• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajduk

I have a question regarding the bank and previous generations.
I haven't played any pokemon game since gold version so I am not sure about this, but how are you supposed to complete
the national pokedex in X and Y when there is no gen 3 remake? How will you get the legendaries and the starters?

BurningWhiteKyurem

I haven't played any pokemon game since gold version so I am not sure about this, but how are you supposed to complete
the national pokedex in X and Y when there is no gen 3 remake? How will you get the legendaries and the starters?

You don't need a re-make to complete the national dex. I'd suggest GTS, but that hinges largely on how effective Nintendo's hack checking system is after Pokemon Bank is released. Having said that, your best bet would be to trade on forums with reputable people.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

Step 1: get whatever you need from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.
Step 2: Transfer to DPPtHGSS with Pal Park on a DS or DS Lite.
Step 3: Get another DS System, and transfer from DPPtHGSS to BWB2W2.
Step 4: Go to 3DS, and transfer from BWB2W2 to Pokébank.
Step 5: Transfer from Pokébank to X and Y.

In other words, you have to own a defunct DS System and four Geneations of Pokémon Games.

Alternatively, Trade.

Ajduk

Step 1: get whatever you need from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.
Step 2: Transfer to DPPtHGSS with Pal Park on a DS or DS Lite.
Step 3: Get another DS System, and transfer from DPPtHGSS to BWB2W2.
Step 4: Go to 3DS, and transfer from BWB2W2 to Pokébank.
Step 5: Transfer from Pokébank to X and Y.

In other words, you have to own a defunct DS System and four Geneations of Pokémon Games.

Alternatively, Trade.

Wow, so nowdays you can actually transfer stuff from GBA games to DS games?

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I'm really hoping that people who trade over the pokemon one couldn't normally find in X & Y that they'd breed them, if they're gendered, for the people who either can't use the Poke'transporter or have no pokemon of their own transfer.

I know I definitely will start doing it with a few of my pokémon.

how are you supposed to complete
the national pokedex in X and Y when there is no gen 3 remake?

The remakes tend to come after the main game of the generation. However, whether or not it will actually happen is all speculation (I for one would love a remake, GameFreak really blow everything out of the water with the remakes).

If not, trade or hope they release event legendaries from Gen III.

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Even without the gba games, the gen 3 legends and starters are available in Gen 4 and 5 games in normal gameplay.

not just that though most people have traded over there pokemon from the gba into gen 4 and 5 by pal park and oh i forgot the name of the 5th gen trade over from 4th gen game but you get the point...I have shinies from my ruby/sapphire/emerald version i got through that game in my 5th gen i just had it transferred like 2 times to get it though XD

He means you can get the Gen 3 starters, the Lati@s, and Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza in HGSS, and the Regi Quads and Lati@s in BW2. No events, no Pal Park, just normal gameplay. EDIT: But you will need to trade/share keys.

Last edited:

Eevee918

<--Magic Bounce
If not, trade or hope they release event legendaries from Gen III.

I really hope that too. But if they don't, they've given jirachi away a few times for HGSS, and Deoxys was given away for BW2 just this past may :p

I personally like this idea. Five dollars a year is nothing. The fact that they are looking for new ways to improve our experience is great! I mean, if you delete a save game you won't have to go through the slow process of transferring to a game and then transferring your Pokemon back one by one. In addition to that the Celebi included with it is amazing! I've always wanted a Celebi and was just thinking last week how awesome it would be if they offered it to us in one of the mystery gifts. I'm really happy with this service. C:

I love it too :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it is live in Japan? I can read kana but I am not good with kanji. I see it on the eshop but I don't see a button to download. It is almost 1 am in Japan so it is the 25th today.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Does anyone know if it is live in Japan? I can read kana but I am not good with kanji. I see it on the eshop but I don't see a button to download. It is almost 1 am in Japan so it is the 25th today.

Wonder trading now, doesn't seem to have launched, however people claim to have starters already. Possibly lying out of their as* but hey!

DragonMasterX34

are pokemon generated by the action replay confirmed to go through the pokebank?

i had a bunch of legendaries on a file that my little brother released and i used the AR to get them back.

BCVM22

are pokemon generated by the action replay confirmed to go through the pokebank?

i had a bunch of legendaries on a file that my little brother released and i used the AR to get them back.

Incredibly, with the service just now rolling out in Japan (and slowly at that), the answer is still a resounding "we don't know".

Ajduk

I don't like the bank because I can't use it.
And most of us who do not have any other version than pokemon x will probably have quite a hard time getting anything that is from the previous versions -.-'

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Yeah it is a pain for those of you who don't have Internet with your games. that is what was handy about the ingame way that they used before.

BCVM22

I don't like the bank because I can't use it.
And most of us who do not have any other version than pokemon x will probably have quite a hard time getting anything that is from the previous versions -.-'

Yeah it is a pain for those of you who don't have Internet with your games.

And while this is unfortunate individually, certainly you would agree that Wi-Fi access is beyond prolific enough that you would not have them hold back this service and the functionality it provides on the basis of your personal circumstances, yes?

that is what was handy about the ingame way that they used before.

To which people were perfectly content to complain "it is a pain for those of you who don't have access to a second handheld".

Status
Not open for further replies.