• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo_Mametchi

I know pokemon from the previous gen cannot be holding items when u transfer them to pokemon bank. But what about the pokemon from this gen? I was thinking the no items thing was to prevent us from trading items from different generations, which they never allow. But what pokemon gotten in this gen?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I know pokemon from the previous gen cannot be holding items when u transfer them to pokemon bank. But what about the pokemon from this gen? I was thinking the no items thing was to prevent us from trading items from different generations, which they never allow. But what pokemon gotten in this gen?

There can be no items stored in the Pokemon Bank at all.

Senrab

Wait, so we'll have to wait until the end of December to transfer Pokemon from old games? That's annoying. :/

1quacka1

Lazy Collector
At first I thought that the payment for cloud storage of pokemon is completely fair enough, there's many players who would benefit from that and the price is about right. However the majority of players only need the transfer feature and making them pay to do this is quite unfair as surely there could just be a transfer box stored on the 3DS itself. Then I realised that this would completely undermine the new security feature as it'd be all too easy to pop the data onto an SD card and edit the .pkms on a computer (the same point is more true for Gen6 pokemon stored locally).

I'm glad they're giving us 30 days free though, I shall be using it.

Delvonshi

Eh, I was adverse to it at first but since they are promoting it as a feature to be around for a long time™ I am pretty ok with it. I mean so long as they use the money to keep it up for a long time then from gen 6 onwards trading and keeping up with older version pokemon won't be as difficult. I mean I have been outta the game for a while but assuming you wanted a Zapdos from gen 1 *and assuming they never rereleased it as firered/leafgreen* it would be awfully difficult to get if you were a modest trader.

Another way to look at it is this, would you have payed 45 dollars for X and Y? I know I would have. It also opens up quite a bit of possibilities with the global link.. and alot easier overall use of online pokemon features. The only other thing I can add is how many of you bought pokemon radar? Very similar price overall for features on par with pokemon bank!

Threule

I just have this question: What if one of the GTS pokes is hacked? Will you just not be allowed to upload that one? Will you get banned?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Eh, I was adverse to it at first but since they are promoting it as a feature to be around for a long time™ I am pretty ok with it. I mean so long as they use the money to keep it up for a long time then from gen 6 onwards trading and keeping up with older version pokemon won't be as difficult. I mean I have been outta the game for a while but assuming you wanted a Zapdos from gen 1 *and assuming they never rereleased it as firered/leafgreen* it would be awfully difficult to get if you were a modest trader.

Another way to look at it is this, would you have payed 45 dollars for X and Y? I know I would have. It also opens up quite a bit of possibilities with the global link.. and alot easier overall use of online pokemon features. The only other thing I can add is how many of you bought pokemon radar? Very similar price overall for features on par with pokemon bank!

Pokemon Dream Radar and Pokemon Bank share zero similarities besides franchise.

I just have this question: What if one of the GTS pokes is hacked? Will you just not be allowed to upload that one? Will you get banned?

You wont be able to upload it, simple as that.

Delvonshi

They share 0 similarities? I'm not sure where you are drawing that from since they are both apps that are paid to use and involve the transfer of pokemon. Poke radar gives them to you and the bank stores them. They are both used for interaction with the pokemon game and cost money. I'm sorry if you didn't understand the reference was based upon paying extra money for further features in a pokemon game o_O.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
They share 0 similarities? I'm not sure where you are drawing that from since they are both apps that are paid to use and involve the transfer of pokemon. Poke radar gives them to you and the bank stores them. They are both used for interaction with the pokemon game and cost money. I'm sorry if you didn't understand the reference was based upon paying extra money for further features in a pokemon game o_O.

Pokemon Dream Radar is a game that you buy once, you can get some Pokemon to send to your game if you play it enough. Pokemon Bank is a storage system that you pay for yearly. It used for depositing and withdrawing Pokemon. Very different.

Delvonshi

And yet.. both require investment for additional ingame advantages. Both add to game for a fee. That was the purpose of adding that to the point. Those are the similarities they share.. they are different and serve two different purposes but in the end are paid for content. One does have an upkeep though which does make it less attractive but its use is far more extensive so.. yeah.

gtompkins48

Considering how almost every non-legendary pokemon is available post elite 4, I may only have to transfer my legendaries and starters!!

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
Considering how almost every non-legendary pokemon is available post elite 4, I may only have to transfer my legendaries and starters!!

Not everything, a lot of pokes are still hard to get in X and Y. Although the Friend Safari will be a big help.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
All I hope for is that neither Poké Transporter or transferring non-Kalos Dex pokémon are locked until after defeating the Elite 4

Step 1: Collect small change on the ground

Step 2: Pay for Pokemon cloud storage for a year.

