• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

halloweenghost

I disagree. For some this mess is quite an inconvenience. For instance, I have only reliable internet access until I return home from family, at which point I may no longer be able to use the service. If I had planned my time around the release of Pokebank, as some have indicated that they have, then I would rightly feel the need for compensation. This is no mere reaction of bratishness.

Also, the give-away of Celebi should not be used as an excuse - it's not like they were going to withhold it if everything had gone smoothly.

this is almost 2014... there are free wifi hotspots everywhere these days.. go to a mcdonalds. I'm sure they will have it as well.

JFD

Kathigitarkh
No, instead it's out of the notion that one's personal circumstances of being in a technological minority - and make no mistake, if you don't have reliable wireless Internet access of some sort in this day and age, that does put one in a technological minority - should dictate everything for the countless millions for whom it isn't an issue. I don't know what one word someone might use to define that, but it's just as bad and has equally no place in reasonable discussion.

And that is the crux of the argument - "This will work for countless millions but not me personally and therefore it's bad."

It's impossible to say how many people are inconvenienced by this situation, so I can't really say much more to it.

JFD

Kathigitarkh
this is almost 2014... there are free wifi hotspots everywhere these days.. go to a mcdonalds. I'm sure they will have it as well.

I never said I didn't have internet access. I do - at home, too. I said it was unreliable, because often my device will disconnect when switching between applications. But that wasn't my point. It's not an issue for me; I don't feel the need for compensation or anything. I just don't think it's fair that others should be attacked for believing that they do deserve compensation and them saying so. After all, they're probably just venting.

To be honest, I'm grateful that Japan had any access. I've managed to get most of the Pokemon from older games (excluding Legendaries, of course), and with a horde of Snivy hatchlings I'm able to get anything I need outside of Legendaries and Pokebank-exclusives. It's amazing. In order to complete the National Dex (for the Oval Charm) I had to trade my Yveltal (a spare, mind) to get Rhypherior. Now a Snivy will do it.

Last edited:

JFD

Kathigitarkh
How many exactly? Certainly so. But again, it's a relative minority, and a shrinking one at that.

Inconvenience can come from more than poor internet access; another poster indicated earlier that this release was the only time that they would have to use the service, because they worked too much to do so otherwise.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Except, in New Zealand, the internet services are comparatively poor.

And I'm not misunderstanding the situation. I recognize the issue itself does not arise from Pokebank. However, there was a decision made to release said app on a day that would already test the limits of the eShop; which is what people are rightfully upset about, and it is for that perceivably poor decision that people want compensation. I'm not going to presume to know the reason for this decision, but you must admit it is a difficult one to justify if you don't have a lot of technical knowledge behind the situation.

Then the blame falls on Nintendo (who is responsible for maintaining the eShop and its servers), which is a completely separate entity from GameFreak. Therefore, the argument that one should be compensated for this debacle makes even less sense when you consider who is actually at fault. If this was GameFreak's fault, you'd have a point.

BCVM22

Inconvenience can come from more than poor internet access; another poster indicated earlier that this release was the only time that they would have to use the service, because they worked too much to do so otherwise.

We can sit here and name myriad personal inconveniences all day and all night. To do so would be missing the point of what I'm saying.

JFD

Kathigitarkh
We can sit here and name myriad personal inconveniences all day and all night. To do so would be missing the point of what I'm saying.

You're saying that only a minority is inconvenienced by this, but you can't just say that - because it's impossible to know this data.

Then the blame falls on Nintendo (who is responsible for maintaining the eShop and its servers), which is a completely separate entity from GameFreak. Therefore, the argument that one should be compensated for this debacle makes even less sense when you consider who is actually at fault. If this was GameFreak's fault, you'd have a point.

You're right, of course. But I didn't see an argument; just an attack on a general opinion.

Last edited:

BCVM22

You're saying that only a minority is inconvenienced by this, but you can't just say that - because it's impossible to know this data.

