• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Are you sure eShop is up and running? I just tried to go in and it said the services were offline in your region. (I live in the U.S)

I never said anything about eShop already working at this point.
What I'm trying to say is that, once eShop gets fixed, there is no guarantee that the Bank will be immediately available for download.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm pretty sure we'll have no problem transferring pokémon caught in apricorn pokéballs since they featured a Friend Ball, a Love Ball, & a Heavy Ball at the Pokéball Boutique, but just in case, has anyone who was lucky enough to obtain the Japanese version of pokétransporter tried migrating a pokémon caught in these rare pokéballs?

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
No freakin' way I'm going to trade HG/SS Pokemon to BW to XY. That's way too much trouble and time.

Heh. A few weeks back, I went through the trouble of trading a few guys from my old Pokémon Colosseum file ALL the way up to my copy of White 2. Annoying would be putting it nicely. :p

What frustrates me most of all about this whole mess is how it's going to hurt Nintendo's reputation. This kind of bad press is the LAST thing they need right now. Ugh.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
if pokemon bank isn't fixed they'll be bankrupt

happy-ba-dum-tss-l.jpg

i know they won't just wanted to make a pun

jclol12

Heh. A few weeks back, I went through the trouble of trading a few guys from my old Pokémon Colosseum file ALL the way up to my copy of White 2. Annoying would be putting it nicely. :p

Ha I did the same thing... but instead I transferred ALL the pokemon I purified (which were pretty much all of the 48 or so pokemon) to Fire Red, then to Pal Park, then to White. It definitely took some time if I do say so myself lol

CanadianGuyEh

Ha I did the same thing... but instead I transferred ALL the pokemon I purified (which were pretty much all of the 48 or so pokemon) to Fire Red, then to Pal Park, then to White. It definitely took some time if I do say so myself lol

Boy does that sound like some tedious work to do.. and i thought trading pokemon to yourself wasn't hard or annoying in better words bad enough.

Acepkm

Shiny Hunter
People are asking for free membership or a free Mew for this delay... Honestly, Nintendo is a company, and this is a way for them to get money, do you really think they will give the product they are trying to sell away for free? And a mew? Seriously guys, you get a celebi already.. People just need to wait for this short delay and then it'll feel even sweeter to get your old pokemon back!

halloweenghost

People are asking for free membership or a free Mew for this delay... Honestly, Nintendo is a company, and this is a way for them to get money, do you really think they will give the product they are trying to sell away for free? And a mew? Seriously guys, you get a celebi already.. People just need to wait for this short delay and then it'll feel even sweeter to get your old pokemon back!

all these brats just think they are entitled. It's not like we have already payed for it... now let's say we payed for a month, instead of a year,.. and it had already been out for abit.. then I could see some sort of compensation..

but bank is not even out in themajority of the world and the otherparts are in their 30 free days..so we really do not diserve anything.... they need to be glad they are giving the world a free celebi

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

You're right.

Mostly because Nintendo isn't held responsible, but rather Game Freak.

JFD

Kathigitarkh
all these brats just think they are entitled. It's not like we have already payed for it... now let's say we payed for a month, instead of a year,.. and it had already been out for abit.. then I could see some sort of compensation..

but bank is not even out in themajority of the world and the otherparts are in their 30 free days..so we really do not diserve anything.... they need to be glad they are giving the world a free celebi

I disagree. For some this mess is quite an inconvenience. For instance, I have only reliable internet access until I return home from family, at which point I may no longer be able to use the service. If I had planned my time around the release of Pokebank, as some have indicated that they have, then I would rightly feel the need for compensation. This is no mere reaction of bratishness.

Also, the give-away of Celebi should not be used as an excuse - it's not like they were going to withhold it if everything had gone smoothly.

