• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Anime Versus Thread v4

Leonhart

Imagineer
TheCrazyMaster said:
How about Lysandre's Mega Gyarados vs Steven's Mega Metagross?

Daigo's Mega Metagross is probably stronger just based on the fact that Daigo's a Champion. Not to demean Fuladari's battle potential or anything, because I was impressed that his Mega Gyarados managed to hold off so many strong Pokemon including Pachira's Mega Hellgar, and had to be taken down by three powerful Pokemon.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Actually nope, Pikachu defeated Tapu Koko who used a Z-move like Guardian Of Alola, that pretty much seals the deal. Guardian Of Alola was used by the combined strength of 4 Tapus together (all the 3 other Tapus gave their energy to Tapu Koko & Guardian Of Alola was used via that combined strength as a whole....which means Pikachu had to best the strength of 4 Tapus combined to win the battle. Latios could be stronger than Tapu Koko in general but there's no way it's stronger (or even close to being that) than 4 Tapus combined together, a.k.a. when Guardian Of Alola is factored into play. Power scaling wise defeating a Guardian deity who used a Z-moves that was formed by the combined strength of freaking 4 Tapus is an insane feat, there's no way to deny & the Latios feat (which was still amazing beyond doubt) doesn't really match up to that one.

SM Peakachu with 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt > DP Peakachu > SM Peakachu in base, that's more or less how it goes IMO.
I wasn't denying the Tapus strength is something worth noticing especially when something can overpower it nor was I implying Latios was stronger than it. I was saying compared to the likes of something like Mewtwo or the creation trio, it's not as strong. I wasn't even comparing Pikachu itself. I was more disagreeing with the notion that this is the best a Pokémon could do regardless of how near impossible it sounds.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Daigo's Mega Metagross is probably stronger just based on the fact that Daigo's a Champion. Not to demean Fuladari's battle potential or anything, because I was impressed that his Mega Gyarados managed to hold off so many strong Pokemon including Pachira's Mega Hellgar, and had to be taken down by three powerful Pokemon.
It'd be close, regardless of who wins.

Kukui vs Alain 4v4
Weavile/Unfezant/Bisharp/Tyranitar vs Braviary/Venusaur/Empoleon/Lucario

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I wasn't denying the Tapus strength is something worth noticing especially when something can overpower it nor was I implying Latios was stronger than it. I was saying compared to the likes of something like Mewtwo or the creation trio, it's not as strong. I wasn't even comparing Pikachu itself. I was more disagreeing with the notion that this is the best a Pokémon could do regardless of how near impossible it sounds.

Yeah, sure but no trainer Pokemon is possibly defeating a member of the Creation Trio (the Creation Trio & Arceus are in the highest tier of strength in the Pokemon world, not much doubt about that based on how the anime has portrayed them in the DP movie trilogy) so that's pretty much irrelevant. For Mewtwo, that only happened once, that too in the Pokemon origins with Red's Mega Charizard X doing it.....and it's pretty debatable whether the origins power levels are comparable to the anime power levels so it's tricky to count that one. Regardless, unless someone manages to take down a higher echleon legendary like Groudon, Kyogre, Xerneas, Yveltal, etc. Pikachu's feat vs Tapu Koko remains at the very least close to being the best one accomplished by a non E4/Champion trainer Pokemon till that point.

Kukui vs Alain 4v4
Weavile/Unfezant/Bisharp/Tyranitar vs Braviary/Venusaur/Empoleon/Lucario

Alain probably wins because of Bisharp. All those Pokemon of Kukui gave the impression of being decently strong but nothing spectacular to take out 2 decent Pokemon in a row (they mostly beat 1 Pokemon & got promptly defeated by the next Pokemon) which Alain's Bisharp did, so Alain's has the edge here IMO.

