• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Anime Versus Thread v4

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Kukui vs Cameron 5 versus 5

Iris's Axew vs Ash's Scraggy

Ash's Dragonite vs Ash's Oshawott

Gladion vs Clemont

Gary's Scizor vs Iris's Dragonite
I lol'd at Dragonite vs Oshawott.
Gladion
idk about Iris vs Gary
and Kukui would win against Cameron.

@mehmeh1 maybe mehmeh would give insight to this match:
Gigachu from Ep 13 of PM vs SM Pikachu from Tapu Koko battle with 10MV. Will 10MV beat Gigachu(since basic attacks don't work)?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Poke'fan68 said:
Kukui vs Cameron 5 versus 5

Iris's Axew vs Ash's Scraggy

Ash's Dragonite vs Ash's Oshawott

Gladion vs Clemont

Gary's Scizor vs Iris's Dragonite

I always thought that Satoshi's Zuruggu would be able to beat Iris's Kibago simply because Kibago didn't get enough training compared to Zuruggu, who was at least implied to train off-screen more often if I'm not mistaken. As for Shigeru's Hassam versus Iris's Kairyu, I think Kairyu would win just because we saw its strength displayed more often than Hassam's, so I think Kairyu has proven how powerful it is.

OwensJB

If Gladion & Clemont battled Gladion would win because of Silvally who I would bet money on could sweep Clemont's entire team.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I lol'd at Dragonite vs Oshawott.
Gladion
idk about Iris vs Gary
and Kukui would win against Cameron.

@mehmeh1 maybe mehmeh would give insight to this match:
Gigachu from Ep 13 of PM vs SM Pikachu from Tapu Koko battle with 10MV. Will 10MV beat Gigachu(since basic attacks don't work)?
Hmm, I'd say 10MV would badly hurt him (I'd say 10MV>any move Gigachu can use currently), but Gigachu seems to have a ton of bulk, so he'd probably win

Poke'fan68

Gible vs Goodra

Ash's Infernape, Sceptile, Charizard, and Snorlax vs Alains mega Charizard X

Gladion vs Sawyer
Sawyer uses Aegislash, Slaking, and Salamance

DP Ash vs SM Ash 5 versus 5
DP Ash uses Gible, Buizel, Staraptor, Gliscor, and Torterra
SM Ash uses Lycanroc, Incineroar, Rowlet, Melmetal and Naganadel

CMButch

Gible vs Goodra

Gladion vs Sawyer
Sawyer uses Aegislash, Slaking, and Salamance

1. Gible thanks to Draco Meteor or tie.
2.I think MCX would lose to Ash's Snorlax in that gauntlet( if it goes by that order)
3.Gladion with that team since Sawyer's team is made to beat Ash's XY team. If Sawyer used this team to beat Gladion team then maybe he would win( but still Gladion would with Silvally wins. Add Sawyer's Sceptile(Mega) instead of Salamence and Sawyer wins.

4.Lol why Buizel instead of Infernape? With Buizel: SM Ash would win but it'd be tough match. With Infernape: DP Ash wins.

CMButch

I had DP Ash use Buizel instead of Infernape Since Infernape could take down all of Ash's Alola team besides Incineroar or Pikachu without any trouble
Infernape vs Incineroar 1 on 1 would end up Infernape winning. Incineroar is at best Ash's 6th strongest Pokemon as of now. Gigachu first, A-G second. Third is probably, Charizard, 4th is Sceptile, 5th is Blazeape and 6TH Incineroar, it'd be tough battle but Infernape wins due Blaze.
But yeah in gauntlet: Infernape beats Rowlet, Melmetal,Lycanroc, maybe he would lose to Naganadel in the end because he'd be tired after battling those 3.

