• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Apples to Apples (v.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I thought you needed to vote for Pokémon and not pictures xD.
Yeah, I'm calling shenanigans, grotle wasn't even in that picture!

At least yumenokage posted an actual pokémon this time.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
Let's do a sort round (because I want to continue the holiday theme but also want to do other ones). The ones you can choose from are

exasperating whether it be the ridiculous designs and puns that make you facepalm, or because they're super annoying to run into in the wild or on someone else's team.

charitable 'tis the season for giving, right?

pitiful some 'mons you just have to feel sorry for, for multiple reasons

jolly ho ho ho

dark because the winter solstice is part of winter too. Plus there's all the fun, rather disturbing pokemon entries that make you wonder that it's a kid's game. Besides, every Santa Claus needs their Krampus, right? (He's still not nearly as creepy as the elf on the shelf, if you've heard of that. So glad my parents never did that.)

grateful I'm curious what someone would do with this, but mainly just wanted to include some non-christmas related holiday adjectives

Venyos10

join the void. it's comfy here and we're all gay
Funny!
Can I join your "ESTEEMED" game?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Bellsprout is pretty damn dark when you think about it. It ensnares poor bugs with its vines and DEVOURS them whole with its evil mouth. It's also said to be some ancient mandrake plant which is said to scream and kill anyone who hears its voice. Last, but not least, it slams Bulbasaur to the ground back and forth.

Think of the precious little bugs that have to hide from this monster, yumenokage. ;_;

Last edited:

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
Sorry but if I may still play

I would take pity on poor Muk.
What if they're like separated and can't have anyone to be with during Christmas time.
It would be hard for them to spend it with non Muk / Grimers because they stink so much, the poor things.

Tangeh

I will play Yveltal for dark. Yveltal is the Grinch of the pokemon world. Steals everyone's life forces then hides away! Can't get more dark than absorbing the life force of living creatures... not to mention it is a legendary dark type.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I play Feebas for exasperating. Catching it and THEN trying to make it evolve in Gen 3 and 4 is a total nightmare! I don't even know which was worse: The six spots changing randomly when you make up a new Trendy Phrase or the spots changing every single day!

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
And the winner is... Captain Jigglypuff with Feebas for exasperating! I didn't really play the original 3rd gen, and didn't ever get to feebas in 4th gen, but I remember hearing about the whole thing and thinking, "I like milotic, but this just ain't happening" with the whole evolution process, not to mention having to put in all the effort to search it out. I mean, the thing's supposed to be sort of like magikarp 2.0; why is it so much more difficult?!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
New word is Qustionable! Just give me a Pokémon that just seems wrong whether it's for its look or any implications the Pokedex gives.

Nothingjustgo.

Yanmega's entry says
"This six-legged Pokémon is easily capable of transporting an adult in flight. The wings on its tail help it stay balanced."

HOW CAN THAT THING CARRY AN ADULT!?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Why does Whiscash smile all of the time but yet still causes earthquakes when someone enters its territory? Isn't it supposed to be happy all of the time if it keeps a smile like that for a while? Or does it enjoy the destruction it brings to other's houses and other structures?

Why, Whiscash? Why?

And I guess you could question why it was introduced the same generation Swampert came as well as the rejected-but-later-revived Gastrodon in terms of usefulness.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
Palpitoad,Why does it have those jiggly mig jig thingys on it. I think it would just look very questionable if it started dancing like a human would.

Status
Not open for further replies.