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion
Ash’s Oshawott vs Kiawe’s Marowak
two headstrong Pokemon who take pride in their ‘weapons’

Paul’s Urasring vs Ash’s Snorlax
two bulky normal types that have proven they can take hits

Ash Swellow vs Paul’s Honchkrow
Both excellent Flying Types with lots of skill

Lana’s Primarina vs Hau’s Decidueye
Just for the Alolan Starter Pokemon battle I guess. Plus both trainers got knocked out in the same round of the Alola League.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer

Just for the Alolan Starter Pokemon battle I guess. Plus both trainers got knocked out in the same round of the Alola League.

kiawe's marowak
Ash's Snorlax considering chimchar defeated ursaring
ash swellow considering ash staraptor got the best of his honchkrow
ill go with decidueye

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

1.Oshawut ( Marowak)
2.Ursula (Snorlax)
3.Ash-Swellow (Swellow)
4.Lana's Primadonna

Last edited:

CMButch

Why would oshawott win? It was pathetic after the first year of BW and jobbed a lot meanwhile marowak was shown to be competent and got victories. I know type matchups isn't the answer coz you don't factor those normally while answering these.
Didn't you see Oshawat in a battle? That guy can destroy anyone. His Razor shell is super OP.

RafaSceptile

Kiawe's Marowak
Ash's Snorlax
Ash's Swellow
Lana's Primarina

Conway's Sinnoh League team (Dusknoir, Lickilicky, Shuckle) vs Ash's team that Conway prepared his team for (Infernape, Torterra, Glalie).

Ash's team by 3-1

DatsRight

Why would oshawott win? It was pathetic after the first year of BW and jobbed a lot meanwhile marowak was shown to be competent and got victories. I know type matchups isn't the answer coz you don't factor those normally while answering these.

Marowak still goofed off a few times (eg. getting swatted away easily by Zweilous after getting caught up in Rykui's music) and had a similar 'blowhard who picked on stronger Pokemon' personality. His fighting spirit was arguably far more pronounced and he knows a Z Move, but of course Oshawott has type advantage so I think it would be a close call, likely depending on who's turn it was to be comic relief.

TheCrazyMaster

How about this:
Ash's Charizard vs Ash's Infernape
Ash's Charizard vs Ash's Sceptile
Ash's Sceptile vs Ash's Infernape
BUUUUUUT all of their attacks deal neutral damage regardless of typing, but moves of the same type still get STAB boosts and ability enhancements like blaze still apply.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TheCrazyMaster said:
How about this:
BUUUUUUT all of their attacks deal neutral damage regardless of typing, but moves of the same type still get STAB boosts and ability enhancements like blaze still apply.

Considering how inconsistent the anime is with damage calculation, I hardly ever consider type advantages when I think about hypothetical battle outcomes, anyway. But I think that if Abilities are fair play, then Goukazaru would probably win against Lizardon and Jukain.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Conway's Sinnoh League team (Dusknoir, Lickilicky, Shuckle) vs Ash's team that Conway prepared his team for (Infernape, Torterra, Glalie).

If Conway would use his Trick Room strategy then Torterra might stand a chance at getting a win lol. Infernape wouldn't be as great since his speed would be affected... unless he'd win with a Blaze power up but that would feel cheap.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Crasher Wake's Quagsire from Pokemon Adventures vs. Ash's Snorlax from the anime in a wrestling contest.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
How about this:
Charizard overall has the advantage type out of the three but we very well know thay isn't a big deal. He's supposed to to have gotten much stronger as well in BW. Blazernape is hella strong but I wonder whether or not is it capable of even beating an average legendary Pokemon. I'd personally go with Sceptile.

Conway vs Gary (3 vs 3)
Clair vs Roxie (3 vs 3)
Paul vs Gladio (4 vs 4)

Cameron vs Brandon (5 vs 4)
-Brandon can use only 1 Regi
-Cameron can use 5 Pokémon

Flint Infernape vs Tobias Darkrai
Katie vs Ritchie(6 vs 6)
Iris vs Bianca ( 3 vs 3)
Tierno vs Stephan (3 vs 3)

CMButch