• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

Incidentally, it seems that when the main site updated today, they accidentally rolled back the Pokemon Bank page to not include the FAQ

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
can you use eshop points to downlaod pokemon bank?

randomspot555

The download is likely free and you will pay in-app.

But e-shop points are just money in the first place, so

Or it could be like with the free trial, you pay in the E-shop for a code that you then punch into the app.

But I highly doubt they'd separate your eshop balance and make it impossible to access for Bank.

Incidentally, it seems that when the main site updated today, they accidentally rolled back the Pokemon Bank page to not include the FAQ

Still in the first post if you click the spoiler, but yeah, I noticed that too.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
This actually scares me a bit:
Some Pokémon from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, and Pokémon White 2 cannot be transferred to Pokémon X or Pokémon Y.

I mean I figure it's probably the same requirements as the previous games but I don't want any of mine to stay behind.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
This actually scares me a bit:

I mean I figure it's probably the same requirements as the previous games but I don't want any of mine to stay behind.

What is there to be scared about?

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I assume it's referring to Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, which is understandable.

Yeah. I can see that. I wonder if that means we still can't have both Black Kyurem and White Kyurem in a single game.

Ria

I'm OK paying for this service and look forward to using it.
However Europeans seem to be getting the short end of the stick.

In the UK it's £4.49.
Exchange rates mean $4.99 dollars is around £3.10.
And 500 yen is around £3.00
So this means that it's approximately 45% more expensive in the UK (the Euro is around the same)
(That's if my maths is right =P )

Am I missing something?
Are servers more expensive in Europe?
Do the Japanese and Americans have to add on tax?
Or is Nintendo showing us their favourite markets?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

In the UK it's £4.49.
So this means that it's approximately 45% more expensive in the UK (the Euro is around the same)

Am I missing something?

Different regions have different costs. It's the same as with games, if you're converting currency Europeans pay quite a bit more for games as well.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire

In the UK it's £4.49.

Am I missing something?

You guys tend to get the short end of the stick in terms of digital media often, I noticed it when I visit the UK iTunes store. .99 GBP is around 1.61 USD. The most a song is on iTunes US is 1.29$.

PokeAmi

"If your annual Bank fee ends, you can still withdraw your Pokémon for a short time, but will be lost afterwards forever."

I do NOT like the sound of that :/ It's understandable, but like deleting all Pokemon and never get them back is a bit harsh, Like couldn't they just temporary close the account and reopen it when the person pays instead...

R_N

"If your annual Bank fee ends, you can still withdraw your Pokémon for a short time, but will be lost afterwards forever."

I do NOT like the sound of that :/ It's understandable, but like deleting all Pokemon and never get them back is a bit harsh, Like couldn't they just temporary close the account and reopen it when the person pays instead...

No because then they'd be storing your Pokemon, potentially indefinitely, for nothing.
The entire point of the fee is to pay for the server. They're not going to keep your Pokemon on there forever until you pay, it's a needless additional load.

They've given you warning and time to remove them, that's more than enough.

PokeAmi

No because then they'd be storing your Pokemon, potentially indefinitely, for nothing.
The entire point of the fee is to pay for the server. They're not going to keep your Pokemon on there forever until you pay, it's a needless additional load.

They've given you warning and time to remove them, that's more than enough.

That's a fair enough reason, but what if you have problems with paying, because of differents reasons or I guess people will just say, that you should not even have an account then, if you can't pay for it. But like I said it's an understandable reason why they do so, like you said it being an needles additional load. But anyway, mostly all people will probably not have the problem with paying, since it's just once a year fee.

And I have no idea how to transfer money to the 3DS and yes, before anyone says anything, I bought a 3DS recently, so am no pro at it and is still learning about it.

But anyways, Can't wait to transfer my old Poke's to XY :p

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
That's a fair enough reason, but what if you have problems with paying, because of differents reasons or I guess people will just say, that you should not even have an account then, if you can't pay for it. But like I said it's an understandable reason why they do so, like you said it being an needles additional load. But anyway, mostly all people will probably not have the problem with paying, since it's just once a year fee.

And I have no idea how to transfer money to the 3DS and yes, before anyone says anything, I bought a 3DS recently, so am no pro at it and is still learning about it.

But anyways, Can't wait to transfer my old Poke's to XY :p

It still hasn't been revealed how to pay for the service, credit card is pretty much guaranteed but it's possible you could use eShop balance as well.

PokeAmi

It still hasn't been revealed how to pay for the service, credit card is pretty much guaranteed but it's possible you could use eShop balance as well.

Ah, I see. Well If I find out how to transfer Money from a Credit Card to the 3DS, then I'm hopefully saved :D Thanks!

Blazios

In the UK it's £4.49.

Am I missing something?

Yeah, that's nothing to some of the other exchange rates on the eShop (Rhythm Thief is $20 in the US and £40 in the UK, for example).

randomspot555

Ah, I see. Well If I find out how to transfer Money from a Credit Card to the 3DS, then I'm hopefully saved :D Thanks!

There is a "Add Funds" button in the E-Shop. You can either do that or just insert CC info for individual purchases.

FWIW, StreetPass has you pay the new bonus games "within" the game but it brings up the E-Shop balance. It will probably be much the same for Bank/Transport.

As for deleting Pokemon after trial/subscription runs out, the solution is simply taking some personal responsibility for it if you don't plan on renewing your subscription. It isn't that hard.

Jeikobu

主の子
Can I still subscribe to it even though I play the Japanese version but live in America?

Status
Not open for further replies.