• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell-Bowman

I was a bit apprehensive about the Pokemon Bank thing at first, because I didn't really get why there has to be a separate app when there can just be something in-game like the Pal Park or the Poke Transfer Lab (unless there's something in the 3DS' technology that stops that), but I've decided I'll give the free trial a go when it begins by transferring over my current White 2 team.

BCVM22

because I didn't really get why there has to be a separate app when there can just be something in-game like the Pal Park or the Poke Transfer Lab (unless there's something in the 3DS' technology that stops that)

3DS games cannot communicate directly with DS games, even if the two hardwares are technically capable.

Furthermore, this method does not require a second 3DS unit.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah thats what I thought. Strange that theyre holding off transfers for a few months. Kinda wish they would make something to transfer pokemon from 4rth gen directly to 6th. Save the hassle. and no more mini games when transferring. :/ bleh

It's not being released until a couple months after the game because it's likely not finished at this point, they've been busy working on X/Y.

IMACHARIZARDGUY

Pokemon Master
might just have to get this bank thing or get Y and X and complete it fast within the trial period and transfer all the pokemon onto one game. That is if there are not going to be event exclusive pokemon (which im sure there will be )

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
might just have to get this bank thing or get Y and X and complete it fast within the trial period and transfer all the pokemon onto one game. That is if there are not going to be event exclusive pokemon (which im sure there will be )

You'll have about 3 month to "prep" X & Y before they allow you to buy Pokémon Bank.

R_N

It's not being released until a couple months after the game because it's likely not finished at this point, they've been busy working on X/Y.
I'm also willing to bet they want to make sure the servers won't break instantaneously
Can't have a redo of the original global link launch, after all.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm also willing to bet they want to make sure the servers won't break instantaneously
Can't have a redo of the original global link launch, after all.

That will happen. No matter what companies do, every time they release some online service the servers break on day one, without exception.

Necrobat

Competitive hopeful
That will happen. No matter what companies do, every time they release some online service the servers break on day one, without exception.

Yup, and it doesn't matter how much experience you have with it; internal testing just doesn't give the stress test releasing it to the masses does. Look at new WoW patches for example; 9 years on and the servers still lag beyond belief on patch day.

The last thing any of us want is outages and crashes; ESPECIALLY when we're in the middle of transfer things off-game. Lets just hope it'll work like trading does and wait for confirmation from the server before clearing the data from the game.

R_N

Well yeah probably

but if they can prevent going down for even one less hour it will probably be worth it

blackbox64

If I miss the trial period (which i doubt I will) I'll most likely sell Y when I compete it. I have some very strong Pokemon on White 2 and If I can't get to them there's no point in me playing the new games. This is kinda a deal breaker Nintendo. They should make the transfer tool 100% free as a separate download.

A question as well, If you are unable to pay when it stops being a trail do you lose access to your stored pokemon? The that's true Nintendo is going to get a lot of hate mail.

DryBones

Event Collector
If I miss the trial period (which i doubt I will) I'll most likely sell Y when I compete it. I have some very strong Pokemon on White 2 and If I can't get to them there's no point in me playing the new games. This is kinda a deal breaker Nintendo. They should make the transfer tool 100% free as a separate download.

A question as well, If you are unable to pay when it stops being a trail do you lose access to your stored pokemon? The that's true Nintendo is going to get a lot of hate mail.

They'll freeze your account until you pay for another subscription. Your data will stay saved on their servers for some kind of grace period (Probably like a year or something)
There's no way they'll start deleting people's pokemon because of the trial/a late payment.

IMACHARIZARDGUY

Pokemon Master
tbh if its just $5 or pounds or euros a year then its not too bad. I like most other people i think will just complete the games and transfer all the pokemon relatively quickly and then cancel their subscription once they have all their pokemon on one game, if the PC boxes will take 700+ pokemon. Or just their favourite pokemon atleast

DryBones

Event Collector
tbh if its just $5 or pounds or euros a year then its not too bad. I like most other people i think will just complete the games and transfer all the pokemon relatively quickly and then cancel their subscription once they have all their pokemon on one game, if the PC boxes will take 700+ pokemon. Or just their favourite pokemon atleast

I imagine I'll use the trial then buy a year's sub just so I know its there and readily accessible as I plan to be playing XY a lot next year :)

BCVM22

They should make the transfer tool 100% free as a separate download.

Poké Transporter exists for the specific and sole purpose of taking your Pokémon from a Generation V game and shunting them one-way to the Pokémon Bank. It can't exist as a separate download because it's a specific function of the Bank itself.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
They'll freeze your account until you pay for another subscription. Your data will stay saved on their servers for some kind of grace period (Probably like a year or something)
There's no way they'll start deleting people's pokemon because of the trial/a late payment.

Grace period probably wont be that long. One to three months is more likely.

Jb

Tsun in the streets

That could be fixed with a slow release. Only released in certain sections (Such as time Zones) and go one from there. Since most people will probably just import their 'mons from B/W, it shouldn't take more that an hour from eshop d/l to importing.

There will still be slowdown but nothing a couple minutes of waiting shouldn't fix.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
That could be fixed with a slow release. Only released in certain sections (Such as time Zones) and go one from there. Since most people will probably just import their 'mons from B/W, it shouldn't take more that an hour from eshop d/l to importing.

There will still be slowdown but nothing a couple minutes of waiting shouldn't fix.

Part of the strain will be lessened since it's not a simultaneous worldwide release. Japan getting it two days early will give them an idea, whether they can do anything in two days or not remains to be seen.

MrDuck

This Pokébank is good, I like it. Now when I start a new game, I can just bank some pokés that i don't want to lose like event pokémon without going through the hassle of finding someone to trade with and trade back.

The pokétransporter isn't important for me personally because I'll be starting with a clean sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.