• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Anime Versus Thread v4

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Why not bill himself when he got turned into a ratatta?
As for the anime, probably either samurai or that one loser in the alola league who brought in a magikarp
That's even better. From the anime's end, why not that cowardly Paras from the original series?

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Tobias VS Steven
To be quite honest, I think Steven with the level of strength that his Metagross has shown, would win, having being able to go on par with Alain's Mega Charizard X, which has proven time and time again to have an insane amount of strength, having being able to go head to head with Steven's own Metagross and take on E4 level opponents with some difficulty, and do 10 battles in a row(albeit this was done with healing items, which takes away a little bit from this feat). Plus, it was able to go hold its own against the Primals, one of which it had a severe type disadvantage against and the other having some very powerful Water moves up its sleeve and last longer than ME Special 3 Charizard X until Rayquaza showed up. Other than that, we haven't seen much of what it can do.

On the other hand, we've got Tobias...while I do believe that he is a formidable trainer in his own right and managed to catch Legendaries in Poke Balls, indicating he is either a strong trainer who found and caught these Pokemon on his own OR as an alternative he managed to befriend these Pokemon somehow. He has shown to be a bit of an arrogant trainer, and he has done nothing but unfairly nuke everyone else who are using regular Pokemon. Not all that impressive if you ask me since it's pretty unfair to them since these Legendaries are on a whole other level naturally in terms of power level, but he did sweep trainers, likely using only 1 move for each Pokemon they sent out. The only one that has actually managed to defeat a Legendary is Ash, who seemed to actually use some strategy and powered through, and he's the only one who has knocked out a single of Tobias' Pokemon, while everyone else got wrecked. We haven't seen what Tobias can do against more experienced trainers such as Cynthia or Steven or any other E4 level trainer, however.

Which is why I think that Steven would win, since even though he has yet to reveal any other Pokemon other than his Metagross, it's likely that they are on somewhat of a similar level considering he is a Champion, and Metagross has proven to be able to hold it's own against Primal Kyogre and Groudon, despite having a type disadvantage. who are stronger than many of the other Mythicals, so who can't say it can't hold it's own against Darkrai in particular? Darkrai may have Dark Void, yes, which can then deal damage through the Bad Dreams ability, but....that's it. Tobias relies too much on brute force and not enough on defense while Steven has plenty of experience in using offensive and defensive measures. Are you telling me that Darkrai can tank a Mega Metagross's Tough Claws boosted Meteor Mash?
this is likely a very weak argument, feel free to smash it to pieces

shoz999

Here's a fun one.

Ash's fast and electrifying Pikachu of the anime vs. Sun's lazy and sluggish Alolan Meowth, Cent, of Pokemon Adventures. Who would win?

blizzardblaze

Pikachu, since he's had a ton of experience despite those soft resets that Zekrom and him not battling for a while, plus he's got a lot of power under his sleeve. Not sure about Cent...but I'm sure he's an ok battler in his own right, but then again the Persian line hasn't been too...known for their battle prowess in Alola, have they?

shoz999

Pikachu, since he's had a ton of experience despite those soft resets that Zekrom and him not battling for a while, plus he's got a lot of power under his sleeve. Not sure about Cent...but I'm sure he's an ok battler in his own right, but then again the Persian line hasn't been too...known for their battle prowess in Alola, have they?
I take it you haven't reached the Sun & Moon chapter yet but no matter, I can definitely see Pikachu winning. That possibility is not too far off but after Pikachu has barely won such an intense and insane battle, how long do you think it would take for Pikachu to rest and heal in the Pokemon Center lol? I'd say an okay battler is an underestimation of Cent's capabilities because this would definitely be one of Pikachu's toughest battles if it ever happened, especially considering that Cent probably has more experience in battling than even Alain's Mega Charizard X.

blizzardblaze

I see then. But I haven't exactly touched any Pokemon manga in years. I wonder if my school library will ever get Pokemon manga...

shoz999

I see then. But I haven't exactly touched any Pokemon manga in years. I wonder if my school library will ever get Pokemon manga...
To be honest, Pikachu probably has an easier time of defeating Cent as long as he does not attack his coin. Although it's a lazy Pokemon due to being pampered by royalty over the years, it takes huge pride in it's coin and goes from lazy to plain berserk if it's coin is ever attacked, showing it's true battling skills and man, it's pretty insane thinking about what Pokemon it defeated. It may even seem like BS at first until you hear it's sad backstory and then suddenly all it's victories make way too much sense.

