• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puma Italia

Now that we know that the "legit" hacked Pokemon can get through, I'm curious on whether they are allowed online or not. I also read that Pokemon with hacked abilities got through.

I didn't have any luck on Wonder Trade though.

ElectroBall

Pokémon Master
I'm going to keep swapping Moltres until I get a Kalos one. I want an English one.

alejandrawr

Except you're wrong, people can trade the non-marked 'mons as well as battle with them. People have tried and succeeded. The lack of a Kalos indicator doesn't prove whether your mon is hacked or not, especially if you know you acquired them legitimately in past games. Which begs the question, what the **** was the point of having a hack-check and a Kalos indicator in the first place if you're just gonna waste it by having a crappy hack-check?

They're not going to patch anything. This just proves how lazy and careless GameFreak is with their properties. Which is frustrating, especially when there are non-GF products that are designed to check if a Pokemon is hacked.

Wasn't aware of this. I was under the impression every region had a colored pentagon to show their legitimacy. If it's the case that even pokemon without pentagons are allowed in online battles, not to mention being traded evidently, then yeah, it seems fairly useless :p And it would also seem they don't care, as you mentioned, legality checks will just be left up to tournament officials as it always has *shrug*

Tf916

Parappa the Rapper
No luck on Wonder Trade yet, My friend got a Cottonee from GTS.. LUCKY

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Except you're wrong, people can trade the non-marked 'mons as well as battle with them. People have tried and succeeded. The lack of a Kalos indicator doesn't prove whether your mon is hacked or not, especially if you know you acquired them legitimately in past games. Which begs the question, what the **** was the point of having a hack-check and a Kalos indicator in the first place if you're just gonna waste it by having a crappy hack-check?

If that's the case then I think the Pentagon is just for the official Tournaments.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Anyone have Mudkips? VM if so...
I've had absolutely no luck over Wonderr Trade, and people over the GTS are just being plain dicks with their starters.

ElectroBall

Pokémon Master
People are asking for legendaries for Hoenn and Sinnoh starters.......SMH......soon they'll be all over wonder trade.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Now that we know that the "legit" hacked Pokemon can get through

Well, so much for Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter detecting hacked Pokemon. I knew it was too good to be true. It's ironic that there are non-official ways to check if Pokemon are hacked while Game Freak apparently can't be bothered to design an official program that does that. It's ridiculously frustrating.

ElectroBall

Pokémon Master
no Mew, Meloetta, or Genesect on the GTS yet....Surprising indeed.

EDIT - 4th Moltres on GTS. this one is legit from Kalos. CRAP stats though. Back in it goes.

Last edited:

Tf916

Parappa the Rapper
Got a few Japanese Wonder Trades... Nothing really expect for a Freeze Dry Lapras..

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
no Mew, Meloetta, or Genesect on the GTS yet....Surprising indeed.

EDIT - 4th Moltres on GTS. this one is legit from Kalos. CRAP stats though. Back in it goes.

Considering these Pokemon aren't abundant, it's not that surprising.

ElectroBall

Pokémon Master
Considering these Pokemon aren't abundant, it's not that surprising.

True, but considering hacked Pokemon are getting through the Bank I am a bit surprised. They can be easily gen'd with legit stats.

Bliu

Professional Lurker
Does anyone actually have a screenshot of a hacked 'mon making it though the transfer? Because it sounds like the blue pentagon just means that it's legal per official tournament rules (i.e. it's in the Kalos dex and it was found in Kalos), and besides that all I've seen so far is hearsay that some have gotten through.

ElectroBall

Pokémon Master
I'm starting to think all that blue pentagon means is a Pokemon was caught in X and Y. These 'mons might be legit but don't have the pentagon because they arent originally from XY.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
I'm starting to think all that blue pentagon means is a Pokemon was caught in X and Y. These 'mons might be legit but don't have the pentagon because they arent originally from XY.

That IS all it means. It makes the pokemon eligible for VGC format.

Rio!

Composer

Yup, that's what it means. It just makes it easier for soon-to-be participants be able to distinguish what they can and cannot use in VGC. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.