• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer
'We' meaning who exactly??

First off GF did not have to do this, they didn't try anything between Gen 2 and Gen 3 so it wouldn't have been unheard of. This allows people to keep there pokemon which is what everyone wanted. This also keeps B/W/B2/W2 alive, coz I imagine now that alot of people don't want to restart their games coz they would lose lots of Pokemon. Trade them to Bank are you're good to start up again.

When you say isn't needed, is that actually the Cloud idea or just the idea that you have to pay for it???

"we dont need this" was talking about "Dont even go on the whole "old players cant except change" train". lol You were way off.

Ditto24

Plus, we'll all be paying $40 for the game anyway, so what's five more? (And this is coming from someone who has been impoverished for just about his entire life.) 365 days to come up with five dollars. You could literally scrounge around for pennies for a day and still come up with that much.

Not to mention the fact that they're offering a trail run...

Exactly, if you only want to use it the once then you can quickly upload everything and be done with it. But I imagine GF will also do some other pay offs for people who use it. Maybe download Event Pokemon straight into your Bank?

"we dont need this" was talking about "Dont even go on the whole "old players cant except change" train". lol You were way off.

I misunderstood so sorry for that. But you still couldn't respond to what I wrote so, I'll live.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
I gotta be honest, when I saw that this service costs 500 yen a year I was a little worried. That is of course, until I went to a currency converter on google lol. 500 yen is about 3.80 euro lol or about 5 dollars PER YEAR, which I am more than happy to pay to finally have a separate storage system for my pokemon!

So let me get this 100% straight... I could play my X and Y games (I'll probably get both) finish them completely, store all my important pokemon, then restart a new game without losing my pokemon? I have been looking for this feature for YEARS. I'm hoping that's how it works anyways!

Akashin

I gotta be honest, when I saw that this service costs 500 yen a year I was a little worried. That is of course, until I went to a currency converter on google lol. 500 yen is about 3.80 euro lol or about 5 dollars PER YEAR, which I am more than happy to pay to finally have a separate storage system for my pokemon!

So let me get this 100% straight... I could play my X and Y games (I'll probably get both) finish them completely, store all my important pokemon, then restart a new game without losing my pokemon? I have been looking for this feature for YEARS. I'm hoping that's how it works anyways!

That's my understanding of it. Or alternatively, start a game to get a Starter, store it, restart and repeat to get all of the Starters. Unless there's an in-game restriction on when you can start accessing the Bank, or something.

Griever789

I don't think it that unreasonable to be afraid of some of the implecations of this service. Yeah it five dollars a year but I think a lot of people are more afraid of if they charge you for transfering, what else will they charge you for in the future. I think that is a somewhat reasonable concern considering some of the practices of today's industry.

Sara Hysaro

That's my understanding of it. Or alternatively, start a game to get a Starter, store it, restart and repeat to get all of the Starters. Unless there's an in-game restriction on when you can start accessing the Bank, or something.

They'll probably let you access it as soon as you can trade Pokémon.

I didn't think of that! Now that you mention it, that's awesome! I will get the privilege of playing through my game as much as I want, without having to buy another game. This is so cool! I might actually use it now, if that's the case.

Ditto24

Oh look! Someone who actually gets what this is all about instead of moaning about pennies :D

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
Like seriously $5 a year isn't asking much!

Them people should resist buying them pack of cigarette and gum for a day then you're set for a Pokemon Bank for a year!

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I'm kind of hopping so too. I've been getting both games in each Gen because every now and then I like to restart the games for fun. But I don't like to lose my Pokemon, I want to keep my in-game teams as well as the event Pokemon.
If you can just put them all in the Pokemon Bank and restart the games with no problem then later get your Pokemon back. That would be the best :D

Seil

I'm kind of hopping so too. I've been getting both games in each Gen because every now and then I like to restart the games for fun. But I don't like to lose my Pokemon, I want to keep my in-game teams as well as the event Pokemon.
If you can just put them all in the Pokemon Bank and restart the games with no problem then later get your Pokemon back. That would be the best :D

It's pretty much guaranteed that this will work as the site even says:

If the worst were to somehow happen and you lost your copy of Pokémon X or Pokémon Y, your Pokémon would still be safe and ready to be withdrawn to a new game if they were deposited to Pokémon Bank!

I went from being neutral about the feature to loving it in the past 10 minutes.

Well played, Gamefreak, well played.

Regality

Digital King
Like seriously $5 a year isn't asking much!

Them people should resist buying them pack of cigarette and gum for a day then you're set for a Pokemon Bank for a year!

Tell that to the children in Africa! :'(

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
the fact that I have to pay for something that was previously free for me seems pretty BS?
Except you're not paying for something that was originally free. Yes, transferring has been free, but this is also extra storage, all of which (Pokemon Box & My Pokemon Ranch) have always cost extra. And they even cover that with the free month trial version. Don't care about storage? Transfer all your 'mons in the first month and you're golden. A pretty damn good deal, I'd say.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
$5 is good enough for me so long as my Lopunny can join me in my adventures ^^.

And the prevention of hacked pokemon is a huge plus too!

Regality

Digital King
Except you're not paying for something that was originally free. Yes, transferring has been free, but this is also extra storage, all of which (Pokemon Box & My Pokemon Ranch) have always cost extra. And they even cover that with the free month trial version. Don't care about storage? Transfer all your 'mons in the first month and you're golden. A pretty damn good deal, I'd say.

Hmmm, it basically kinda screws over anyone that only wants to be able to transfer, by making something that was previously free cost money.

But yeah, it is not all that much money.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I didn't think of that! Now that you mention it, that's awesome! I will get the privilege of playing through my game as much as I want, without having to buy another game. This is so cool! I might actually use it now, if that's the case.

I have always bought two games to solve this problem. I have always played one all the way through and then store all my pokemon on that one game. then the second one I would play for the rest of the time and transfer to the first Game. So in a way I used that first game every generation as a Pokemon Bank. Now I'll just use Pokemon Bank so I can play both games if I want to.

Alli

To those of you who are afraid that GF will charge for DLC: They won't! Masuda has said that they won't charge for DLC. The Pokémon Bank isn't DLC, it is an app, just like the Dream Radar was. If Masuda says DLC will be free, it will be!

Status
Not open for further replies.