• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Anime Versus Thread v4

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Mega Charizard fight.

Alain's Mega Charizard X of the Pokemon Anime vs. Blue's Mega Charizard Y of the Pokemon Adventures manga.

Who do you think would win?

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Let's see how about:

May's Beautifly vs Ash's Charizard

May's Skitty vs. Brock's Steelix (no Mega evo)

May's Munchlax vs Misty's Gyarados (no Mega evo)

Dawn's Togekiss vs Iris's Emolga

Dawn's Piplup vs Serena's Braixen

Iris's Dragonite vs Clemont's Heliolisk

shoz999

Let's see how about:

May's Beautifly vs Ash's Charizard

May's Skitty vs. Brock's Steelix (no Mega evo)

May's Munchlax vs Misty's Gyarados (no Mega evo)

Dawn's Togekiss vs Iris's Emolga

Dawn's Piplup vs Serena's Braixen

Iris's Dragonite vs Clemont's Heliolisk
1. May loses
2. May loses
3. May loses
4. Hmm... not sure.
5. Serena loses.

4 is the only one I'm not sure about.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
1. May loses
2. May loses
3. May loses
4. Hmm... not sure.
5. Serena loses.

4 is the only one I'm not sure about.

Yeah Emolga vs Togekiss is a hard one for me too, which is why I put it there. I figure that both Pokemon are about equal since Togekiss is probably stronger but Emolga has a type advantage, but I was hoping to see what other people thought about that battle.

Hanto

Water Addiction
What about Alola Ash VS Johto Ash (both teams without Pikachu)
1. Cyndaquil VS Meltan
2. Bayleaf VS Lycanroc
3. Torracat VS Heracross
4. Rowlet VS Totodile
5. Poipole VS Phanpy

shoz999

1. Cyndaquil VS Meltan
2. Bayleaf VS Lycanroc
3. Torracat VS Heracross
4. Rowlet VS Totodile
5. Poipole VS Phanpy
Meltan loses
Lycanroc loses
Heracross loses
Draw
Phanpy loses if isn't Donphan.

The fourth one is a draw because the "battle" would most likely devolve into an argument of Rowlet yelling at a happy dancing Totodile.

Kintaro

Banned
If Dawn used Togekiss against Iris' Dragonite in the Junior Cup, do you think she would have won? Or do you think Iris would have still beat her?

Kintaro

Banned
It's too bad togekiss joined Dawn's team so late, didn't we only see it in like 2 battles if I remember right? I don't get what the point of such a late pokemon was, I remember people speculating Ambipom returning beforehand.

I think we never saw it's true power. I also think it's odd Togekiss joined the main cast in general, when previously the entire Togepi line was almost exclusively showcased through Misty up through the Mirage Kingdom eps. It's like the writers purposely gave another girl the fully evolved pokemon of a mascot pokemon previously owned by an older girl for 5 years.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
1. Cyndaquil VS Meltan
2. Bayleaf VS Lycanroc
3. Torracat VS Heracross
4. Rowlet VS Totodile
5. Poipole VS Phanpy

Cyndaquil would totally cream Meltan since he was one of Ash's best Johto battlers, Bayleef and Lycanroc is too close to call, Heracross would thrash Torracat despite type disadvantage, Rowlet always seemed better than Totodile, and that last one could also go either way.

If Dawn used Togekiss against Iris' Dragonite in the Junior Cup, do you think she would have won? Or do you think Iris would have still beat her?

Well I don't think Togekiss would've had any kind of special advantage or trump card to deal with Dragonite, so I think Iris still would've won.

Kintaro

Banned
Well I don't think Togekiss would've had any kind of special advantage or trump card to deal with Dragonite, so I think Iris still would've won.

You're forgetting Togekiss can fly, Mamoswine was of course grounded. I rewatched the Sinnoh GF recently and forgot what an apparent powerhouse Togekiss seemed to be. Granted because Dawn got it so late and we only saw it in like...2 battles, people tend to forget this.

I honestly blame the writers. Some people probably forgot Dawn even had a Togekiss in general, with what it only appearing at the tail-end of DP and not being seen much because most of DP after was about Ash's Sinnoh league where Dawn didn't use any pokemon.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Mega Charizard fight.

Alain's Mega Charizard X of the Pokemon Anime vs. Blue's Mega Charizard Y of the Pokemon Adventures manga.

Who do you think would win?
Hmm, IIRC Blue's MCY was around the same level as Diantha's M.Gardevoir, right? (I'll admit I haven't re-read any of the arcs after the first time I read them, so my mind is pretty fuzzy). If so, then I can see MCY give MCX a run for its money, but IDK who wins here

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Alain's Charizard vs Blue's Charizard would've been so epic to see animated if both characters had existed in the same universe lol. I think Alain would have an advantage because his Mega Charizard seemed like it could take a bullet to the face and still keep battling.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Haxorus. That isn't even a contest. That's a one-sided massacre.
We all know Axew will asspull a move, knock Haxorus to the floor, and then never use said move again