• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomspot555

Its unusual compared to most of Pokemon's demographic AKA kids, but its the fact that MOST people ARE busy AND were looking forward to this is why I was expressing I was as well. Most people have breaks during this time, making it prime time to promote and release this product to get the most use/subscriptions out of it.

Its not a matter of YOUR view being different, you were an A** about it. THATS what I dont like. I can have discussions with kids, teens and adults alike, but there is at least one person like you trolling along every few minutes to jump all over someone like me(and apparently many others) that is passionate about their frustration towards an issue like this.

I am in no way trolling and it is you that are name calling, not me. If you feel that *gasp* someone disagreeing with you and quoting your post is "trolling", get off the horse and click the report button.

Also, actually, it seems the hip(ster) thing here is to defend Nintendo and the corporate machine,

Please immediately sell all of your electronics made by "Nintendo" and the "corporate machine", that'll really stick it to them.

No, really, the hip thing is to bash whatever is new. Read this very thread, which has inspired whiners, moaners, and even conspiracy theorists to new heights. Read any of the several whine-a-thon threads on how much [insert Generation here] is [horrible/sucks/isn't magical like the olden days/is digimon], or when a generation has info leaking out before its release, watch posters leap to bash art designs, Pokemon names, even the way grass is depicted.

instead of defending the consumer. That's whats wrong with gaming now in general. Companies are continually (more others like EA, Activision, etc than Nintendo; Nintendo has been reliable about everything EXCEPT online functionality) pumping out unfinished products with missing functionality, components, or game breaking bugs in general.

EA and Activison are not console manufacturers and they only have a role in online functionality and it relies a lot on whatever system they're working with.

If Nintendo had the online competency of Sony, this probably still would've happened because the same thing happened with PSN.

We as consumers, are led to believe we are buying a finished product, just to be disappointed by previously mentioned issues. That's unacceptable. Regardless of whatever people speculate GF's intention was in leaving out backwards compatibility in the first place- the fact is that GF and Nintendo are NEVER transparent with their inner workings or decision making/reasoning, and X/Y were released without a transferring option. That was well and good since the games were a huge step forward, and the issue was forgivable since they promised Bank. THEN, there was the Lumiouse save glitch, which was game breaking for many, followed by the BattleChecker exploit which allowed people to cheat in ranked online matches- both were fixed with patches, though the latter one couldn't have been for seen by GF.

Games sometimes have glitches. News at 11.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
I am in no way trolling and it is you that are name calling, not me. If you feel that *gasp* someone disagreeing with you and quoting your post is "trolling", get off the horse and click the report button.

Sorry, Im just not that kind of person- unless its racially/sexual orientation fueled hate. You just singled me out, it's cool.

Please immediately sell all of your electronics made by "Nintendo" and the "corporate machine", that'll really stick it to them.

No, really, the hip thing is to bash whatever is new. Read this very thread, which has inspired whiners, moaners, and even conspiracy theorists to new heights. Read any of the several whine-a-thon threads on how much [insert Generation here] is [horrible/sucks/isn't magical like the olden days/is digimon], or when a generation has info leaking out before its release, watch posters leap to bash art designs, Pokemon names, even the way grass is depicted.
And the un-hip thing is to tell everyone to quit whining, complaining or stating legitimate dislike of something? So therefore I got "told" since I was complaining and stating legitimate dislike and disappointment with something? After seeing the front page of the website, why on earth would you even come into this thread if you don't like reading about people being upset with something that clearly has had issues and would upset them?? To sit on the fence telling people to stop whining/ complaining about Bank being delayed?

EA and Activison are not console manufacturers and they only have a role in online functionality and it relies a lot on whatever system they're working with.
They are supposed to program the games to WORK with said system. Online functionality relies on scripting as much as it does servers.
If Nintendo had the online competency of Sony, []this probably still would've happened because the same thing happened with PSN[].
That may be, but Nintendo shouldn't have released it during the holiday season when server stress would increase(downloads, new accounts etc.). They SHOULD have for seen this issue, which is one of my gripes.

Games sometimes have glitches. News at 11.
No kidding, but its becoming the norm is my point, and thats not healthy for the industry or the consumer.

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
Everyone is complaining about the PokeBank being delayed.
And I'm just sitting here training and breeding my Pokémon.

I'd rather have it delayed than have like a million errors. Just saying.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
I think the point was clear enough - a delayed stable product, regardless of how one chooses to semantically define the product, is better than on time but unable to be used.

