• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Seeing a Pokemon Bank'd Oshawott on Pokemon-Amie is the greatest, you think they'd release this on Christmas Day.

They did release it on Christmas day.

Rakurai

So apparently, the hack checker on Pokemon Bank is absolutely terrible.

The only thing it seems to care about is whether or not the Pokemon has legal stats and/or moves.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

The only thing it seems to care about is whether or not the Pokemon has legal stats and/or moves.

Wonder if they'll update it in the future.

I meant Christmas Day for people who aren't in Japan.

Had they done that it would have been a disaster. Load was incredibly high just from the users in Japan.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna

Really? I guess that's kinda good for me. Meloetta is the only Pokémon I don't have legitly, so I guess I can get the Shiny Charm in X/Y!

I meant Christmas Day for people who aren't in Japan.
Different time zones, brah. Other countries were already celebrating (or not) on the 25th of December before Japan did.

Rakurai

Really? I guess that's kinda good for me. Meloetta is the only Pokémon I don't have legitly, so I guess I can get the Shiny Charm in X/Y!

You don't need event Pokemon for dex completion still, at least.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Absolutely disappointing, especially with the big deal that Nintendo/Gamefreak was making about banning hacked Pokemon in tournaments. They look like absolute morons now.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Absolutely disappointing, especially with the big deal that Nintendo/Gamefreak was making about banning hacked Pokemon in tournaments. They look like absolute morons now.

"Absolute morons" might be a bit harsh, but admittedly, it is rather disappointing that it only checks moves and stats. We all expected better, I'm sure, but I suppose it's better than nothing, though.

R_N

I recall hackers basically saying as much earlier/elsewhere.
So long as you're not a moron about it there's probably not much they can do without, like, manually checking or something.

I mean sure it's easy to raise an eyebrow at shiny pokemon with flawless IVs but if they're technically legal beyond creation that can't be 100% proven if done well...

e: You know considering this is probably what they used for all those bannings with the PGL I think that says more about the general hacker than anything else

BeneathTheWaves

Team FroakieMander!
I think it would be good if Pokebank had a filter you could turn on and off for hacked pokemon. I know a few people who just like to collect and I know a few younger kids who want to have all the legendaries but cant get to the stores or whatever because of their parents. They shouldnt be punished for using Pokebuilder or Pokegen or whatever to get themselves some shinies. ...if only there were a way to make a filter but still stop them from getting through the GTS, WT and battles.

So, I'm guessing since the whole checker with the Bank being almost bunk, any copied Pokemon are being transfered with no problem. Is anyone able to confirm this? :)

BurningWhiteKyurem

"Absolute morons" might be a bit harsh, but admittedly, it is rather disappointing that it only checks moves and stats. We all expected better, I'm sure, but I suppose it's better than nothing, though.

Some may say that it's harsh, but when you take GameFreak's/Nintendo's moves into perspective, they really do look like absolute morons. For one, what's the point of the Kalos indicator? According to Serebii (may have changed over time, not sure), the hexagon was supposed to be a way to prove that your Pokemon were legitimately acquired within the Kalos region. Yet, when it comes to Pokebank, we don't get other indicators? People are going to go hive-mind and automatically assume that no indicators means hack, when it very likely is not the case. A simple shape to denote other regions would've been helpful. Additionally, it's all a self-fulfilling prophecy, Nintendo bans people for using hacks > beefs up hack-check > hack-check confirmed to only check moves and abilities > hacked Pokemon still come in > Nintendo bans people...etc. At some point, Nintendo needs to be held accountable for their carelessness. It's colossally embarrassing when non-GameFreak properties can make hack-checking programs better than GameFreak.

I'm sick of it, we can say that it's better than nothing, but it's really not. We might as well not even have a hack-check in place if we're just letting these Pokemon slide by. In Gen V, the GTS was absolute garbage because none of us could trade with certainty that the receiving Pokemon wouldn't be hacked . And with Pokemon Bank's release, this problem will only continue.

BCVM22

They shouldnt be punished for using Pokebuilder or Pokegen or whatever to get themselves some shinies.

That's an excuse. If one doesn't want to be chastized for hacking, there's one choice: don't hack. No one gets a free pass because it takes too much work otherwise.

For one, what's the point of the Kalos indicator?

The last few pages of the thread seem to make it clear that it marks the critter as eligible for upcoming tournaments, for which there are eligibility restrictions based on region of origin.

Throwing around "absolute morons" and "carelessness" like they kicked your dog and had your car towed is more than a little excessive, particularly when it's the sort of thing they can update and improve over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.