blizzardblaze

I see then...
I wonder how the manga is handling USUM

shoz999

I see then...
I wonder how the manga is handling USUM
The way I see it. If you want a good adaptation of the original Sun & Moon games, just watch the anime because the manga falls a bit short in this area whereas I think the anime excels. BUT if you want a good adaptation of the USUM games, just read the Pokemon Adventures manga because the anime falls a bit short in this area whereas I think the manga excels.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Cent has been in quite a bit of battles (though IIRC he hasn't accomplished that much on panel after the tournament early on, though I may have to read the water and ghost trials again), but his specialty is his trickery and speed, not his power, Ash can adapt relatively quickly to trickery, and pikachu is also very fast, plus he's got power and a z-move (while Sun only has the firium)

shoz999

Cent has been in quite a bit of battles (though IIRC he hasn't accomplished that much on panel after the tournament early on, though I may have to read the water and ghost trials again), but his specialty is his trickery and speed, not his power, Ash can adapt relatively quickly to trickery, and pikachu is also very fast, plus he's got power and a z-move (while Sun only has the firium)
He has been in enough of battles to show that his strength is quite unusually rare as someone's first Pokemon. Some SPOILERS here but there was the time it battled Guzma's Golisopod and it had a hard time battling that Golisopod, it almost looked certain it was going to lose. That was until Golisopod scratched Cent's coin and it suddenly went berserk, defeating the Golisopod with great ease much to everyone's shock using speed, tactics and even a newfound strength never seen before. Then there was the time it battled Kiawe's Marowak. Keep in mind, this is the manga and unlike the anime, Trial Captains who strength rival that of Gym Leaders are actually a thing here and similar to Guzma's Golisopod, Cent had a hard time beating Kiawe's Marowak until it dirtied it's coin, Cent going berserk again and defeating his Marowak with great ease. There's also the time it took it's battle a bit more seriously when it went up against the feared Wishwashi. Rather than going berserk with explosive strength from nowhere, it battled with more focus, attacking Wishiwashi at a precise spot to beat it.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
He has been in enough of battles to show that his strength is quite unusually rare as someone's first Pokemon. Some SPOILERS here but there was the time it battled Guzma's Golisopod and it had a hard time battling that Golisopod, it almost looked certain it was going to lose. That was until Golisopod scratched Cent's coin and it suddenly went berserk, defeating the Golisopod with great ease much to everyone's shock using speed, tactics and even a newfound strength never seen before. Then there was the time it battled Kiawe's Marowak. Keep in mind, this is the manga and unlike the anime, Trial Captains who strength rival that of Gym Leaders are actually a thing here and similar to Guzma's Golisopod, Cent had a hard time beating it until it dirtied it's coin, going berserk again and defeat his Marowak with great ease. There's also the time it took it's battle a bit more seriously when it went up again Wishwashi. Rather going berserk with explosive strength from nowhere, it battled with more focus, attacking Wishiwashi at a precise spot to beat it.
I knew I was forgetting the trials (and I remembered wrong something else, as I thought En beat Golisopod)

shoz999

I knew I was forgetting the trials (and I remembered wrong something else, as I thought En beat Golisopod)
It's not that Cent tricks Pokemon, it's that it's behavior is really unpredictable because of how it acts lazy one moment earlier and then becomes serious the next moment later. Some people thought it was a little over-the-top for Cent, Sun's first Pokemon, to be defeating extremely powerful Pokemon like that so early on and others just thought maybe Sun was a really good trainer. I thought it was kind of interesting that it never seem to really occurred to people that the writer actually planned a legit good reason behind Sun's first Pokemon unusually high strength. I believe you know the backstory too, pretty sad isn't it? It's a topic often explore what happens to Pokemon but rarely for the trainer.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It's not that Cent tricks Pokemon, it's that it's behavior is really unpredictable because of how it acts lazy one moment earlier and then becomes serious the next moment later. Some people thought it was a little over-the-top for Cent, Sun's first Pokemon, to be defeating extremely powerful Pokemon like that so early on and others just thought maybe Sun was a really good trainer. I thought it was kind of interesting that it never seem to really occurred to people that the writer actually planned a legit good reason behind Sun's first Pokemon unusually high strength. I believe you know the backstory too, pretty sad isn't it? It's a topic often explore what happens to Pokemon but rarely for the trainer.
Now I wonder how good of a trainer
Sun's grandfather
was (and if the theories that Sun is related to alolan royal ancestry are true)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Rowlet vs Pignite?

Genaller

Silver Soul
Rowlet vs Pignite?
Pignite. He has better feats like beating an Emboar and Heatmor simultaneously in his evolution battle, Wins in gyms 7 and 8, tied with Dawn’s Mamoswine and of course putting in the bulk of the work in beating Cameron’s Hydreigon in addition to beating Ferrathorn after that and also tanking a Hydrocannon from Samaroutt afterwards.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Hmm, who do you think would win here?
Guzma vs Brock 2v2 single battle:
Brock: Sudowoodo, M.Steelix
Guzma: Scizor, Golisopod

raichu27

How do you think Ash's Bulbasaur and Charmander would've done against Lt. Surge's Raichu?

I wouldn't be surprised if Ash's Squirtle and Pidgeotto lost easily at Lt. Surge's Raichu, if he used one of these Pokemon against him.