit and did not pierce. Nothing and that it broke the roots of the lucalio base. No. then he wins the tournament, it does not make me the winner of the tournament and Goh himself mentions the aura sphere of his duel, Duradoron is stronger. that the mega lucalio that helped greninja with the roots and I that know greninja no ed lucalio he obviously got tired after hurting incineroar and kukui sent braviary makes a super effective move because if someone's mega agron thought he could handle ash kyawe gladion like gozu and matori had complete confidence
If you're gonna go around in circles, then there is no point in continuing this argument. Maybe try to counter the exact points I've been making in the argument rather than doing so.

Greninja still was able to destroy the root regardless if he pierced the root or not, piercing is not the only way to destroy the roots. Plus you seem to completely ignore the fact that Greninja was able to slice every other root into pieces by using Cut, whilst Lucario's Aura Sphere simply bounced off the roots like nothing.

The Aura Sphere against Duraludon was stronger for sure, but it only got that strong due to it's training with Greninja, which was clearly referred in the episode by the fact that the episode literally showed a scene of Greninja whilst Lucario was building up the Aura Sphere. If the episode wasn't referring that it was Greninja's training that made Lucario that stronger, why would the episode bother literally showing a scene of Greninja whilst Lucario was building up the Aura Sphere? Pretty much common sense.

Why on earth would Lycanroc get tired by hurting Incineroar? Does Stone Edge cause recoil damage? Lycanroc just hit Incineroar with a Stone Edge, that's all. How can hurting your opponent with a move make yourself tired unless the move causes recoil damage? Lycanroc clearly took no damage prior to battling Braviary whatsoever.

Braviary having a super-effective move can't really be used as an excuse when Braviary itself was weak to Rock type moves. Having type-weakness to Rock type moves trumps having one counter super-effective move. Plus, many of Ash's other Pokemon have overcome taking super effective hits to win battles, so why couldn't Lycanroc do that? Just one counter super-effective move and Lycanroc lost the battle? Then it means that Lycanroc just isn't that good as you're suggesting. This is the same Braviary that got flattened by Gozu's Mega Aggron, whilst Kukui's Incineroar destroyed the same Mega Aggron in seconds with a Z-move. It doesn't really need any more proof to assess that Kukui's Braviary was way weaker than his Incineroar, to whom Lycanroc lost despite having type advantage.

This argument seems to be going nowhere so I am done with this after this post. Henceforth don't expect any further response from me regarding this argument.

Last edited:

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Misty's Politoed runs the Ash Water-Type Pokemon Gauntlet

Round 1) Totodile

Round 2) Oshawott

Round 3) Palpitoad

Round 4) Corphish

Round 5) Buizel

Round 6) Kingler

Round 7) Squirtle

Round 8) Dracovish

Round 9) Greninja

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Misty's Politoed runs the Ash Water-Type Pokemon Gauntlet

Round 1) Totodile

Round 2) Oshawott

Round 3) Palpitoad

Round 4) Corphish

Round 5) Buizel

Round 6) Kingler

Round 7) Squirtle

Round 8) Dracovish

Round 9) Greninja
Politoed stops at either Round 6 or 7. Might make it past Kingler on a good day but definitely loses to Squirtle, who has a win against the strongest Kanto Frontier brain.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
And how far would Misty's Mega Gyarados go?
I don't rate Mega Gyarados too highly TBH. If you observe the battle carefully, it barely dented Pikachu at all even after Mega Evolving and was falling over even when Pikachu hit it with its non-electric attacks. That battle was very well animated, but Pikachu hardly struggled much. I think Ash's Squirtle can probably beat it.

Last edited: