• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

logo.png

transporter.png

Pokemon Bank/PokeTransporter FAQs
What is Pokemon Bank?
:: Pokémon Bank is an application and service for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y that will allow you to deposit, store, and manage your Pokémon in private Boxes on the Internet. It allows you to store up to 3,000 Pokémon for access at any point in time. It can be used immediately after download. It requires an internet connection.

What is PokeTransporter?
:: PokeTransporter is a 3DS companion app that works with Pokemon Bank that lets you transfer Pokemon from Black, White, Black 2, and White 2 Games. It will not work on games prior to Gen V.

Can I buy PokeTransporter separately?
:: No. After downloading Pokémon Bank, you can download PokeTransporter for no charge.

When will it come out?
:: It is due for release in North America and Europe on December 27th. December 25th in Japan.

Does it have a trial period? How much is the annual fee?
:: It comes with a 30 day free pass if you download and play the application before February 1, 2014. From then on, if you wish to use the services, including Poke Transporter, you will need to pay a yearly fee of $4.99. Fee in Europe is not yet announced.

Is the Bank limited to just one copy of the game?
:: No. You can deposit and withdraw Pokémon from different copies of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Just insert your game (either retail or download version), and open the Pokemon Bank application.

Can we transfer Eggs?
:: We don't know yet.

Will I be able to transfer illegal/hacked Pokemon?
:: If you somehow find yourself being unable to transfer some of the Pokemon, it is possible that the Pokemon is illegal/hacked.

What Pokemon are considered illegal/hacked?
:: Some examples include Pokemon created using custom Pokemon generators, or Pokemon with abilities or moves that it should not have, etc. However, we currently don't know how tight the security will be.

Why does Pokémon Bank have a yearly fee of $4.99?
:: Nintendo is offering this service over the long term, which means management and maintenance will be necessary to ensure that everyone can store their Pokémon online and that the service will be compatible with future Pokémon games. The annual fee will support this maintenance.

What happens to my Pokémon if the trial period ends or my paid pass expires? Will I lose my Pokemon?
:: There are currently no details about this.

Can I use Pokemon Bank to evolve Pokemon that require Trade evolution methods?
:: No.

Is this app necessary to for a full gameplay experience?
:: No. You can fully enjoy the game without these apps.

Can I transfer Pokemon from the bank back into my Gen V games?
:: No, you cannot.

Is Pokemon XY backwards compatible?
:: No, it is not.

Check the main site for more info:
:: http://www.pokemonbank.com/en-us/faq/
::http://www.pokemonbank.com/en-us/

:: http://www.serebii.net/bank
:: http://www.serebii.net/xy/poketransporter.shtml

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
If you can't afford this for $5, then dont buy the $40 game!! That is all.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
Carrying over from the previous thread.

Could they not simply make a free version that has only transfer features and not cloud features? That's the only part of this that needs to be free.

It is free. You just need Pokemon Bank in order to use it. ;)

And back to my point about McDonald's: Should I file a compliant and/or call the police since this extortion? I want my free ranch packets back. Do you think the police and my sole complain will change what a global fast food company charges for ranch? I mean, clearly they are violently and illegally extorting money from me, if the actual definition holds true. McDonald's is intimating me to pay 25 cents for a ranch packet. I am surprised a group of elitist, free ranch packet advocates haven't stormed the halls of McDonald's Headquarters demanding ranch, while costly to produce, be free of charge for all customers. I don't like how McDonald's is threatening me. Clearly a case of old-fashioned extortion.

It's not about affording, it is about the principle of SPENDING your money. Some people would rather spend their 5$ on something else ya know and they are entitled to share their opinions. Don't compare spendig money on Pokémon Bank with an actual Pokémon game, it somehow doesn't make any sense.

You're right. People would rather spend $7-$10 a month each on stuff like Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Spotify instead of paying $5 a year for Pokemon Cloud storage.

Hopefully the starving children in Africa don't catch wind of this.

Torpoleon

It's $5 a year, right? That's a really great price for this and something Xbox Live can learn a thing or two from.

I'm happy that you don't even need 2 3DS for this, so that's going to be pretty helpful. I guess you'll be able to transfer over as many as you want, with no restrictions like the once a day thing from the Pal Park or the 6 at a time thing.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
It's not worth the money to me. The only use I have for this system is to transfer. It's not like I breed a lot or anything, the PC boxes within the game are fine for my needs. I'll just transfer my Pokemon from White 2 during the free trial and be done with it.

