• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Australia Club V3

What state do you live in?

• Victoria

Votes: 68 28.6%
  • Queensland

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • New South Wales

Votes: 75 31.5%
  • Western Australia

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Southern Australia

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • Tasmania

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • ACT

Votes: 9 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Panda

恭喜發財
Octopodes is the correct form, not to be pedantic - octopuses is semi-correct, english adaptation, while octopi is completely incorrect. It's Octopus, octopodis m. in latin, therefore 3rd declension, therefore the plural is octopodes - it's not second declension.

Slick

Banned
WTF is pikmin?????!!!!!!?????

Still ROFLing.

aussiefan shut up you...you accident...mistake you should never have come here in the first place

Lol, that's something a grade two child says.

''Now to shoot some tiny hoops in my room''

You into nba slick?

Yeah kinda. And it's pronounced "Basketball".

dude you just posted something similar to that

-sigh-

lol Aussiefan is owning blood_of_fire!

I read it Zoshi! My grammar and Spelling has improved I think.

NO ONE START A FLAME WAR! Because I will do it again! Nicky knows what I mean ;)

Hooray for owning!

..Sureeeee...

You'll do it with Nicky again?

By the way, can someone tell me what the plural of octopus is?

Octopussies. ^_^

Slick

Banned

What do you mean? I never said basketball in there?

Lol i would sig that but theres no room.

And what does every body think about the new character of SSBB.

Well okay I like the NBA. I play NBA 06 on my PSP. I go for the Chicago Bulls because they had Michael Jordan. But I still like them...

Sig what? I can't remember... EDIT: Oh.

Earthbound characters take up space for Wind Waker Link.

o_O Ermm.. no. I didn't have anything to do with it. He just told me afterwards. >.>

xDD

Anyone get the message on their Wii about the Wii Remote Jacket? More Info: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendo/news/index.php

What was it?

xxDDDddXXdDSDddDDxxxxxDDDDDXxDXxxdDdDDxxxD

Lol. GAYYYYY.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Octopodes is the correct form, not to be pedantic - octopuses is semi-correct, english adaptation, while octopi is completely incorrect. It's Octopus, octopodis m. in latin, therefore 3rd declension, therefore the plural is octopodes - it's not second declension.

But in theory Octopi could be accepted as it is an English adapted Romanized plural...

Zoshi

Unique

Rapidashlover82

I want to get that jacket thing for my Wiimote because my hands get really sweaty and I fear I will drop it or something.

Rapidashlover82

No I'm not I always put the wrist strap on and put the nunchuk through the thing to connect it, but if my hand is sweaty and the wrist strap breaks then I'm in trouble so I want the jacket.

The_Panda

恭喜發財
But in theory Octopi could be accepted as it is an English adapted Romanized plural...

...no, it's just incorrect. If you want to use the Latin, the correct form is Octopodes, 3rd declension masculine plural. Octopi would mean octopus is 2nd declension masculine singular, which it is not.

The latin is the latinised form of the greek oktopous, which means eight feet.

Next you'll be telling me the plural of prospectus is prospecti.

Alzi

Toon link
Where do you get those avaters from?
Edit: Found them! :)
Man there awsome thanks again joe!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.