• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

The blue pentagon does not mean it's only catchable/obtainable in the Kalos region. You can have a Porygon, a Feebas, a Cyndaquil, a Tynamo, or any other non-legendary (excluding Phione) Pokémon not obtainable through regular gameplay in Pokémon X and Y (i.e. requires the use of Pokémon Bank/Poké Transporter) with a blue pentagon. How? You breed imported Pokémon, and the egg that hatches means it originated in Kalos, even though it's parent(s) didn't. That's what the blue pentagon is. It is totally unrelated to the legitimacy or availability in the wild in Kalos. Any breed able Pokémon can have the blue pentagon. I have plenty that I've bred after receiving Japanese Pokémon through Wonder Trades. They were conceived and born in the Kalos region, so they get a miniature version of the Kalos flag to prove so.

I'm aware of that, and it's not what I'm trying to get at.

What this potentially means is that people can use Pokemon that were transferred up from previous games with MT/event moves they shouldn't be able to have if they were obtained in Kalos, and use them both in the VGCs and the special rated battles, which is cheating to the fullest degree.

BlackAngel

Eevee Enthusiast
When a Pokemon is generated correctly no one can tell the difference. Even hack-check programs can't (from my experience using them). It's the poorly generated Pokemon created by people who really don't know what they're doing that ruin the game.

The hack check they have in place actually does a 'OK' job, it prevents obvious generated Pokemon from making it through. Pokemon that break the game rules by having impossible stats and moves/abilities they can't have. Unreleased dream world abilities will still go through though (I believe), but they can't be used online and of course in tournaments since it will be obvious the Poke was generated.

It could be better though, getting a level 1 evolved Pokemon is annoying. But as long as it's not breaking the game rules by having broken stats, a wrong ability, or impossible moves it doesn't do any real harm besides to the person who dislikes getting it.

Rakurai

I'm pretty sure that Pokebank and WiFi don't check for illegal move combinations, meaning people can use Pokemon that have movesets that while utilizing only moves the Pokemon is actually capable of knowing, would never be able to be used together normally.

IE, Azumarill with Aqua Jet, Belly Drum, and Ice Punch. It's impossible to teach Azumarill Ice Punch outside of B/W 2, and impossible to breed both Aqua Jet and Belly Drum onto it outside of gen 6.

BlackAngel

Eevee Enthusiast
I'm aware of that, and it's not what I'm trying to get at.

What this potentially means is that people can use Pokemon that were transferred up from previous games with MT/event moves they shouldn't be able to have if they were obtained in Kalos, and use them both in the VGCs and the special rated battles, which is cheating to the fullest degree.
If they were transferred from previous games they wouldn't be obtained in Kalos, and so they wouldn't be able to be used in the upcoming tournament, or in the rated battles as of now that the special rule is in place.

You can't breed MT/event moves either so I don't understand. Sorry if I missed something but what you talk about is impossible.

BlackAngel

Eevee Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure that Pokebank and WiFi don't check for illegal move combinations, meaning people can use Pokemon that have movesets that while utilizing only moves the Pokemon is actually capable of knowing, would never be able to be used together normally.

IE, Azumarill with Aqua Jet, Belly Drum, and Ice Punch. It's impossible to teach Azumarill Ice Punch outside of B/W 2, and impossible to breed both Aqua Jet and Belly Drum onto it outside of gen 6.
The Azumarill wouldn't have a Kalos mark and so you wouldn't be able to use it in the tournament or in the rank battles as of now. Even if you tried to breed those moves it would only transfer belly drum and aqua jet. Hope this helps.

Rakurai

If they were transferred from previous games they wouldn't be obtained in Kalos, and so they wouldn't be able to be used in the upcoming tournament, or in the rated battles as of now that the special rule is in place.

You can't breed MT/event moves either so I don't understand. Sorry if I missed something but what you talk about is impossible.

I mentioned in my post prior to the one you quoted that cheaters have found a way to flag a Pokemon as a Kalos obtained Pokemon even if it was transferred in from a previous gen.

BlackAngel

Eevee Enthusiast
I mentioned in my post prior to the one you quoted that cheaters have found a way to flag a Pokemon as a Kalos obtained Pokemon even if it was transferred in from a previous gen.
I've heard reports of Pokemon not being able to get transferred if they knew an impossible move.

The hack check could know that having those moves on Azumarill is impossible. I know that people have tried to use unreleased dream world abilities online and were unable to do so, so a similar thing could happen with Azumarill. Like technically the Pokemon 'could' have that ability or move but the hack check knows the ability is unreleased, or that combination of moves is impossible.

Even if they found a way to give the Pokemon the 'seal of approval' if you will the check might look at the moveset and determine it's illegal. I can't say now for sure, but I do know it checks the movesets. How extensively it looks at them however I don't know.