As miyamoto would say "a delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever." are people really so willing to run the risk of losing their pokemon, even if only temporarlly, just to get it tomorrow? heck, for all we know the service might go down again in the future if the server overloads again, or some unforseen incident occurs (natural disaster, attempt to hack the system, etc.). I honestly would rather wait, until i know for certain its stable than risk potentialy losing pokemon because i was in a rush. It'll come back on when nintendo has tested it, maybe tweaked it to handle rushes like this, and has decided its time to try again. until then, anyone who's upset by this, you need to pull up your big boy pants, and #dealwithit.

redven

I too have some of the non legendary poke bank exclusives in case anyone wants to trade. I'd have to breed them.

Just PM me if you want anything I have.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I can wait since they really need to fix their stuff.

But I'm not gonna act like this doesn't rustle my jimmies to the max...

This was like, the highlight of my Friday morning, lol.

Last edited:

Kreayshawn

I hope there is a little after Christmas miracle and I wake up to this being available..

I hope..

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
We all can hope, I will just be happy having only Legit Pokes on wondertrade and not having to worry if I have to release something because it "looks to good to be true

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Apparently, there are reports coming in on various websites that the supposed "hack check" doesnt even check hacks at all. It prevents Pokemon with moves and abilities it cant learn, or hacked stats. I have seen photos of Lv.1 Gengar and HA Emboar among others. So apparently, GF couldnt even get the hack check right, after the promise of a clean game.

Oh, oh! Also, there were also reports of imported Pokemon coming through with the "Obtained in Kalos" hexagon symbol. Talk about LMAO ironic. *shakes head slowly* -_-

So much for a hack free VGC environment once they eventually allow all non-box/event legends into the tournament scene.

Rakurai

Well, looks like yet another gen has been totally ruined by hackers.

Thanks to Pokebank, they've found a way to get the blue pentagon onto Pokemon that weren't even obtained in Kalos, meaning this year's VGCs are going to just as filled with cheaters as last year...

R_N

Thanks to Pokebank, they've found a way to get the blue pentagon onto Pokemon that weren't even obtained in Kalos, meaning this year's VGCs are going to just as filled with cheaters as last year...

anything used in the vgc will at least be "legal" at worst

Also just going to throw this out there: even when future vgcs open up for any pentagon pokemon and not just kalos-dex pokemon, they will likely have further checks outside the bank (and probably manual ones) so you won't be seeing mysteriously pentagon'd non-6th-gen-caught legends or whatever.

Kind of an obvious red flag

Timeboy

Apparently, there are reports coming in on various websites that the supposed "hack check" doesnt even check hacks at all. It prevents Pokemon with moves and abilities it cant learn, or hacked stats. I have seen photos of Lv.1 Gengar and HA Emboar among others. So apparently, GF couldnt even get the hack check right, after the promise of a clean game.

Oh, oh! Also, there were also reports of imported Pokemon coming through with the "Obtained in Kalos" hexagon symbol. Talk about LMAO ironic. *shakes head slowly* -_-

So much for a hack free VGC environment once they eventually allow all non-box/event legends into the tournament scene.

The blue pentagon does not mean it's only catchable/obtainable in the Kalos region. You can have a Porygon, a Feebas, a Cyndaquil, a Tynamo, or any other non-legendary (excluding Phione) Pokémon not obtainable through regular gameplay in Pokémon X and Y (i.e. requires the use of Pokémon Bank/Poké Transporter) with a blue pentagon. How? You breed imported Pokémon, and the egg that hatches means it originated in Kalos, even though it's parent(s) didn't. That's what the blue pentagon is. It is totally unrelated to the legitimacy or availability in the wild in Kalos. Any breed able Pokémon can have the blue pentagon. I have plenty that I've bred after receiving Japanese Pokémon through Wonder Trades. They were conceived and born in the Kalos region, so they get a miniature version of the Kalos flag to prove so.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I just managed to log into the eShop. Hopefully it will stay up and the holiday rush will die down quickly.

BeneathTheWaves

Team FroakieMander!
Just woke up from my nap to see there is still no Pokebank. T_______________T
So frustrated.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
The blue pentagon does not mean it's only catchable/obtainable in the Kalos region. You can have a Porygon, a Feebas, a Cyndaquil, a Tynamo, or any other non-legendary (excluding Phione) Pokémon not obtainable through regular gameplay in Pokémon X and Y (i.e. requires the use of Pokémon Bank/Poké Transporter) with a blue pentagon. How? You breed imported Pokémon, and the egg that hatches means it originated in Kalos, even though it's parent(s) didn't. That's what the blue pentagon is. It is totally unrelated to the legitimacy or availability in the wild in Kalos. Any breed able Pokémon can have the blue pentagon. I have plenty that I've bred after receiving Japanese Pokémon through Wonder Trades. They were conceived and born in the Kalos region, so they get a miniature version of the Kalos flag to prove so.
I thought this was already known? I was talking about a BUG BITE Scizor that had the pentagon. Bug Bite is a tutor move, not an egg move.

Status
Not open for further replies.