• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

Some may say that it's harsh, but when you take GameFreak's/Nintendo's moves into perspective, they really do look like absolute morons. For one, what's the point of the Kalos indicator? According to Serebii (may have changed over time, not sure), the hexagon was supposed to be a way to prove that your Pokemon were legitimately acquired within the Kalos region. Yet, when it comes to Pokebank, we don't get other indicators?
Why would there be indicators for other regions. It's more accurate to say the pentagon represents "legally obtained within XY," anyway; consider the torchic & celebi events being legal.
GameFreak just wanted a divide between pokebank Pokemon and not. Why? Maybe they did it for a more fresh start, maybe they did it to weed out hacks they couldn't catch, who can say for certain.
People are going to go hive-mind and automatically assume that no indicators means hack, when it very likely is not the case.
Why would people do this. Who would do this. We've known for a while what the indicator meant. At worst we get people asking "IS THE PENTAGON NOT BEING THERE MEANING IT IS HACKED??????" which let's face it would happen no matter what even if we had circles and junk for other reasons.

Additionally, it's all a self-fulfilling prophecy, Nintendo bans people for using hacks > beefs up hack-check > hack-check confirmed to only check moves and abilities > hacked Pokemon still come in > Nintendo bans people...etc. At some point, Nintendo needs to be held accountable for their carelessness.
What? How is this a self-fulfilling prophecy?
Why should they be held accountable for ...still catching hacked Pokemon apparently? I mean that's what you lined out there. Things slip through but they catch and ban them anyway.

e: Unless you're arguing that Nintendo will just ban people for not having pentagons period which...won't happen because right now you can't enter at all without them...

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
They don't look like "absolute morons" in any light. Like R_N said, we've known what the pentagon meant. The lack of a pentagon doesn't mean to imply "A HACK!" to anyone other than people who need to get a life. It just means it's not from the current 3DS generation and that means it is excluded from tournaments. To be honest, that seems like a decent and fair system to me.

BlackAngel

Eevee Enthusiast
The real 'hack check' if you will, is the rules they set so that only Pokemon obtained in X/Y can be used in tournaments and ranked battles.

Hack vs non-hack factions aside...so long as the poke has the appropriate stats and moves it makes no real difference given the new ease of breeding.
What the the "generation check" does however is limit any moves that might not be available in X&Y that were previous available. That along with the new breeding system evens out tournaments. It does not favor "hacking" nor more veteran players with multi-gen access.

R_N

The real 'hack check' if you will, is the rules they set so that only Pokemon obtained in X/Y can be used in tournaments and ranked battles.

Thinking on it this almost definitely why there's the pentagon at all.

You can still use whoever and whatever in randoms, with friends, in game or in the battle maison (& maybe the special battles? not sure). I suppose it sucks for Pokemon that depend on the move tutor but those always come around in the next set of games; the new iv breeding system means it's not mind numbingly awful to try and get near flawless ivs so even if you had duders ready to go in 5th gen it won't take long to redo them.

I suppose this also lets new Players not be at a serious disadvantage (re: move tutors) if they didn't have pthgss and bw2 AND bank

pikkichu

Maybe you can just ignore trades that don't include the pentagon symbol(dunno if breeding a non-kalos Pokemon on xy will give the egg a pentagon?), the pentagon at least lets you know your getting a legit Pokemon, since instacheck is thankfully gone and we'll be getting patches for exploits we won't be getting rngd or cloned/3rd party generated Pokemon anymore, and obviously GF is going to roll out at least one of each event exclusive Pokemon over the next few years that'll have the pentagon, so you'll know they won't be cloned or hacked from gen v or before, eventually these hacks coming in from pokebank won't matter once events are rereleased. Only problem is you can't get shinies like kyurem with the pentagon to prove their legit as well as past events

It's kinda like gen 6 IS the hack check, pretty hard to create fake Pokemon in a game that isn't as open source as gen 1-5 and gets patches

Last edited:

R_N

Maybe you can just ignore trades that don't include the pentagon symbol(dunno if breeding a non-kalos Pokemon on xy will give the egg a pentagon?), the pentagon at least lets you know your getting a legit Pokemon, since instacheck is thankfully gone and we'll be getting patches for exploits we won't be getting rngd or cloned/3rd party generated Pokemon anymore, and obviously GF is going to roll out at least one of each event exclusive Pokemon over the next few years that'll have the pentagon, so you'll know they won't be cloned or hacked from gen v or before, eventually these hacks coming in from pokebank won't matter once events are rereleased. Only problem is you can't get shinies like kyurem with the pentagon to prove their legit as well as past events
breeding non-kalos Pokemon also gives it the pentagon seal of approval

Deitylight

Legendary Trainer

You can still use whoever and whatever in randoms, with friends, in game or in the battle maison (& maybe the special battles? not sure). I suppose it sucks for Pokemon that depend on the move tutor but those always come around in the next set of games; the new iv breeding system means it's not mind numbingly awful to try and get near flawless ivs so even if you had duders ready to go in 5th gen it won't take long to redo them.