Did Nintendo say anything about Box Trades? Like, instead of trading individual Pokemon, you load up a PC box and swap it with a friends, and get all the pokes stored in there.

That would make completing the National Dex be like a dream.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
Step 1: Collect small change on the ground

Step 2: Pay for Pokemon cloud storage for a year.

Did Nintendo say anything about Box Trades? Like, instead of trading individual Pokemon, you load up a PC box and swap it with a friends, and get all the pokes stored in there.

That would make completing the National Dex be like a dream.

Nothing like that but you can with Pokemon bank trade between games using one system. Upload to Pokemon bank and then download to the other game.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
All I hope for is that neither Poké Transporter or transferring non-Kalos Dex pokémon are locked until after defeating the Elite 4

No, it's accessible from the start.

Nothing like that but you can with Pokemon bank trade between games using one system. Upload to Pokemon bank and then download to the other game.

It's not really trading, you're not exchanging anything.

1quacka1

Lazy Collector

erm.. it's impossible to get a gen1 Zapdos in gen3 onwards, I doubt a system like this woud have changed that, they completely reworked the pokemon data structure (for the better)

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
It's not really trading, you're not exchanging anything.

Thats true but you still won't need to use 2 systems to get Pokemon from 1 game to another.

WarpAvP2

Myvotri Varefar
I find this to be a complete slap in our face. It may sound like a good idea in some way, but in the end it is not. Here are the reasons:

Previous games already didn't let you trade your pokemon until post-game.
Previous games and this game require you to have X Amount of badges to have your pokemon obey you.
WHat's the point of those? It ties with the arguments about experiencing the new games with the pokemon in it and not your own for a while.

The problem? They control you. We have all just lost the option to experience the game content with our favorites until we are allowed. No previous game has controlled me like that.

Not to mention there's a cheap-CHEAP fee. But it is a FEE regardless. What does that mean? Say hello to poke-microtransactions soon to come. Say hi to DLC content and paid materiel. (Exaggerating)

I would not complain if this was set 2-3 WEEKS after the title release. But 2 months is too long for me. I'm impatient. And I have every right to be. Waited since Black 2 to play this game with my pokefriends. Now I have to wait longer. I have no motivation to continue this games content after I received a ribbon from a maiden on my frogadier and am not sure I'll ever get that again.

That's garbage in my opinion. I will use the trial for 30 days, and never touch that scam again. Why do they need to milk us (even if it's like ~00.013(cents)x500,000(estimated players) a day (over a year)=$6,500 a day/2,372,500 a year?) They aren't Blizzard Entertainment.

randomspot555

I find this to be a complete slap in our face. It may sound like a good idea in some way, but in the end it is not. Here are the reasons:

Previous games already didn't let you trade your pokemon until post-game.
Previous games and this game require you to have X Amount of badges to have your pokemon obey you.
WHat's the point of those? It ties with the arguments about experiencing the new games with the pokemon in it and not your own for a while.

By the time this is out, most people will be well into their post-game activities.

The problem? They control you. We have all just lost the option to experience the game content with our favorites until we are allowed. No previous game has controlled me like that.

What are you blathering about? No one is forcing you to transfer stuff as soon as possible. You are free to enjoy the games and transfer them whenever you want.

Not to mention there's a cheap-CHEAP fee. But it is a FEE regardless. What does that mean? Say hello to poke-microtransactions soon to come. Say hi to DLC content and paid materiel. (Exaggerating)

Feel free to take a stand against these horrible, money grubbing practices and promptly sell your Nintendo and Pokemon products and vow to never buy another one ever again.

I would not complain if this was set 2-3 WEEKS after the title release. But 2 months is too long for me. I'm impatient. And I have every right to be. Waited since Black 2 to play this game with my pokefriends. Now I have to wait longer. I have no motivation to continue this games content after I received a ribbon from a maiden on my frogadier and am not sure I'll ever get that again.

You being impatient sounds like a personal problem. There's plenty of content in the game to hold anyone over. And if there isn't, maybe Pokemon isn't the game for you. Go play something else, or something else maybe even unrelated to video games.

That's garbage in my opinion. I will use the trial for 30 days, and never touch that scam again. Why do they need to milk us (even if it's like ~00.013(cents)x500,000(estimated players) a day (over a year)=$6,500 a day/2,372,500 a year?) They aren't Blizzard Entertainment.

Again, please, take a stand against these horrible money grubbing, nickel and diming practices, and promptly sell your $130-200 console and $40 game(s). Someone must take a stand against these horrible practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.