• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Someone brought up the idea of a paid service being used to allow transferring before, and I honestly couldn't see that happening. I'm very surprised that this actually happened, though I'm not sure if I mean that in a good or bad way.

It definitely shows that GF has been looking into more efficient methods of transfer, and I do like how they describe the actual transferring. No more annoying mini-game, but the $5 yearly fee is a different thing. I don't exactly mind that it's $5, because that's ridiculously cheap, but getting exactly that much money for my eShop funds is going to be annoying. I will probably end up using it for more than just the free trial, because of my shiny hunting exploits. But I'm going to abuse that free trial as much as possible so that I can finish the National Dex.

Lonewolf18

If you mean still possible to transfer up to Gen V, then sure, knock yourself out. From Gen V to Gen VI without Bank, though? Doesn't look like it.

that would be horrible for people that dont want the bank, to be forced into using it or it would mean the loss of all your previous pokemon :S i would prefer the old way and just have more storages in the game itself!

Akashin

that would be horrible for people that dont want the bank, to be forced into using it or it would mean the loss of all your previous pokemon :S i would prefer the old way and just have more storages in the game itself!

Eh, at worst I'd call it a necessary evil. Before now there were people who lost those Pokemon because they either had nobody to trade with or didn't have/couldn't afford a second system to trade with. The only difference is that the people being inconvenienced now are the ones who were prepared before.

Smeargle1987

Reckless Trainer
My issue is not the price itself, but rather the "hacked" aspect of it.

Being a college student and all, I barely have enough time to optimize all of my Pokemon quickly and efficiently. I use these devices only after I beat the game (using legal hacks such as modifiers, IVs, etc., no illegal crap), never to beat, so that I can play to my heart's content, bonding with my Pokemon.

If what is being said is true, then I will really miss the Pokemon that have helped me win in friendlies with some of my friends on other sites (Smogon, etc.). Is there any other way?

You and me are kindred spirits it seems:)

Aioi

If you mean still possible to transfer up to Gen V, then sure, knock yourself out. From Gen V to Gen VI without Bank, though? Doesn't look like it.

No way to tell for sure if we will have alternatives or not, but if we don't, we'd have to wait until the end of December just to transfer from Gen V.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
To Me the Pokemon Bank is a good idea. Did I wish it cost nothing sure but $5.00 isn't too bad especially since its only once a year. Like with me I have Pokemon I caught for Pokedex reasons and then onces I might starting using for battles. With this I can all Pokemon just for collection sake and then have ones that I have bred and trained for Wifi Battles. And Shinies too. I could use the 3000 Capacity really easy.

SapphSabre777

You and me are kindred spirits it seems:)

That is good that there are others. I do agree that completely illegal Pokemon should be filtered out, but completely legal ones in terms of stats and such? I'd prefer not. At least make legal "hacks" unusable in competitions, but usable in-game (that's all I really care about anyways). It really creates uncertainty for those kinds of players that don't have enough time to show off the fearsome, yet loved companions. Not all hackers treat their Pokemon like trash. I really love my Pokemon (if this holds up, I will miss you dearly, Empoleon...my faithful partner).

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
The Pokemon Bank and Transporter sound like good idea. The free trial will sure be enough for transferring Pokemon...

Smeargle1987

Reckless Trainer
That is good that there are others. I do agree that completely illegal Pokemon should be filtered out, but completely legal ones in terms of stats and such? I'd prefer not. At least make legal "hacks" unusable in competitions, but usable in-game (that's all I really care about anyways). It really creates uncertainty for those kinds of players that don't have enough time to show off the fearsome, yet loved companions. Not all hackers treat their Pokemon like trash. I really love my Pokemon (if this holds up, I will miss you dearly, Empoleon...my faithful partner).

Totally dude:)

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I'm so glad they found a way to let us transfer old Pokemon into our games, and the fee isn't so bad lets hope little kids parents dont complain :p.

And those hackers better not find a way to get through it.... hopefully

Hopefully there is like a month of a free trial. I'm not really planning on bringing much Pokemon over to my Y, just all Pokemon I have breeded from my teams of White 2 and the event legendaries we are having currently.

ShikabaneHime13

I don't think Poke Transporter is something you pay for. It is linked to Poke Bank, yes, but due to the communication issues that GF presented during E3 between DS/DSi and 3DS, this was the alternative for transferring. I do believe the system will be able to tell the difference by some means to determine between a transfer and general cloud storage, hence even though the apps are related, they are still separate entities. The Poke Transporter has to access the Bank for the transfer, yes, but that is for lack of direct communication with the 3DS otherwise. Also, this will be helpful to those with only one system.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Does anyone know when the Pokebank and transfer app are going to be released. Somewhere it said Japan in December. Do other countries get it then too or are we going to have to wait this time around.

Akashin

Does anyone know when the Pokebank and transfer app are going to be released. Somewhere it said Japan in December. Do other countries get it then too or are we going to have to wait this time around.

No word on other countries to the best of my knowledge, but it wouldn't surprise me if they go simultaneous with this as well. They might not, though.

Torpoleon

December 25 for Japan & December 27 for Europe. No word on a North American release date. Japan is getting a free trial until January 31, though no word if other countries get this. (If we did, there'd be no point in complaining because it shouldn't take a month to transfer all the Pokémon you want from BW & B2W2 to XY).

SapphSabre777

They said that there was going to be a free trial until it was released and such.

diakyu

I don't have a single problem with the price. It's cheap for an entire year and it'll be for all 3DS pokemon games.

Status
Not open for further replies.