• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Ash tried to catch

MattySadler

Pokémon Ash tried to catch

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place, I'm sure somebody will move it for me if so...

Anyway, in the XY Pokémon Speculation thread, I notice a lot of people commenting on Ash to capture a Dunsparce on two occasions, and it got me thinking. It might be good for us to try and list all of the Pokemon Ash has unsuccessfully attempted to catch.

I'll start with a few I can remember right away:

EP001: Ash tried to capture a Pidgey and possibly a Rattata as well (the Rattata may have just eaten food from his bad though, I can't remember).

EP004: Ash was about to capture a Weedle until Samurai arrived and distracted him, allowing Weedle to escape.

EP081: Ash unsuccessfully tried to catch the Spearow that attacked him in EP001, which had evolved into Fearow.

EP097: Ash attempted to capture another Caterpie, but was pulled away by Misty.

Any you can remember?

Last edited:

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Deerling, in BW 002.

World Turtle

He offered to catch Magnemite in the episode he caught Muk.

He tried to catch Rhyhorn, but was intercepted by Tauros in the Safari Zone.

Rovian

Kodoku no Koori
Scyther - In the "Tracey gets bugged" episode, he fails and Tracy catches it instead.

Snorlax - One that blocked a river and Ash learned later on it belongs to an old man with a pokeflute.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
BW056: Both Ash and Iris each try to capture a Deino from a Day Care but unsuccessful since they already have trainers.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
He did try to catch a Dodrio in EP047/A Chansey Operation. It was when he was working to help Dr. Proctor tend to a bunch of sick pokemon and he was battling Dodrio so it would stop attacking them. He then went into full trainer mode and he was about to catch it until Brock stopped him

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Quite a few ...

Ash's general greeting to Pokemon he notices are alone seems to be to try and beat them up/catch them.

Gastly in " The Ghost at Maiden's Peak ". Defeated.

Hitmonchan in " The Punchy Pokemon ". Already owned/defeated.

Magnemite in " Sparks Fly for Magnemite ". It floats away.

Tauros in " The Flame Pokemon-a-thon ". Interference.

Rhyhorn in " The Legend of Dratini ". He catches a Tauros instead.

Ditto in " Ditto's Mysterious Mansion ". Already owned.

Eevee in " The Battling Eevee Brothers ". Already owned.

Snorlax in " Wake Up, Snorlax ". Already owned.

Mimey in " It's Mr. Mime Time ". Brock interferes.

Jynx in " Holiday Hi-Jynx ". Already owned.

Donphan in " Roll on, Pokemon ". Already owned.

HootHoot in " Illusion Confusion ". Already owned.

Houndour in " Hour of the Houndour ". Escapes.

Weedle in " The Bug Stops Here ". Interference.

Dratini in " Beauty is Skin Deep ". Already owned.

Buneary in " Setting the World on its Buneary ". Lets Dawn try first.

Buizel in " Buizel Your Way Out of This ". Defeated.

Dunsparce in " The Path that Leads to Goodbye ". Interference.

[spoil]Dunsparce (again) in the Vow Tree episode. Didn't have any Pokeballs.[/spoil]

I say Meloetta when she challenged him, but that's debatable.

STICKTOPIA

Ash tried to capture the first pidove but the flock attacked him and Pikachu. It flew away afterwards.

PanpourHoopa

Skrelp in xy