• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Anime Versus Thread v4

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Hoenn League Ash vs Johto league ash
Unova league Ash vs Hoen league Ash
What pokemon are Johto League Ash and Unova League Ash using in this matchup?

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
My personal headcanon is that Ash brought increasingly better regional league teams per conference, barring BW/Unova.

So the Alola team > Kalos team > Sinnoh team > Hoenn team > Johto team > Kanto team. This would correspond to his better placements.

HOWEVER, the Kanto and Hoenn teams got better after their league conferences.

The Pokémon on these two squads levelled up even further during the Battle Frontier, and Sceptile went on to defeat Tobias' Darkrai. Hence, the two regional teams are arguably better than the Alola team as it stands now.

Of course, the JN team beats everyone.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
My personal headcanon is that Ash brought increasingly better regional league teams per conference, barring BW/Unova.

So the Alola team > Kalos team > Sinnoh team > Hoenn team > Johto team > Kanto team. This would correspond to his better placements.

HOWEVER, the Kanto and Hoenn teams got better after their league conferences.

The Pokémon on these two squads levelled up even further during the Battle Frontier, and Sceptile went on to defeat Tobias' Darkrai. Hence, the two regional teams are arguably better than the Alola team as it stands now.

Of course, the JN team beats everyone.
So you think *currently* the scale is JN > Hoenn > Kanto > Alola >Kalos>Sinnoh>Johto then? Idk where you'd put Unova yet

JN>Alola>Hoenn>Sinnoh>Kalos>Johto>Unova>Kanto

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Ash's Charizard(AG) vs Paul's Torterra(DP)
Ash's Charizard(BW) vs Alain's Charizard Base form(XY)

Ash-Greninja one shot a Mega Altaria that it is weak to but lost to a Mega Charizard X that it is neutral to and lost to a move that it resists lmao
Oh yeah and MCX has like 85 SPD Mega Altaria has 111. There defense stats are about the same

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Ash's Charizard(AG) vs Paul's Torterra(DP)
Charizard with very hard difficulty, but tbh outside of Charizard,PEAKachu and maybe Sceptile none of Ash's other pokemon at the time were worthy of flat out defeating Paul's Torterra in a 1 on 1.

But also if you want to go with the narrative that since Paul's Torterra was only shown on screen defeating fodder level pokemon then Ash's Bulbasaur or Swellow should be capable of tying or defeating it in a 1 on 1 matchup.
Ash's Charizard(BW) vs Alain's Charizard Base form(XY)
Alain's Charizard with easy-mid difficulty

Ash's Charizard logically should be stronger than it was back in late AG,each time it returned from Charicific Valley it learned new moves and got stronger for the most part.

Had N let the battle continue between Charizard and Iris's Dragonite then Charizard clearly would've came out the victor in the same fashion against Trip's Serperior/Cameron's Lucario had Ash decided to use it at the Unova League.It's still a shame it didn't get to face that Reshiram because that would've been the perfect opportunity to show how much it improved post AG.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
So you think *currently* the scale is JN > Hoenn > Kanto > Alola >Kalos>Sinnoh>Johto then? Idk where you'd put Unova yet

I have my own personal tier list of Ash's Pokemon. Based on that list, if I averaged out the best six Pokemon from each region (some regions only had 5 new captures), then it'd be:

Journeys > Kanto/Orange Islands > Hoenn >/~ Alola > Kalos > Sinnoh > Johto > Unova.

Battle Frontier really boosted the Kanto and Hoenn squads. I think the Kanto/Orange Islands team of OG Gang of Four + Snorlax + Kingler/Tauros ended up quite formidable. Charizard earned his legendary win, and the Gang of Four helped Ash earn his greatest victory to date by defeating the strongest Frontier Brain, to the extent that it later caused Paul to start respecting Ash after he pulled off a feat that Paul could not (though to be fair, Paul had to face all three Regis in that battle).

However, as I've said above, when it came time for the leagues, then my headcanon is that Ash brought increasingly better teams barring BW. So Masters 8 team > Manalo team > Lumiose team > Lily of the Valley team > Ever Grande team > Silver team > Orange team > Indigo Plateau team.

I'd place a BW team of Pikachu, Krookodile, Pignite, Leavanny, Palpitoad, and Unfezant on par with the Silver team, maybe just below it.

Alain's Charizard with easy-mid difficulty

I just don't think we have a clear answer. Legendaries in the anime are treated like demigods, and Ash's Charizard took down one that was receiving commands from a powerful Frontier Brain. The hallowed respect Ash's Charizard was getting in BW clearly showed that he was way more powerful than Iris' Dragonite.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Last edited:

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Battle Frontier really boosted the Kanto and Hoenn squads. I think the Kanto/Orange Islands team of OG Gang of Four + Snorlax + Kingler/Tauros ended up quite formidable. Charizard earned his legendary win, and the Gang of Four helped Ash earn his greatest victory to date by defeating the strongest Frontier Brain, to the extent that it later caused Paul to start respecting Ash after he pulled off a feat that Paul could not (though to be fair, Paul had to face all three Regis in that battle).
I'm pretty sure Paul would've sh*t his pants (slight exaggeration) if he had to face Ash's biggest heavy hitters (Charizard/Sceptile/Snorlax) at Lake Acuity as Brock told Reggie that Pikachu was the only pokemon he brought to the Sinnoh region.

Paul would've had the same reaction he had when he found out that Ash beat Brandon and the reaction he had when he saw Ash's Pikachu get back up in the gym battle against Roark.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So I'm trying to rank Ash's Fighting types strongest to weakest and how big is the gap.

So how do you see the below fight turning out:
1. Ash base Lucario vs Sirfetch'd
2. JN Infernape vs Sirfetch'd
3. JN Infernape vs Base Lucario
4. Infernape (both DP and JN) vs Hawlucha
5. Hawlucha vs Base Lucario
6. Hawlucha vs Pignite
7. Pignite vs Heracross (both Johto and DP)
8. Hawlucha vs DP Heracross
9. Hawlucha vs Scraggy
10. Scraggy vs Pignite
11. Johto Heracross vs Scraggy
12. OS series Primeape vs Scraggy
13. OS Primeape vs Johto saga Heracross
14. OS Primeape vs Pignite
15. Weakest Pair to beat Mega Lucario
16. Your overall ranking of all 8