• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Anime Versus Thread v4

Pokemonfan5

Yeah, with the power of friendship. It was an unfair match to begin with. Satopika Z is so ****ing broken that it can one-shot arceus.

That battle speaks nothing about tapu koko's strength. He's featless.
power of friendship like all other series had, Pikachu was already an E4 level in past series than in SM he face even more powerful opponents to become Champion level, did you even see their rivalry throughout the series? Pikachu in each battle was getting closer to beat Tapu Koko.

And Tapu Koko has history of fighting a war against multiple UBs along with other Tapus MENTIONED IN ANIME, fight against Light trio member to get Tapu z, he shown whole different level than Kukui's Incineroar who is top E4 level and also more powerful than Legendary Silvally.

Last edited:

TheCrazyMaster

Cynthia's Garchomp vs literally every single COTD's Pokemon in the history of the anime in a row, no breaks.

Peakachu vs Ash's current top 6 mons from strongest to weakest (Dragonite, Ash Greninja, Charizard, Infernape, Sceptile & Snorlax), the order is a bit subjective I admit, and some people may substitute Snorlax for say Krookodile or Incineroar.
Round 1: No G-Max or Z-moves; all Pokemon have the movesets they had since we last saw them
Round 2: No G-Max or Z-moves; all Pokemon have access to all the moves they've ever used
Round 3: Pikachu gets G-Max and 10MVT (one before the other), but it only has access to its current moveset; meanwhile the other 6 have access to all the moves they've ever used (if you include incineroar in the top 6, it gets inferno overdrive).
Round 4: Same as round 3, but Pikachu gets all its moves.

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

Cynthia's Garchomp vs literally every single one off characters Pokemon in the history of the anime in a row, no breaks.

Peakachu vs Ash's current top 6 mons from strongest to weakest (Dragonite, Ash Greninja, Charizard, Infernape, Sceptile & Snorlax), the order is a bit subjective I admit, and some people may substitute Snorlax for say Krookodile or Incineroar.
Round 1: No G-Max or Z-moves; all Pokemon have the movesets they had since we last saw them
Round 2: No G-Max or Z-moves; all Pokemon have access to all the moves they've ever used
Round 3: Pikachu gets G-Max and 10MVT (one before the other), but it only has access to its current moveset; meanwhile the other 6 have access to all the moves they've ever used (if you include incineroar in the top 6, it gets inferno overdrive).
Everyone is here
Round 1 and 2: Ash's top6
Round 3 and 4: Peakachu

Cynthia's Garchomp vs literally every single one off characters Pokemon in the history of the anime in a row, no breaks.

R1 & R2 ; In the best of cases Pikachu beats Dragonite and somehow hurts Greninja, but it is obvious that all 6 beat Pikachu

R3 & R4 : It depends on how long G-max Pikachu is in the battle

Cynthia's Garchomp (No Mega) would beat almost everyone except

Ash Greninja - MCX - MGardevoir - Leon's Charizard - Possibly Lance's Dragonite - Lance's Gyarados - [Supposition] Glacia's Mega Glalie. -

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I'm pretty sure Leon's Charizard > Cynthia's Garchomp lol. Leon's Charizard has much more impressive feats
Which is why Cynthia needs to come back soon with a Dmax/potential Gmax Garchomp, a Mega Lucario, and a Z-move Kommo-o and give Leon an actual fight for his throne.

Morax

King of heroes
Pikachu was already an E4 level in past series than in SM he face even more powerful opponents to become Champion level, did you even see their rivalry throughout the series? Pikachu in each battle was getting closer to beat Tapu Koko
An E4 level pokemon who lost to a snivy and a surksit lol. Nice consistency.

Rivalry? I remember them fighting like 2 times before the league. I won't call that a rivalry but it's been too long since i watched SM so correct me if i'm wrong.

Since when did fighting other pokemon count as an achievement? Alain's charizard was fighting groudon but that don't make him a legendary tier pokemon. Defeating someone is considered a "feat", merely fighting them is not.

Kukui is E4? Defeating an E4 makes you an E4. Everything else is mere speculation. I don't remember Anime! kukui ever fighting an Elite four.

Last edited:
[ Trip Serperior vs Kukui's Incineroar ]

my opinion: Tie, because I remember that Serperior destroyed Pignite, and Torracat, who defeated Incineroar, should be only a little stronger than Pignite

[ Bulbasaur vs Torterra ]

Mo : Bulbasaur, because he had a spectacular performance against Brandon, and Torterra barely did anything in Sinnoh League, although he deserves redemption

[ Staraptor vs Unfezant ]

Mo : Tie, because Unfezant defeated a the strongest Pokemon of Skyla, while staraptor didn't do much in gyms, but at least had a victory in the League

[Corpish vs Hawlucha]

Mo : Corpish, Because he defeated Alakazam (Destra)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ash greninja landed a hit on diantha's gardvoir. I guess that makes him a champion tier pokemon. -_-
Totally different league though.... Esp coz Diantha was holding back and testing his skills
Necrozma was on a rampage
And again, it's a guardian deity, that should be a testament to how strong it is

