• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Anime Versus Thread v4

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Seems like the previous one got deleted, so I'm remaking it as it was an interesting thread. It works the same as before, discussing about hypothetical battles in the pokemon anime (not specifically battles as we know them, could also be a race, or any other miscellaneous competition)

SH65

Victory Over All!
Here's an interesting one, May's Glaceon Vs. Zoey's Leafeon.

Two Eeevee-lutions owned by two experienced coordinators. I wonder who would win.
I think May wins mid-diff.

I think I have one, Pokegirls vs Pokeboys.
They all only have one pokemon and it's their strongest one.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I think May wins mid-diff.

I think I have one, Pokegirls vs Pokeboys.
They all only have one pokemon and it's their strongest one.
So:
Ash: Pikachu/Charizard/Greninja (not going to open that can of worms)
Brock: Mega Steelix
Tracy:Scyther
Max:Oof
Cilan:Crustle
Clemont:Luxray
Kiawe:Turtonator
Sophocles: Vikavolt

V.S.

Misty: Mega Gyarados
May:Blaziken
Dawn:Mamoswine
Iris: Dragonite
Serena:Braixen
Bonnie:Oof
Mallow: Tsareena
Lana: Primarina
Lillie:Vulpix (if only this was asked after tomorrow’s episode)

I think the boys win but the girls do give them a run for their money

Last edited:

Kintaro

Banned
Honestly the only "weak" male companion is Tracey since he wasn't a battler. I would have said Brock prior to SM but he's gotten strong. Both Clemont and Cilan were pretty competent battlers.

Kintaro

Banned
I’ve never viewed Brock as “weak.”

Prior to SM, or even DP, he wasn't really that strong. Geodude and Onix don't have many battles, and Vulpix, Crobat and Foretress were virtually never used in battle. Mudkip was of course underused in AG, I guess Ludicolo was decent but by the time it fully evolved it didn't get much screentime till Brock left it behind.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Unless Bonnie uses Zygarde lol. Then it's goodbye to everyone.
The world wasn't meant to see that power used constantly, hence why bonnie will forever be a child and thus never be a trainer.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
RE: May's Glaceon vs Zoey's Leafeon, I honestly think that would have been a great match up for the Wallace Cup if Zoey had had Leafeon back then. I think May would win because of type advantage unless we're meant to believe that Zoey's experience would give her an edge. She did win a Grand Festival after all, so it's possible.

Kintaro

Banned
RE: May's Glaceon vs Zoey's Leafeon, I honestly think that would have been a great match up for the Wallace Cup if Zoey had had Leafeon back then. I think May would win because of type advantage unless we're meant to believe that Zoey's experience would give her an edge. She did win a Grand Festival after all, so it's possible.

I wish the writers debuted Leafeon earlier in DP in general. If I remember correctly we never even saw a Leafeon in a filler episode, it didn't even appear till Zoey's in the Grand Festival, and that was 4 years into DP. They pretty much waited like over 170 episodes or whatever it was just to put it in an episode. I remember thinking how ridiculous that was because back then I wanted to see it in an episode much earlier.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kintaro said:
Buneary vs. Pancham vs. Skitty

Eneco by a mile. I think that Assist by itself would be able to outdo anything that Mimirol and Yancham could pull off, and Eneco always seemed better trained to me than those other two Pokemon.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I don't think May's Skitty could beat Dawn's Buneary. I mean maybe Skitty's Blizzard could probably push back Buneary's Ice Beam, but I always saw Buneary as being an overall better physical attacker since it knows Dizzy Punch.

Kintaro

Banned
It's funny because they also both have ice attacks. Buneary knows Ice beam and Skitty knows Blizzard. Come to think of it I wonder why the writers even gave two normal type pokemon ice attacks. Like Dawn's Piplup could have learned ice beam instead.