• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually not completely sure if I'm going to use it or not.

I may use the free trial to transfer some of my Pokemon. But truth be told, I kind of want to keep a lot of my teams with their respective trainers.

Regality

Digital King
Hopefully transferring without PokeBank (if you can) will not cost anything..

Akashin

So what? That has nothing to do with it. Just another ridiculous post.

How does that have nothing to do with it? Before now there were people who couldn't afford a second system and thus couldn't transfer at all, who will now be able to do so like everybody else for a negligible price. Yeah being made to pay for something that was free (provided you had a second system or somebody to trade with) sucks, but it's just a shifting of who is getting the short end of the stick. Plus the extra storage and the promise of future compatibility, if either matter to you (the latter does to me, less so the former).

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
I'm actually not completely sure if I'm going to use it or not.

I may use the free trial to transfer some of my Pokemon. But truth be told, I kind of want to keep a lot of my teams with their respective trainers.
I like to keep some of them with their orginal trainer too but, I wanna see them all in 3D :p

Ditto24

Monster guy:
Wow! I will do the same too, thank you for making it easier for me, I find it redicilious to pay just to transfer my pokemon when we used to do that for free.

Still cheaper and better than having to by another console.

Why are people determined to stay in the past for as long as possible. GF didn't have to even provide this service.

Aegon

I'm so glad these features are going to be implemented, but I would have preferred it if they were part of the game or made available for free (perhaps not the storage system, but certainly the transfer capabilities). The price is extremely acceptable and understandable, especially as it's a yearly fee, but I still feel it should be provided with the game. The situation could be much worse, so I'm not going to really complain. It's not that big of a deal and I don't even know if I'll bother to use it.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I really hope that the existence of pokemon bank doesn't mean that there isn't much storage space ingame.
Game Freak has always given us plenty of store space for all the Pokemon in the National Dex adding on a couple boxes to boot. Currently in B2/W2 there's 24 boxes in the PC take that times 30 and you got room for 720 Pokemon.
I'm sure with X and Y depending upon how many Pokemon their adding they'll give us plenty fill up the entire National Dex, and then give us another two on top of that. They wouldn't force people into using the Pokemon Bank but plenty of players will undoubtedly use it. I know I will cause I keep running out of room in the PC when I'm breeding, I have to spend some time releasing Pokemon just to free up space XD

Ditto24

Nothing lasts forever. The moment X and Y become outdated, there's only a couple of years left on those servers before they're shut down or wiped for the new games. Everyone's data will be lost. Pretty **** move if you ask me.

The moment X and Y will be out dated Pokemon Bank will just get updated...

There are still sites dedicated to old DS games up. It's going nowhere xD

Regality

Digital King
Transferring takes the Pokémon from the Gen V games and puts them in a Pokémon Bank box

Ah, so Pokemon Bank is required..
Well the price is not that much, so I guess I may as well get it.

If there is no mini-game required, I will be very happy. I always hated pal park and the Poke transfer game.

fitzy909

Just another guy
Hopefully transferring without PokeBank (if you can) will not cost anything..
No, you will need to have pokemon bank for transfer. But it is better than not being able to transfer. We still don't know the price for the ANNUAL fee. It won't be extortionate.

rocky505

I was just on Gamefaqs and there are threads about boycotting Bank lmao. It's not hard to cough up 5 bucks within a year.

Ditto24

Dont even go on the whole "old players cant except change" train...we dont need this.

'We' meaning who exactly??

First off GF did not have to do this, they didn't try anything between Gen 2 and Gen 3 so it wouldn't have been unheard of. This allows people to keep there pokemon which is what everyone wanted. This also keeps B/W/B2/W2 alive, coz I imagine now that alot of people don't want to restart their games coz they would lose lots of Pokemon. Trade them to Bank are you're good to start up again.

When you say isn't needed, is that actually the Cloud idea or just the idea that you have to pay for it???

I was just on Gamefaqs and there are threads about boycotting Bank lmao. It's not hard to cough up 5 bucks within a year.

I'm actually kind of excited for people being absolutely unreasonable. It will be like when the 2DS was released, but possibly even crazier and more unreasonable.

Akashin

First off GF did not have to do this, they didn't try anything between Gen 2 and Gen 3 so it wouldn't have been unheard of. This allows people to keep there pokemon which is what everyone wanted. This also keeps B/W/B2/W2 alive, coz I imagine now that alot of people don't want to restart their games coz they would lose lots of Pokemon. Trade them to Bank are you're good to start up again.

When you say isn't needed, is that actually the Cloud idea or just the idea that you have to pay for it???

I think he meant that we don't need claims of people being against this being "old players who can't except change". And I do agree, as the reasons to dislike this are valid to an extent (having to pay for what was free does suck, even if I'm perfectly fine with it for reasons I've already expressed).

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Plus, we'll all be paying $40 for the game anyway, so what's five more? (And this is coming from someone who has been impoverished for just about his entire life.) 365 days to come up with five dollars. You could literally scrounge around for pennies for a day and still come up with that much.

Not to mention the fact that they're offering a trail run...

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
No kidding, it's just $5 a year. Pretty ridiculous that their complaining about having to pay for it when they go out and buy $160-$200 system plus $40 game, and then there's others that buy two systems and both games(like me, eventually anyways) which doubles the amount to around $360-$440. So really $5 a year shouldn't be such a problem for them.

Sara Hysaro

Its cheap but its not worth it :p, just transfer your pokemon in the free trial

I personally think it's worth it to those who trust the service's ability to keep their Pokémon safe. I personally don't have any need or want to store my Pokémon online indefinitely, but I like to replay my older games often. I'll transfer a bunch of my Pokémon up during the free trial, and then pay $5 whenever I accumulate enough Pokémon to justify transferring again. Cheap, easy, and worth the money in my eyes. :)

They had something similar to this during Gen 3, now that I think about it. Maybe someday when they iron out everything they'll make a permanent version of Pokémon Bank + Poké Transporter? If this is going to be a feature for all the new generations then it'd be nice to pay a flat 1 time fee (even if it's rather pricey) to have it forever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.