RafaSceptile

my opinion: Tie, because I remember that Serperior destroyed Pignite, and Torracat, who defeated Incineroar, should be only a little stronger than Pignite

Mo : Bulbasaur, because he had a spectacular performance against Brandon, and Torterra barely did anything in Sinnoh League, although he deserves redemption

Mo : Tie, because Unfezant defeated a the strongest Pokemon of Skyla, while staraptor didn't do much in gyms, but at least had a victory in the League

[Corpish vs Hawlucha]

Kukui
Bulbasaur
Staraptor
My brain says Corpish but my heart says Hawlucha

Morax

King of heroes
Totally different league though.... Esp coz Diantha was holding back and testing his skills
Necrozma was on a rampage
And again, it's a guardian deity, that should be a testament to how strong it is
>holding back
She literally mega evolved Gardevoir. Greninja threw her across the floor in his incomplete form. That's the same as tapu koko "scoring" a hit against necrozma.

If you consider one of them as a noteworthy achievement then the other follows naturally.

(Just rewatched that fight, even noivern scored a hit lmao. Guess that makes him a legendary pokemon now )

Last edited:

Pokemonfan5

An E4 level pokemon who lost to a snivy and a surksit lol. Nice consistency.

Rivalry? I remember them fighting like 2 times before the league. I won't call that a rivalry but it's been too long since i watched SM so correct me if i'm wrong.

Since when did fighting other pokemon count as an achievement? Alain's charizard was fighting groudon but that don't make him a legendary tier pokemon. Defeating someone is considered a "feat", merely fighting them is not.

Kukui is E4? Defeating an E4 makes you an E4. Everything else is mere speculation. I don't remember Anime! kukui ever fighting an Elite four.

So does that mean That Snivy, Panpour vand surskit is faaaaar more powerful than Legendaries like Latios and Regice? Pikachu is obviously reset in those series, otherwise all the gym leaders and all of rivals Pokemons from Paul and Trip will lost so pathetically except Paul's Torterra.

Pikachu and Tapu Koko has battle 3 times before league and each time Pikachu get closer to beat Tapu Koko, Ash and Pikachu train specifically to battle Tapu Koko, Tapu Koko help Ash more than any rivals EXCEPT PAUL to get stronger, give him z ring and crystal x2, upgrade z ring, give different tasks to get stronger, challenge him many times and motivate Ash to take island challenge.

I'm talking about the opponents which are like recurring characters/Pokemons or the one Pikachu defeated, I didn't count Necrozma or dusk Necrozma when I said pikachu battle more powerful opponents because, that was similar to Alan against Groudon.

Kukui was said to be beaten all Kanto E4 except Lance in games, he is pretty much same in anime, he is literally the strongest opponent Ash beat even before Tapu Koko join.

While Tapu Koko+Guardian Is far more powerful than anything Ash beat in past.

Pokemonfan5

[Corpish vs Hawlucha]

Kukui's Incineroar: is far more powerful than Trip's serperior, he shown even more powerful than a well trained Legendary, Torracat got a huge blast burn boost from Incineroar.

Bulbasaur: Torterra lack in speed and bad losing streaks really hold him back alot

Starraptor: Skyla gym battle is the only good thing about Unfezant done yet while Starraptor has won many battles.

Tie: hard to say who is more powerful between Hawlucha and Corphish.

Morax

King of heroes
So does that mean That Snivy, Panpour vand surskit is faaaaar more powerful than Legendaries like Latios and Regice? Pikachu is obviously reset in those series, otherwise all the gym leaders and all of rivals Pokemons from Paul and Trip will lost so pathetically except Paul's Torterra.

Pikachu and Tapu Koko has battle 3 times before league and each time Pikachu get closer to beat Tapu Koko, Ash and Pikachu train specifically to battle Tapu Koko, Tapu Koko help Ash more than any rivals EXCEPT PAUL to get stronger, give him z ring and crystal x2, upgrade z ring, give different tasks to get stronger.

I'm talking about the opponents which are like recurring characters/Pokemons or the one Pikachu defeated, I didn't count Necrozma or dusk Necrozma when I said pikachu battle more powerful opponents because, that was similar to Alan against Groudon.

Kukui was said to be beaten all Kanto E4 except Lance in games, he is pretty much same in anime, he is literally the strongest opponent Ash beat even before Tapu Koko join.

While Tapu Koko+Guardian Is far more powerful than anything Ash beat in past.
Yes, the point is that pikachu's strength is inconsistent. The same is true for every pokemon ash has ever owned. He defeated champion iris with a pokemon he caught a few weeks ago. That should tell you that writers don't care about power consistency.

So tapu koko helped ash defeat himself? Kek

How does fighting someone make you an E4 tier pokemon? He's not even killing them, just fighting.

That's game!kukui. I don't think Anime! Kukui has ever fought an Elite 4 or they would have talked about that.

More than Alain and Tobias? I doubt it. And It's not like ash defeated tapu koko fair and square. He got help in the form of pikashunium Z that appeared out of nowhere.