• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sour Monster

Aww wish it was being released with the game... I wanted to use my shiny Dratini from White2 in my team. Will probably have finished Y by then. Suppose there is always X... :)

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Aww wish it was being released with the game... I wanted to use my shiny Dratini from White2 in my team. Will probably have finished Y by then. Suppose there is always X... :)

tbh i don't want to use any of my rng in my play through this time i just want a normal team so I actually don't mind the wait...I can just use my shinies later in the game...im sure there is side stuff in the game...

Zorgaz

Veteran
Will i be able to get the pokemon transporter and then using it without paying for it pokemon bank? I guess 5 dollars a year isn't a big deal but still I'm not really interested in the ''Bank''. I just want to be able to transfer from old games to X and Y. Not store pokemon in the ''cloud''.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Will i be able to get the pokemon transporter and then using it without paying for it pokemon bank? I guess 5 dollars a year isn't a big deal but still I'm not really interested in the ''Bank''. I just want to be able to transfer from old games to X and Y. Not store pokemon in the ''cloud''.

You need an active Bank subscription in order to use Transporter, the two come together and Transporter relies on Bank, that's where your Pokemon are sent. Just use the free trial to transfer all your Pokemon over.

Zorgaz

Veteran
You need an active Bank subscription in order to use Transporter, the two come together and Transporter relies on Bank, that's where your Pokemon are sent. Just use the free trial to transfer all your Pokemon over.

Yeah i guess i could do that. But In my case It still means I will have to pay for the service sooner or later =/. Thanks for info anyway.

Jinglefruit

Mad hatter
Is pokemon bank tied to your console? It sounds like it is from the main site, but doesn't that then mean if you damage/lose your 3DS then all your pokemon are lost?

BCVM22

We don't know yet, and could easily not know until the software and the service are made available.

However, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that they would tie it irrevocably to your individual hardware, for the very reason you described. It wouldn't do to introduce this service and then make the only key to accessing it a physical object that could be lost.

R_N

I suspect that the app is just used to log in to the uhhh server...front end....thing. After all, the app itself (so far as we can tell) just browsers through, uploads to and downloads from boxes kept on a cloud server

There's also the matter of future proofing, obviously. Even if you can transfer to the 4ds or whatever, chances are they still would need to make an updated app for the 4ds if only for the ease of working with 4ds' system and software junk.

But this is all just me making a guess. We probably won't know for certain until we get closer to release.

Puma Italia

Considering Pokemon Bank will be used with future Pokemon games, I doubt that it will be tied to your system. but it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled something silly like that.

You'll probably have some kind of account that you will log into and access your Pokemon through that.

Jinglefruit

Mad hatter
Okay, thanks for the swift responses. I was just concerned if it was a universal log in, then we'd have to fear hacking. Only way I can see it really working is if both the console and the game card (assuming not downloaded) can both separately access your pokebank. Though if you stick to digital versions then I guess you're doomed if you lose your 3DS without a log on system.

Hadn't considered potential 4DS's, but I am guessing the way around that would be to have a system transfer from your old 3DS, or as I said have the pokemon game card have access that once put into the 4DS grants permission to access the bank from that device.

R_N

Okay, thanks for the swift responses. I was just concerned if it was a universal log in, then we'd have to fear hacking. Only way I can see it really working is if both the console and the game card (assuming not downloaded) can both separately access your pokebank. Though if you stick to digital versions then I guess you're doomed if you lose your 3DS without a log on system.

Hadn't considered potential 4DS's, but I am guessing the way around that would be to have a system transfer from your old 3DS, or as I said have the pokemon game card have access that once put into the 4DS grants permission to access the bank from that device.

In this scenario I'm assuming that the 3DS-app Pokemon Bank has the potential to not interact with theoretical 4DS games

e: Also there's 0 proof for it but I still think that there will also be a browser version of Pokemon Bank that you can move, sort, etc pokemon around in

Syther

Y not?
The issue at hand here is that DS software and 3DS software can't communicate via linked play, which is to say you can't put a DS title in one 3DS, a 3DS game in a second 3DS and then have them communicate directly.

B/W2 and Dream Radar were a separate matter entirely.
It might be a separate matter, but it shows that Nintendo could have given us a free app that could have come with every card or download of the game. the free app having a limited capacity for holding pokemon (so as to encourage bank usage for bulk transfers), and would be able to pull pokemon out of any g5 game to allow transfer to X and Y. Something like a Poketransfer Lite.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It might be a separate matter, but it shows that Nintendo could have given us a free app that could have come with every card or download of the game. the free app having a limited capacity for holding pokemon (so as to encourage bank usage for bulk transfers), and would be able to pull pokemon out of any g5 game to allow transfer to X and Y. Something like a Poketransfer Lite.

As has been explained many times, had they done that there would be clones everywhere. That's why the storage is on the internet, where people can't just make copies of it.

Jinglefruit

Mad hatter
In this scenario I'm assuming that the 3DS-app Pokemon Bank has the potential to not interact with theoretical 4DS games

e: Also there's 0 proof for it but I still think that there will also be a browser version of Pokemon Bank that you can move, sort, etc pokemon around in

Isn't that the only thing we have confirmed though. Though if gen VII is also 3DS based I guess they could argue it was usable with future pokemon games.
That'd be cool, and would mean we'd have to have our own accounts. I did just weirdly envisage someone walking around with 3000 pokewalkers though. :p

I don't think the games can access the Bank at all. From the information we've got so far it seems like it's all done through the application.

I hope not, if you suddenly wanted to switch your team about with something stored that would mean you'd need to save and close, open bank, transfer, close bank and reload pokemon. I'm hoping it'll work like the GTS and just have a way of connecting online to move stuff to save time.

Status
Not open for further replies.