No, it really isn't. When you take common sense and compare the number of people who will have absotively posilutely no problem using this service day in and day out and compare it to the number of people who don't have Internet access or are too busy or their parents don't allow it or their dog doesn't like it or or or or or, one cannot possibly conclude logically that the latter is anything but a minority.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
you don't need data to know that the minority is indeed people without internet. it's common sense, and i agree with BCVM, a minority isn't going to make a difference in the case of pokebank

JFD

Kathigitarkh
No, it really isn't. When you take common sense and compare the number of people who will have absotively posilutely no problem using this service day in and day out and compare it to the number of people who don't have Internet access or are too busy or their parents don't allow it or their dog doesn't like it or or or or or, one cannot possibly conclude logically that the latter is anything but a minority.

I'm not necessarily saying the inconvenienced are not a minority; I'm saying I won't presume that they are a vast enough minority that Nintendo won't consider them. It has nothing to do with common sense or a lack thereof. I just don't reason like that.

you don't need data to know that the minority is indeed people without internet. it's common sense, and i agree with BCVM, a minority isn't going to make a difference in the case of pokebank

I would confidently say that the majority of people who play pokemon have internet-access. But I'm trying to acknowledge other inconveniences as well.

Last edited:

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
i havent read all the arguments and im not gonna bother
but i'll say this, complaining wont change a thing, it sucks not to be able to access internet for pokebank but the fact of the matter is, gamefreak couldnt care less as far as it seems so no point in arguing

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
i havent read all the arguments and im not gonna bother
but i'll say this, complaining wont change a thing, it sucks not to be able to access internet for pokebank but the fact of the matter is, gamefreak couldnt care less as far as it seems so no point in arguing

ironically, the complaining hadn't much to do with our inability to access it, but rather those who can't access it at all due to no internets. :p i'm ok with it not being accessible yet. it makes the pokemon we DO get much more rare. they are multiplying due to breeding and wonder trading. the only pokemon i was able to get my hands on prior to the shut down was piplup and that's because i traded a trade fodder mewtwo for one. and then after that i've gotten chimchar, cyndaquil, and a few others through wonder trading.

TKDTJU

Pokeveteran

Nothing personal to that guy who works too much but the only net access I get is when I'm at work and I work too much to use it. You know what I do? I leave home a half hour early and use it then. He could do the same and stop by mcds or starbucks.

On topic now tho I myself am a little peeved at the delay. But then I remember that times like this is how they improve. It wouldn't be surprising if they took this opprotunity to do an overhaul on there servers so this won't happen again.

JFD

Kathigitarkh
I was finally able to get all the unobtainable pokemon (excluding event legendaries) through the gts and got the shiny charm! I was numbed about the delay but it gave me something to do, trying to gather them through trades! I know they are pretty much all hacked but for now at least they fill the dex, and when the bank does go live I'll be able to transfer my legit ones over! I wanted the shiny charm but just wondering if anyone knows what it knocks the odds down to in this gen?

Do you not need to see Event Legendaries to complete the Dex then?

R_N

Do you not need to see Event Legendaries to complete the Dex then?

You have never needed to see event legendaries for national dex completion.
e: Or regional dex completion except for Platinum which is why Manaphy showed up in a book

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Oh wow this is getting serious, I hoped to see pokébank back so bad, that I started a combined dream about it with my future new smart phone. Lool.

is the date still not decided?

Bariokie

rock dog
Oh wow this is getting serious, I hoped to see pokébank back so bad, that I started a combined dream about it with my future new smart phone. Lool.

is the date still not decided?

Nope
And for the people in the Netherlands pokemon bank is even removed from the main page and the XY section.
The only way to find it is by manually searching for it...
I suppose they'll announce it when they'll think atleast a minimum amount of people that should register with an Nintendo Network ID have registered.
So I guess we'll get the announcement of the date in like 3 days?
That you know I'm just saying what sounds a bit logical but there is no logic now since we got like 0 information abou the date.

Moon V

Just checked eShop and it seems to be working normally again. Pokebank is still TBD though, but eShop running smoothly is a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.