• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Apples to Apples (v.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Voting Poliwrath, Walrein, Avalugg, Exploud, Chesnaught, Emboar, Feraligatr and Nidoking.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
haha maybe I should change my red block vote to poliwrath, since samurott, the other of the pokemon I put in, isn't getting any votes. ;P I thought samurott would be more likely to win as I associate "burly" with manly body hair, even if it's not technically in the definition, and samurott's got that glorious mustache going on. Either way, it seems like avalugg is looking to win that block, though, so I don't know that it would matter. :p

Last edited:

Tangeh

I vote for: Poliwrath, Golett, Avalugg, Exploud, Chesnaught, Mega Aggron, Feraligatr, Rhyperior.

Left to Vote:
DracosWulfgar
fongerman
octoboy
yumenokage

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
I vote for: Poliwrath, Golett, Avalugg, Exploud, Chesnaught, Mega Aggron, Feraligatr, Rhyperior.

Left to Vote:
DracosWulfgar
fongerman
octoboy
yumenokage

I've already voted, so I'm taking myself off that list.

Left to Vote:
DracosWulfgar
fongerman
octoboy

however, if I can I'm changing my red block vote to poliwrath.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
I am voting Sealeo and Lairon and Archeops if thats okay.
I dont understand the block thing, but you can cross me of the list, also I would like to toss my remaining pokemon away so I can start fresh in the next round.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
I am voting Sealeo and Lairon and Archeops if thats okay.
I dont understand the block thing, but you can cross me of the list, also I would like to toss my remaining pokemon away so I can start fresh in the next round.

you vote once for each block. the pokemon for each block are already chosen, and you must choose out of them.

For reference, here are the blocks:

Block Red:
Avalugg (Monster Guy)
N/A
Samurott (yumenokage)
Poliwrath (yumenokage)

Block Blue:
Golett (KungFuMaster)
N/A
Walrein (KugFuMaster)
N/A

Block Green:
Ambipom (Nothingjustgo.)
N/A
Avalugg (Tangeh)
Excadrill (Dragalge)

Block Yellow:
Unfezant (Nothingjustgo.)
N/A
Zygarde (Crimson Penguin)
Exploud (Dragalge)

Block Gold:
Chesnaught (Monster Guy)
N/A
Skarmory (Tangeh)
Mega Charizard Y (kawaiiconcept)

Block Silver:
Mega Aggron KungFuMaster)
N/A
Emboar (Crimson Penguin)
N/A

Block Crystal:
Slaking (Monster Guy)
N/A
Feraligatr (Tangeh)
Clawitzer (fongerman)

Block Ruby:
Rhyperior (Captain Jigglypuff)
N/A
Nidoking (Crimson Penguin)
N/A

Nothingjustgo.

also I would like to toss my remaining pokemon away so I can start fresh in the next round.

No can do, sorry.

Anyway we are just waiting on fongerman and DracosWulfgar (who needs to vote the blocks) to vote I believe. Thanks for explaining it yumen

Block Red
Avalugg: 4
Poliwrath: 4

Block Blue
Walrein: 7
Golett: 1

Block Green
Avalugg: 6
Ambipom: 1
Excadrill: 1

Block Yellow
Exploud: 5
Unfezant: 1

Block Gold
Chesnaught: 7
Mega Charizard Y: 1

Block Silver
Mega Aggron: 5
Emboar: 3

Block Crystal
Slaking: 5
Feraligatr: 2
Clawitzer: 1

Block Ruby
Rhyperior: 7
Nidoking: 2[/size][/font]

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I've always thought it made no sense that acid based damaging moves have no effect on Steel Pokémon. I know not all metals are affected by every type of acid but they can't all have the same type of metal in their bodies. Bronzor and Bronzong are bronze, Steelix and the Magnemite line are clearly made of steel, and Registeel has been clearly stated to be made from an unknown type of metal so moves like Acid and Acid Spray could harm any of these Pokémon.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
I've always thought it made no sense that acid based damaging moves have no effect on Steel Pokémon. I know not all metals are affected by every type of acid but they can't all have the same type of metal in their bodies. Bronzor and Bronzong are bronze, Steelix and the Magnemite line are clearly made of steel, and Registeel has been clearly stated to be made from an unknown type of metal so moves like Acid and Acid Spray could harm any of these Pokémon.

