• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Anime Versus Thread v4

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Gladion can use Fire memory to counter bug type, even if Golisopod is water type Torracat was able to bring him down below 50% while Silvally is far bigger threat.

Gladion use Fighting type against Ash probably because he is 100% sure that Ash is going to use Lycanroc too while Rowlet is immune to ground type move and who know if Ash had something else like how he pull out Melmetal which was big surprise.
Rowlet also resists Fighting while Ground would be SE against Melmetal, Pikachu (immunity outside quick attack), Torracat and Lycanroc. Rowlet was Ash's weakest Alola mon and Gladion Has both Umbreon and Zoroark having type advantage against it.
It was clear plot Armor on Ash's side.

Pokemonfan5

Rowlet also resists Fighting while Ground would be SE against Melmetal, Pikachu (immunity outside quick attack), Torracat and Lycanroc. Rowlet was Ash's weakest Alola mon and Gladion Has both Umbreon and Zoroark having type advantage against it.
It was clear plot Armor on Ash's side.
Like I said Gladion don't know which Pokemon Ash will use beside Lycanroc, Ash bring out Melmetal the Pokemon that Gladion know nothing about even Kukui who is professor so Gladion go with fighting type memory which can counter Lycanroc too, also what type advantage Zoroark and Umbreon had?

It won't change anything if Gladion use Ground type memory because Pikachu take zero hit from Silvally, Melmetal exhausted Silvally enough for Pikachu to OHKO him.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Like I said Gladion don't know which Pokemon Ash will use beside Lycanroc, Ash bring out Melmetal the Pokemon that Gladion know nothing about even Kukui who is professor so Gladion go with fighting type memory which can counter Lycanroc too, also what type advantage Zoroark and Umbreon had?

It won't change anything if Gladion use Ground type memory because Pikachu take zero hit from Silvally, Melmetal exhausted Silvally enough for Pikachu to OHKO him.
Pikachu used Electroweb, something he wouldn't affect Ground memory.

Also, Ground momemory would give him advantage against Torracat and Pikachu,, something Fighting does not give him.

I don't see a single argument why Fighting was a better choice than Ground.

Pokemonfan5

Gladion don't know about all of Ash Pokemons, Ash can bring new one like Melmetal which Gladion is completely unaware of like Gladion did with Zoroark, after Sinnoh league we didn't see league participants registering their Pokemons or checking their opponents Pokemons on computer.

Also ground type memory won't change the outcome as Pikachu take zero hit from Silvally.

RafaSceptile

Guzma's Golisopod and Scizor vs:
Hala's Hariyama and Crabominable
Olivia's Probopass and Lycanroc
Nanu's Krookodile, Sableye and Persian
Hapu's Golurk and Mudsdale
Ilmia's Kangaskhan and Eevee
Kiawe's Turtanator and Marowak/Charizard (which you consider stronger)
Gladion's Lycanroc and Zoroark
Gladion's top 2 Pokemon (Silvally and Zoroark/Lycanroc?)
Kukui's 2 weakest Pokemon (Mark who you chosen)
Kukui's 3rd and 4th strongest (not Incineroar and not Tapu Koko)
Guzma
Guzma
Nanu
Guzma
Guzma
Guzma
Gladion
Gladion
Guzma
Kukui

RafaSceptile

I was not really impressed by Empoleon, TBH. I see him as stronger than Lucario but below Braviary and Venusaur.
I ranked Empoleon as the 2nd mainly because even at disadvantage to be slower than Pikachu, it had a very good battle against him, at the point that Ash needed to swap Pikachu with Melmetal in order to win the battle. But Empoleon is swappable with Braviary if You want.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Whoa thought Kukui would have a chance. I'm too optimistic I guess.
After all Tobias did have a full team of legendaries it's just that we don't know them.