I don't think anyone knows for sure at this point. Sorry I couldn't help you. But hackers will find a way to manipulate the game at some point. It's only a matter of time. I don't think they will ever be able to use a Pokemon like the Azumarill you mentioned though (in an official tournament). A simple look at it would raise a red flag.

Last edited:

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
On the frontpage of serebii it says: "Continuing from yesterday, as Pokémon Bank is now available on the Japanese eShop for the Nintendo 3DS, we are covering Pokémon Bank and its features in X & Y. "

Is it back?

alejandrawr

On the frontpage of serebii it says: "Continuing from yesterday, as Pokémon Bank is now available on the Japanese eShop for the Nintendo 3DS, we are covering Pokémon Bank and its features in X & Y. "

Is it back?

All that means is that the site is still updating info based on the few hours of Japanese Pokebank we had to import pokemon.

bidoofdude

Legendary Trainer
My eShop is back up, still TBD on bank. At least I have time to move all my Pokemon to White's Box 1, you can only transfer from it apparently. ;)

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Yeah, the Eshop is back up for me too. Went to the Pokémon section, had the games and Dream Radar, but no Bank or Transporter anywhere. I quit, and went to look at the Atlus sales, but immediately got an error. Guess the eShop is still very iffy atm. As soon as Bank and Transporter are back up, I'll drop everything I'm doing, and straight to download them!

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
It's like these video game companies never learn. They keep trying to usher in an era that they clearly don't have the technology for. If your system can't handle so many people logging onto something at once, you maybe don't make online functionality mandatory. It's not that hard. Like I said WAY back on the front page here: we've had offline, free pokemon transfer from gen-to-gen for years. There was no call for this.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Yeah, the Eshop is back up for me too. Went to the Pokémon section, had the games and Dream Radar, but no Bank or Transporter anywhere. I quit, and went to look at the Atlus sales, but immediately got an error. Guess the eShop is still very iffy atm. As soon as Bank and Transporter are back up, I'll drop everything I'm doing, and straight to download them!

I can see transporter and bank in e-shop, but can't purchase them. "Coming soon."

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It's like these video game companies never learn. They keep trying to usher in an era that they clearly don't have the technology for. If your system can't handle so many people logging onto something at once, you maybe don't make online functionality mandatory. It's not that hard. Like I said WAY back on the front page here: we've had offline, free pokemon transfer from gen-to-gen for years. There was no call for this.

No, it's more like userbases keep growing. There's no way to tell whether your system is capable enough, no company puts something out unless they're sure it's going to work, problem is there's never a real way to be sure it's going to work.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
according to gameinformer.com pokemon bank and poke trasporter is scheduled to go live tomorrow.

Nintendo has delayed the release of the Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter applications for the 3DS that were scheduled to go live in the west tomorrow. Nintendo continues to suffer from eShop outages, which is putting a damper on sales.

randomspot555

Except most gens needed additional hardware to do transfer so it wasn't free.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi

gens 3-4 were the game boy slot was in the ds you had to buy to get gen 4 to begin with

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
No, it's more like userbases keep growing. There's no way to tell whether your system is capable enough, no company puts something out unless they're sure it's going to work, problem is there's never a real way to be sure it's going to work.

Well, going by history, it's easy to see that a LOT of highly-publicized, online-mandatory, mass releases have gone poorly. It's pretty easy to see that these companies view this as a desirable thing to do, but they just don't have the technology to accommodate it yet. There's no shame in that, but there is shame in putting your hands over your eyes and ears and pretending like it's not going to happen to you. Then you run into a situation like Nintendo just did where you upset your fanbase and get egg on your face.

So you get one of the people you know with another system and you do it with both your systems. So, yeah, it really was, and that's not an unrealistic expectation because almost the ENTIRE PREMISE POKEMON IS BUILT UPON is that you'll play with friends who have the same system and game generations as you. And, really, only gen 4-to-gen 5 required an additional DS. You could do 3-to-4 with one DS Lite.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, going by history, it's easy to see that a LOT of highly-publicized, online-mandatory, mass releases have gone poorly. It's pretty easy to see that these companies view this as a desirable thing to do, but they just don't have the technology to accommodate it yet. There's no shame in that, but there is shame in putting your hands over your eyes and ears and pretending like it's not going to happen to you. Then you run into a situation like Nintendo just did where you upset your fanbase and get egg on your face.

No one has pretended it's not going to happen to them? Did you miss the part where I said there's no way to be sure? The only way to find out is to make your service available, Nintendo's handled this really quite well. Rather than keep it up, sputtering, they've taken it down to improve it before making it live again.

Status
Not open for further replies.