• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Anime Versus Thread v4

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure

DayQuil95

Journeys Ash-Greninja vs Ash's Mega Lucario (M8)
I'd say both Greninja and Lucario are roughly equal at this point, Lucario grew immensely since his battle with Greninja, getting much stronger in the very same episode, in the battle against Raihan, and later breaking his limits in Masters 8 by beating Cynthia's D-Max Togekiss and Garchomp consecutively.

Greninja has:
- Speed
- Superior Double Team
- Faster moves
- Finishing Water Shuriken

Lucario has:
- Durability
- Power
- Stronger moves
- G-Max Aura Sphere

So I'd say it's 50/50, but I'd lean more to Lucario's side thanks to how much punishment he has taken through his battles, from getting practically obliterated against Cynthia and Bea, to only going down after a very strategic play from Leon, the strongest trainer in the world, by using a super-effective attack against it.

I don't see Greninja outlasting Lucario, but with his superior speed, he could definitely find openings in Lucario to the point he could hit some well-landed moves that could put down the jackal for the count, as he did against Mega Abomasnow and Mega Sceptile. So overall I'd say it's a 50/50, with maybe Lucario having a slight edge over Greninja due to his superior firepower.

Journeys Ash-Greninja vs Ash's Mega Lucario (M8)
Mega Lucario no contest. Ash-Greninja has no feats that can even compare and it lost in 4 hits to a Pokémon that was easily destroyed by Leon’s Zard. Meanwhile Lucario defeats Togekiss and Cynthia’s Garchomp IN THE SAME BATTLE.
I still think Lucario is over Greninja even though Greninja beat his ass. That was because Lucario was out of sync.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Gary vs Paul would be interesting.

Krackochu

I'd say both Greninja and Lucario are roughly equal at this point, Lucario grew immensely since his battle with Greninja, getting much stronger in the very same episode, in the battle against Raihan, and later breaking his limits in Masters 8 by beating Cynthia's D-Max Togekiss and Garchomp consecutively.

Greninja has:
- Speed
- Superior Double Team
- Faster moves
- Finishing Water Shuriken

Lucario has:
- Durability
- Power
- Stronger moves
- G-Max Aura Sphere

So I'd say it's 50/50, but I'd lean more to Lucario's side thanks to how much punishment he has taken through his battles, from getting practically obliterated against Cynthia and Bea, to only going down after a very strategic play from Leon, the strongest trainer in the world, by using a super-effective attack against it.

I don't see Greninja outlasting Lucario, but with his superior speed, he could definitely find openings in Lucario to the point he could hit some well-landed moves that could put down the jackal for the count, as he did against Mega Abomasnow and Mega Sceptile. So overall I'd say it's a 50/50, with maybe Lucario having a slight edge over Greninja due to his superior firepower.
Lucarios durability basically outlasts greninja altogether.

Lucarios durability basically outlasts greninja altogether.
Shouldn’t be like that. Greninja should be durable. That’s what makes a winner

Idk but, according to the logic of Journeys..

Dragapult > Mega Lucario
Alain Zard Base > Rillaboom
Rillaboom = Dragapult
Ash-Greninja AT LEAST = Alain Zard Base

So...

Ash Greninja≥ BaseZard > Mega Lucario
Ash-Greninja lost to Alain Zard 3 times he would lose to it in base form

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Assuming Leon allowed Ash only to use 1 gimmick how far do you think he would get?

1. If he only G-maxes Gengar
2. If he only Mega evolves Lucario
3. If he only can have Pikachu use it's Z-move?

Would he beat more than 2 of Leon Pokemon?

OK but it isn't anywhere near as durable. AG also has a weakness which is its connected to Ash so ash is also being damaged and honestly nobody ever mentions that. Meaning overall less durability.
They need to fix that

Poke'fan68

Leon's Rillaboom vs Inteleon vs Mr. Rime vs Dragapult
Which one of Leon's Pokemon comes out on top?

Ash's Sirfetch'd vs Ash's Lucario (no mega)

Leon's Rillaboom vs Inteleon vs Mr. Rime vs Dragapult
Which one of Leon's Pokemon comes out on top?

Ash's Sirfetch'd vs Ash's Lucario (no mega)
Rillaboom
Sirfetch’d

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Paul
Ninjask
Ursaring
Weavile
Hariyama
Gyarados
Torterra

Vs

Sawyer
Slurpuff
Aegislash
Slaking
Salamence
Clawitzer
Sceptile (Mega)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Paul
Gliscor
Magmortar
Froslass
Electivire
Garchomp

Vs

Iris
Excadrill
Gible
Dragonite
Haxorus
Emolga

This is why Ash-Greninja is a joke. Like this person states, it has never won back-to-back battles. Clearly Lucario is stronger. Heck this is why anyone saying that AG is top 5 in power is laughable. The entire JN team, Sceptile, Charizard, Snorlax, Incineroar, Ash’s Alola Legends, Infernape, and of course Pikachu are all stronger. Heck I could even put Swellow and Torterra as stronger than Greninja.