• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I actually thought they'd give us Mew, since the game is pretty much a throwback at Gen 1, with Mewtwo and the Legendary birds already obtainable.

I'm surprised that we get Celebi. But I'm still very happy.

So, we get a Celebi.

Honestly, I would have preferred a Jirachi, as we haven't had those in a while, but eh, they're both fine.

I still have my GameStop promo Jirachi that unlocked the Night Sky's Edge PokéWalker course in HGSS. It's on my W2 waiting to be transferred.

I also still have the Nasty Plot Celebi that unlocked the time-travel mission in HGSS (and the gift Zorua in BW1) on my W1. That Zorua made it onto my final W1 team.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Quick question.

If I have, for example, level 100 Dialga and I want to transfer it to X/Y, but I have beaten, for example, fourth gym, am I allowed to transfer it to X/Y, or is it blocked? Because I don't think that I can't beat game in one month...

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Quick question.

If I have, for example, level 100 Dialga and I want to transfer it to X/Y, but I have beaten, for example, fourth gym, am I allowed to transfer it to X/Y, or is it blocked? Because I don't think that I can't beat game in one month...

If it's not on the FAQ we don't know it. I assume you'd be able to transfer it, though.

The FAQ does say that you can use PokéBank/Transporter as soon as you get the Pokédex, but it goes on to say that there are some Pokémon that cannot be stored or transferred. They're probably talking about event legendaries, like the Nasty Plot Celebi and the shiny Beast trio needing the Relocator in BW1 to be transferred from DPtHGSS, but the new PokéBank website isn't telling which ones will have such restrictions. Instead, it advises you to test for yourself which ones can and cannot be transferred. Chances are, though, that you'll be able to transfer story legendaries, like the Sinnoh dragons, Lugia, Ho-oh, the Unova dragons, etc., without restrictions. Whether or not you can control them, however, is up to your current badge count.

Also, it's entirely possible to clear the main scenario in just two days, so eight days (I'm not sure why you said month, the service goes live next Friday) is plenty of time to beat the game. That's not to say you'll need to rush it, because you certainly don't! You can take your time and enjoy X/Y as long as you like, your Pokémon will be transferrable as soon as you choose your starter and receive the Pokédex.

Last edited:

R_N

I actually thought they'd give us Mew, since the game is pretty much a throwback at Gen 1, with Mewtwo and the Legendary birds already obtainable.

I'm surprised that we get Celebi. But I'm still very happy.

Actually, Japan got 2 different Jirachi just this year.

Checking the dates I think Manaphy & Mew are the only ones who haven't been given away since 2010.
I'm guessing they chose Celebi since in general it's slightly more obnoxious to get and also probably plays on the long journey through time thing

Jed Jordal

A free Celebi I can't believe it!
I haven't had a Celebi since 2000 when I had a Japanese pokemon Crystal rom on my computer :-D
I can't wait to get one again :-D :-D :-D

randomspot555

The FAQ does say that you can use PokéBank/Transporter as soon as you get the Pokédex, but it goes on to say that there are some Pokémon that cannot be stored or transferred. They're probably talking about event legendaries, like the Nasty Plot Celebi and the shiny Beast trio needing the Relocator in BW1 to be transferred from DPtHGSS,

...there is absolutely no reason to think event Pokemon will be barred from use in Pokemon Transport or Pokemon Bank.

The Pokemon that can't be transferred are ones that know HM moves and ones that don't pass the legality check. Of course that isn't confirmed but it is a really, really good guess.

Ammako

So, we get a Celebi.

Honestly, I would have preferred a Jirachi, as we haven't had those in a while, but eh, they're both fine.

I wonder, though, if Bank will function like Ranch and give us special Pokémon if we deposit enough?

I think that Celebi is a better choice, because only it and Meloetta hadn't been distributed via Wi-Fi before.

R_N

...there is absolutely no reason to think event Pokemon will be barred from use in Pokemon Transport or Pokemon Bank.

The Pokemon that can't be transferred are ones that know HM moves and ones that don't pass the legality check. Of course that isn't confirmed but it is a really, really good guess.

Especially considering the FAQ made a point to say that there are some pokemon you can't Pal Park and some Pokemon you can't PokeTransfer
The only Pokemon, so far as I know, that qualify for either of those are ones with HM moves & Spiky Ear Pichu so it's really arbitrary to worry about not being able to transfer over event Pokemon (especially when they've shown event Pokemon off)

Yay finally a legit Celebi in Europe. :D Sure took them long enough. I have a japanese Celebi but I can't be sure if it's legit so it's nice that I'll have one in Pokémon X for sure now. I am a bit worried about that blocking hacked Pokémon though. I have many strong traded Pokémon, I sure hope they are all legit and that I'll be able to use them in Pokémon X (I've checked there IV's, moves, catching locations and those seem to be fine).

Do you guys think there will be more free Pokémon through Pokémon bank? I think this might actually be a new way for Nintendo to convince players to use that paid service.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I think that Celebi is a better choice, because only it and Meloetta hadn't been distributed via Wi-Fi before.

Celebi was definitely distributed by WiFi, otherwise I would not have a Zorua with my own OT in White.

Wasn't there a Melloetta Event a few months ago?

Blazios

The only Pokemon, so far as I know, that qualify for either of those are ones with HM moves & Spiky Ear Pichu so it's really arbitrary to worry about not being able to transfer over event Pokemon (especially when they've shown event Pokemon off)

Black Kyurem and White Kyurem may also apply, what with being two Pokémon at once and all.

R_N

Black Kyurem and White Kyurem may also apply, what with being two Pokémon at once and all.

Oh yeah yeah I forgot about their situation

Unlike the rotoms (in pthgss) they don't automatically defuse because of that either

Oh yeah yeah I forgot about their situation

Unlike the rotoms (in pthgss) they don't automatically defuse because of that either

Wondering why I couldn't trade them over to my W2.

R_N

Wondering why I couldn't trade them over to my W2.

It's because of how the gene splicer works
Before fusion, it allows fusion. But after that, it will change so that it only defuses. I think mechnically it might become a different item so far as the game is concerned; not sure though.

Anyway, to prevent a situation where you can never fuse/defuse into Black/White Kyurem again, you can't trade away Black/White Kyurem. It doesn't auto-defuse either probably because Zekrom/Reshiram are programmed to only fuse/defuse within the party and not sent to the box. Probably a programming thing, if not just a convenience thing

Mega Missingno

We will receive a free Celebi upon entering the Pokèbank?
That's awesome!
I wish they could also give us a Mew. :D

great minds think alike. XD I really adore Celebi, so finding aout about getting one with the installment of Pokebank was a huge surprise! But I'd also like a Mew and Jirachi

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
With the Bank and Transporter coming out soon, I suggest people start milking the wonder trade because lets face it, a lot of pokemon you can't catch in the game will be on wonder trade. I'm looking at starters particularly. Anyway $5 is nothing to sneeze at, you spend that much buying a Happy Meal

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Wonder Trading will be ridiculously fun after Pokémon Bank comes out. I have plenty of Pokémon from the Dream Radar I'd like to wonder out.

Status
Not open for further replies.