Poke'fan68

Infernape vs Incineroar 1 on 1 would end up Infernape winning. Incineroar is at best Ash's 6th strongest Pokemon as of now. Gigachu first, A-G second. Third is probably, Charizard, 4th is Sceptile, 5th is Blazeape and 6TH Incineroar, it'd be tough battle but Infernape wins due Blaze.

Thats why I said without any trouble
I know Infernape would beat Incineraor

Leonhart

Imagineer
Poke'fan68 said:

I don't like the implication that Satoshi would need to use four of his strongest Pokemon just to take down Mega Lizardon X, because that makes it seem like Satoshi would lose if he used each of those Pokemon individually, which I don't necessarily agree with. But out of those four, I think his own Lizardon would stand the best chance of winning.

Last edited:

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet

Oh geez as much as I loved Ash's S/M team I think his D/P team would have the edge because even the weakest D/P link - aka Gible - had a strong move like Draco Meteor.

Poke'fan68

Oh geez as much as I loved Ash's S/M team I think his D/P team would have the edge because even the weakest D/P link - aka Gible - had a strong move like Draco Meteor.

Gible is in no way the weakest member of Ash's DP team Ash's DP team ranked in strength goes

Pikachu>Infernape>Staraptor>Gible> Gliscor>Buizel>Torterra

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Gible is in no way the weakest member of Ash's DP team Ash's DP team ranked in strength goes

Pikachu>Infernape>Staraptor>Gible> Gliscor>Buizel>Torterra
Gliscor managed to defeat the Drapion that knocked out half his team. I think it should be above especially factoring in its training.

Torterra has impressive feats as a Turtwig and some as a Grotle. Even its losses as a Torterra are somewhat justifiable: an E4 and the most powerful Gym Leader who could rival the E4. Drapion is a grey area because it did give his Staraptor and Buizel trouble (both of which I also felt got shafted in DP’s later half).

I’d say Pikachu>Infernape>Gliscor>Staraptor>Buizel>Torterra>Gible

Poke'fan68

Tobias said that Gible's Draco Meteor would have defeated any of his Pokemon besides Darkrai so Latios or any other legendary Tobias has wouldn't be able to survive Gibles draco meteor. So Gliscor and Torterra or even Staraptor wouldn't survive Gible's Draco Meteor so after realzing this it goes. Pikachu>Infernape>Gible>Staraptor> Gliscor>Buizel>Torterra

Thinking about this Gible is probably in Ash's top 10 strongest pokemon easily

Last edited:

Poke'fan68

Gladion vs Brock one versus one. Gladion uses Lycanroc with rockium z, and Brock uses Mega Steelix

Swellow vs Staraptor vs Talonflame vs Rowlet vs Noctowl vs Pidgeot vs Unfezant (Rowlet's here since he technically counts as Ash's regional bird in Alola)

Jessie vs James 6 versus 6
Jessie uses Wobbuffet, Mimikyu, Seviper, Gourgeist, Yanmega, and Arbok.
James uses Mareanie, Growlie, Cacnea, Inkay, Yamask, and Weezing

CMButch

Ash's DP members
Blazeape(?) >Peakachu > Infernape(maybe Blazeape is even stronger than DP Pikachu) > Gliscor > Gible( his DM could knock out Gliscor and probably Infernape). No way Staraptor is stronger Gliscor and Gible.
Brock vs Gladion = hard to say maybe ML with Z move barely

Talonflame > Swellow >Noctowl > Rowlet > Staraptor > Unfezant.
Pidgeot is stronger than Rowlet but idk about Noctowl and others because Pidgeot beat Giovanni's Rhydon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Poke'fan68 said:
Tobias said that Gible's Draco Meteor would have defeated any of his Pokemon besides Darkrai so Latios or any other legendary Tobias has wouldn't be able to survive Gibles draco meteor.

I feel like that line was exaggerated since it's very hard for me to imagine a Draco Meteor from a base stage Pokemon like Fukamaru defeating a Legendary Pokemon like Latios, regardless of Latios having the type disadvantage.