Don't ask questions by that. Pokémon physics are ridiculous. You have to think about the weakness of fire of steel-types even though most of the metals only melt at 1000 Celsius.
It's even easier to make a normal type burn than a steel one. And why is Eartquake a physical move if you don't even touch the opponent? And can you explain why Surf has 90 damage and Brick Break 75 while you know you will feel more pain if someone uses Brick Break on you? Why Growlithe can't learn Growl?

Believe me but there's no explanation for this. It's just something in Pokémon and we shoudl accept that :p

BTW what has this to do with the game Apples to apples?

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
No can do, sorry.Anyway we are just waiting on fongerman and DracosWulfgar (who needs to vote the blocks) to vote I believe. Thanks for explaining it yumenBlock RedAvalugg: 4Poliwrath: 4Block BlueWalrein: 7Golett: 1Block GreenAvalugg: 6Ambipom: 1Excadrill: 1Block YellowExploud: 5Unfezant: 1Block GoldChesnaught: 7Mega Charizard Y: 1Block SilverMega Aggron: 5Emboar: 3Block CrystalSlaking: 5Feraligatr: 2Clawitzer: 1Block RubyRhyperior: 7Nidoking: 2[/size][/font]
Sorry didn't know and my votes are Poliwrath, Walrein, Avalugg, Exploud, Chesnaught, Emboar, Slaking, and Nidoking.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
Thanks for explaining it yumen

btw, "yumen" is a really unnatural abbreviation of my username, although if you want to use it I don't mind as it reminds me of a friend from another forum who knew it was unnatural but purposely used it to mess with me ^_^

[/start random language and linguistic trivia]
You see, my username is a romanization of 夢の影, which means "shadow of a dream" or "dream shadow" in Japanese, which I study. The way this breaks up is 夢(ゆめ)(yume) (you-may) (dream) / の (no) (a grammatical particle linking 夢 to 影) / 影(かげ)(kage) (kah-gay). The Japanese language is syllabaic, meaning that the basic unit is a syllable (or, if you want to be more technical, in this case a mora, but they're more or less the same thing). There aren't really any consonant clusters (ie. "str"), unless you count the syllabaic nasal (think "n"), and this is reflected in their writing system, with each phonemic (sound-based) character (as opposed to kanji, which are meaning-based. Everything can technically be written in their phonemic "alphabet", though mature writing will generally have kanji substituted for parts, although not all, of it) representing either a vowel or a consonant followed by a vowel (ie. か"ka", と"to", す"su", or ぎ"gi"). In this case, shortening yumenokage to yumen thus breaks up not only a "word" (technically it'd just be a bound morpheme, but that's besides the point), but a "letter", の(no). Breaking it up thus would imply it was written as ゆめんおかげ (yumen'okage) instead of ゆめのかげ (yumenokage), which would actually be pronounced differently as well as being nonsensical. So, yume or kage would be a more natural shortening. Or, if you want to get fancy, you could go yumeko (夢子)or kageko (かげこ), using the common female name ending ko (子)meaning child, or attatch a japanese suffix like -chan (ちゃん)to either word or the first syllable yu to form something like yume-chan, kage-chan, or yu-chan.

[/end random language and linguistic trivia]

I'm generally actually pretty quiet in real life, although if you get me talking on a few different subjects I can really talk your ear off...

Anyways, back on topic, I suppose it's time to start the next round? Although, if I'm not mistaken emboar is now tied with mega aggron with these last votes. What happens with ties?

Nothingjustgo.

Alright yumen, duly noted!

BTW sorry for the delay, I went to see Doctor Strange which was AMAZING.

Final Tally:

Block Red
Poliwrath: 7
Avalugg: 3

Block Blue
Walrein: 8
Golett: 1

Block Green
Avalugg: 7
Ambipom: 1
Excadrill: 1

Block Yellow
Exploud: 5
Unfezant: 1

Block Gold
Chesnaught: 8
Mega Charizard Y: 1

Block Silver
Emboar: 6
Mega Aggron: 4

Block Crystal
Slaking: 6
Feraligatr: 2
Clawitzer: 2

Block Ruby
Rhyperior: 7
Nidoking: 3.

And with that, Nothingjustgo. and fongerman have been completely eliminated from the tournament. Everyone else still has a shot

For our next segment, we're just gonna keep it simple with 1 v 1s.

Block Sapphire:
Poliwrath (yumenokage) VS Walrein (KungFuMaster)

Block Emerald:
Avalugg (Tangeh) VS Exploud (Dragalge)

Block Diamond:
Chesnaught (Monster Guy) VS Emboar (Crimson Penguin)

Block Pearl:
Slaking (Monster Guy) VS Rhyperior (Captain Jigglypuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.