Smeargle1987

Reckless Trainer
Carrying over from previous thread:

If hack check scans for abilities, natures and stats etc. But all I'm talking about is the offspring of a Pokemon caught using a wild Pokemon modifier code.
Who cares-people will always cheat.I dont see the problem with it as long as the Pokemon have got the legal stats/moves/abilities etc and they are not being used in Official Tournaments.

I have used a code device in the past to generate a pokemon I wanted thats only available near the end of the game (Gible for example) so I get it near the start-my reason:I like to feel a bond with it all the way through,especially if I have my dream team in mind. When it comes to tournaments I put them in the box and use my legal back up team.

Back on topic:
My main concern with this box thing is its all very well having it and charging for it,but what if the real reason its been released is because there isnt that much PC storage available in game compared to past Generations? Remember,this game will take up more memory than any other Pokemon game before it in terms of the main series

Gabry00023

One question; If I delete my X&Y file and restart the game, can I still have access to my Pokémon Bank account?

Torpoleon

One question; If I delete my X&Y file and restart the game, can I still have access to my Pokémon Bank account?
Yeah, I think Pokémon saved in the bank can be transferred to any X or Y game.

Akashin

The Bank account seems to be unattached to your X/Y game, just accessible by it. So yes, you would still have access to it.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I will say that as people have said, things like xbox live/Netflix/etc. people are fine with. Therefore if people will buy the games themselves, they could spend the $5 a year for the storage. It really is not that much.

EDIT: I knew that if I were to answer that guy's question, that I would be ninja'd :p. So I chose not to.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Another question: It only requires a cartridge for Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 to transport the pokemon to Pokemon Bank, right? Does it also require a cartridge for Pokemon X and Y as well, since there will be players around the world like me who will digitally download the game via eShop?

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I was initially VERY opposed to this, but when the price came out, I have softened my stance. I think there are pros and cons.

+Seems like an incredibly easy and fast way to transfer program.
+Cloud service, whatever the hell that is. I have never used a cloud service in my life. *shrug* So it might be nice? I dunno.
+The price is VERY right. Fair and inexpensive
+Could be a building block for years to come.
+A ton of storage for people who need it.

-I HONESTLY feel like this is the first step in a bad direction: mini-transactions. How long until they start charging for event pokemon or in-game content?
-Poke-transfer should still have a free method, even if it is slow and clumsy like previous generations. If the cloud service is so good, people will still pay for it and support the new system, but I really disagree with forcing players into it for one service they all want that has been free for years.
-Connectivity. I know it SEEMS trivial in this day-and-age, but not EVERYONE who plays pokemon has easy/convenient access to Wi-Fi. Some areas of the country still have a hard time getting those types of services. (Oh, and look! I was right about this one WAAAAYYY back in September. Nintendo never learned the lesson of Diablo and Sim City: If your servers can't yet handle so many people logging on at once, you maybe aren't at the technological point of making online functionaslity mandatory).

There are more pros than cons, but I feel the cons are more relevant than the pros. So I don't know. It is what it is, though.

Last edited:

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
[ACE] Zero;16356386 said:
If you can't afford this for $5, then dont buy the $40 game!! That is all.
A little extreme they can still get the game, just don't transfer your old pokemon.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Before you delete your game, you might wanna store some of your Pokemon into the bank. Saves you effort.

Daisukereds

They should really make an app to store Pokemon on the SD card as well, so we don't have to pay, or have them on a Server. I would feel better having them locally, and whenever I need them. Not with internet connection.. but I like the idea of Bank too.

Torpoleon

Another question: It only requires a cartridge for Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 to transport the pokemon to Pokemon Bank, right? Does it also require a cartridge for Pokemon X and Y as well, since there will be players around the world like me who will digitally download the game via eShop?
I assume having a digital copy of the games would be OK. Not sure why they'd make digital owners miss out on this.

Gabry00023

Thank you all. And how do I access my Pokémon Bank account. They give a password or something?

Last edited:

Torpoleon

Thank you all. And do I access my Pokémon Bank account. They give a password or something?
I don't think they said anything about that. Really not sure, honestly. We'll know more about this feature soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.