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
As I understood, the free trial was for a month, starting (or supposed to start) today and going through the end of January, right? I think at this point the only thing Nintendo/GF ought to do to compensate for the delay is adjust the timeframe of the free trial accordingly. A month-long trial was advertised, and I think in spite of everything, we players should still get a month-long trial.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
As I understood, the free trial was for a month, starting (or supposed to start) today and going through the end of January, right? I think at this point the only thing Nintendo/GF ought to do to compensate for the delay is adjust the timeframe of the free trial accordingly. A month-long trial was advertised, and I think in spite of everything, we players should still get a month-long trial.

You understood wrong. The trial is one month from your sign up day, this offer being valid until February. Anyone that has already managed to sign up wont have their trial start until the service is put back up.

JFD

Kathigitarkh

I believe that is the intention already.

BCVM22

For some this mess is quite an inconvenience. For instance, I have only reliable internet access until I return home from family, at which point I may no longer be able to use the service. If I had planned my time around the release of Pokebank, as some have indicated that they have, then I would rightly feel the need for compensation. This is no mere reaction of bratishness.

This sounds largely the same as the people who have complained that the service is unusable for people without Internet access. It's true, but it's an individual circumstance by and large. Let's not pretend it's the case for enough people that it should make a difference.

BurningWhiteKyurem

I disagree. For some this mess is quite an inconvenience. For instance, I have only reliable internet access until I return home from family, at which point I may no longer be able to use the service. If I had planned my time around the release of Pokebank, as some have indicated that they have, then I would rightly feel the need for compensation. This is no mere reaction of bratishness.

Also, the give-away of Celebi should not be used as an excuse - it's not like they were going to withhold it if everything had gone smoothly.

Considering that in this day and age, someone could easily say to you that you not having access to stable wi-fi is not an excuse. If this was 2007, you may have a point. Additionally, you're also misunderstanding the situation. There was nothing wrong with the app itself (including its servers, since it's been confirmed that people could access Pokemon Bank after eShop was shut down), it was the eShop servers that crashed, thus preventing NA/Euro/etc. from getting Pokemon Bank released. Essentially, you're coming off as entitled if you want GF to provide you compensation for something that was not even broken in the first place.

They already stated that no one will lose their 30-day trial. So there's that.

JFD

Kathigitarkh
This sounds largely the same as the people who have complained that the service is unusable for people without Internet access. It's true, but it's an individual circumstance by and large. Let's not pretend it's the case for enough people that it should make a difference.

You're right, which is why I don't feel the need for compensation personally. I'm just defending that there is reason in people's upset and that it is not merely out of sheer greed or childishness; thus there is no need for harsh backlash at those such people from those who are giving it.

Considering that in this day and age, someone could easily say to you that you not having access to stable wi-fi is not an excuse. If this was 2007, you may have a point. Additionally, you're also misunderstanding the situation. There was nothing wrong with the app itself (including its servers, since it's been confirmed that people could access Pokemon Bank after eShop was shut down), it was the eShop servers that crashed, thus preventing NA/Euro/etc. from getting Pokemon Bank released. Essentially, you're coming off as entitled if you want GF to provide you compensation for something that was not even broken in the first place.

Except, in New Zealand, the internet services are comparatively poor.

And I'm not misunderstanding the situation. I recognize the issue itself does not arise from Pokebank. However, there was a decision made to release said app on a day that would already test the limits of the eShop; which is what people are rightfully upset about, and it is for that perceivably poor decision that people want compensation. I'm not going to presume to know the reason for this decision, but you must admit it is a difficult one to justify if you don't have a lot of technical knowledge behind the situation.

Last edited:

BCVM22

I'm just defending that there is reason in people's upset and that it is not merely out of sheer greed or childishness

No, instead it's out of the notion that one's personal circumstances of being in a technological minority - and make no mistake, if you don't have reliable wireless Internet access of some sort in this day and age, that does put one in a technological minority - should dictate everything for the countless millions for whom it isn't an issue. I don't know what one word someone might use to define that, but it's just as bad and has equally no place in reasonable discussion.

And that is the crux of the argument - "This will work for countless millions but not me personally and therefore it's bad."

Status
Not open for further replies.