I suppose this also lets new Players not be at a serious disadvantage (re: move tutors) if they didn't have pthgss and bw2 AND bank
Uhhh
You can use any pokemon with or without the pentagon in rated battles except banned legendary pokemon.
The only time you can't use them is during the special rule set for 2014.

R_N

Uhhh
You can use any pokemon with or without the pentagon in rated battles except banned legendary pokemon.
The only time you can't use them is during the special rule set for 2014.

Sorry I saw Ranked Battles and got all mixed up with the tournaments

BlackAngel

Eevee Enthusiast

Yea it won't affect people who use generated Pokemon for their own fun, use them in the game for whatever battles, battle with friends and such. I like the rules and I think it was a good move since the goal was to make tournaments more fair for everyone. Not to say perfect Pokemon won't appear, but at least you know they did some breeding even if they started with perfect IV Pokemon.

Plus with the new breeding mechanics makes getting good or perfect IV Pokemon an option now, even for those of us with less free time on our hands.

Can someone explain to me how to get Celebi? I went to Pokemon Link in my X game but don't see him. My problem is that I can read kana but not kanji, and unlike in the actual games, there is no option for kana/kanji so I'm kind of confused on what I'm doing. Anyone know if you have to do something within Bank itself to activate it?

Update:

Nevermind. Not sure what I did, but when I went back into Bank the Celebi showed up. I went back to X and it was in my Pokemon Link.

Last edited:

avalon3

Hey guys I am new with the concept of hacking pokemon so will you guys please help me out. I traded my 2 shiny magmar for a milotic and an entei which turns out to be hacked since they didn't have the pentagon. I didn't know what else to do it created a different symbol in my pokedex (if you obtain a pokemon it usually has the 3 color kalos region symbol) but the hacked pokemons created a pokeball symbol that is all too obvious. I got rid of them by trading them back luckily I saw the pentagon indicators in the GTS so I got were real pokemon. What do I do to revert these symbols and will those hacked pokemon affect my game? please help thanks!

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
A lack of pentagon doesn't mean that your pokemon is hacked at all.

The lack of pentagon means that the pokemon is transferred and don't come from the Kalos region.

What happened is until now there's no way to prove it and the only way was through a tournament that only allows native Kalos Pokemon where is explained that native pokemon have the pentagon.

Also, you can see now the relation between the pentagon and the Kalos region.

Last edited:

Deitylight

Legendary Trainer
Hey guys I am new with the concept of hacking pokemon so will you guys please help me out. I traded my 2 shiny magmar for a milotic and an entei which turns out to be hacked since they didn't have the pentagon. I didn't know what else to do it created a different symbol in my pokedex (if you obtain a pokemon it usually has the 3 color kalos region symbol) but the hacked pokemons created a pokeball symbol that is all too obvious. I got rid of them by trading them back luckily I saw the pentagon indicators in the GTS so I got were real pokemon. What do I do to revert these symbols and will those hacked pokemon affect my game? please help thanks!

Oh look, it's the self-fulfilling prophecy that BurningWhiteKyurem mentioned.
A pokemon lacking the pentagon means it's not native to Kalos, in other words, it is not a hack check and it never was.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector

The "3 color kalos region symbol" only shows that the Pokemon is part of one of the 3 sections (central, coastal or mountain) of the kalos dex (there are 454 in all). Any Pokemon that is not found in kalos will not have that symbol and will only show up in the national dex. The pentagon tells you that the Pokemon was either caught or hatched in Pokemon x or y. Neither is an indicator of whether a Pokemon is hacked or not, although having the pentagon is a safe bet that the Pokemon is not hacked since it's very difficult/impossible to hack Pokemon in x and y.

Last edited:

avalon3

Thank you for those that replied. As I said I am new in this whole business the last that I played was pokemon crystal in gameboy color so I hope you know where I am coming from with these questions. thank you for answering them.

Rakurai

I kind of wish that restriction applied to rated battles in general, because things like flawless pre-gen VI legendary Pokemon are going to be running rampant in the standard rated battles.

I also have a feeling people are probably going to be using illegal move combinations on their transferred Pokemon, as I really doubt the hack check on Pokebank is going to be strict enough to catch something like, say, an Azumarill that has both Aqua Jet and Belly Drum (You couldn't have both until gen 6), while also having Ice Punch from the gen V move tutor.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm really disappointed at the BOX1 transfer only.
Unless I missed something... anyone care to enlighten me?

Status
Not open for further replies.