• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Items can really alter the game play balance. I've played a game where I've had master balls and Full Restores and stuff at any opportunity that I'd want, the game was no challenge. You've been able to get as many items as you want want in every game since the DS was hackable.

The 3DS is most likey not going to be hacked for some time. The people who've tried to have found that we need two find really big numbers to the exact digit.

Aurath8

So essentially there is no source and none of us know. I'd also like to point out that most cloud storage services store things that actually take up server space.

To clarify, its not confirmed yet. That's just how we expect it to be once Pokemon Bank is released. I can't really argue that last point, since I have no idea what it actually costs to store data.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
What I want to know is whether your account is restricted to a single 3DS system or not. If I suddenly became unable to access my Pokémon Bank because my system got lost, stolen, broken, or simply got old, then I definitely wouldn't like it... and I believe that the same would go for a lot of other people.

Most likely not, since you'll have to have an account there's a good chance you can sign in on more than one system, not to mention it has to work for the next Nintendo handhelds as well.

I'm glad we finally got a US release date. A little later than expected, but it will be a nice late Christmas gift for myself.

No Pokebank till December?...
I guess that means the 6th gen metagame will move very slowly, of course that gives me time to get items in X and Y. And to breed Pokemon in White 2.
Looks like PO is only option guys, assuming GF prevents us from doing so.

It's the same time as everywhere else, what were you expecting?

*Facepalms* Seriously? Again? We can't transfer items again? What the heck does TrollFreak have against transferring items?

Then what happens to Mega Stones? Seriously, that is a huge drawback, I am not liking that at all.

Some items could be removed between new generations, so it makes sense you can't deposit Pokemon holding items.

Do you have a source for this? A pokemon uses up a pathetic amount of space...less than a kilobyte. It doesnt seem necessary to delete them after a lapse. I was under the impression that they would just bar access to the bank

If you think a company is going to allow you to use their service for free you are sorely mistaken. And yes, even if you're only storing minuscule amounts of data that adds up over hundreds of thousands of users.

gtompkins48

If you think a company is going to allow you to use their service for free you are sorely mistaken. And yes, even if you're only storing minuscule amounts of data that adds up over hundreds of thousands of users.

That's not a valid argument. Barred access to the bank is sufficient enough to stop people from "using their service for free." Like I said before, storage space is not an issue. 5 million players who have their boxes filled to the brink would only be using 700GB of data. My computer has more space than that.

I haven't paid my WoW subscription in years, and they havent deleted my characters, items, etc. Most subscription based online games are the same way. It is not far-fetched to think that the bank will be the same.

If GameFreak indeed deletes pokemon from lapsed accounts, it would purely be to blackmail people into continuing the service. There is no other reasonable excuse to do so.

But the reality is that nobody knows because we dont work for GameFreak. I dont think we should be making bold statements about the bank that we have no business making. There is nothing wrong with saying that we don't know.

Last edited:

Hasty

Moonside
You can't transfer items with PokeBank?... Great, it ruined my dreams of just easily starting the game from anew... -_-
They give us a cool feature like PokeBank, they give us Event-Megastones, they don't give us the ability to store items in PokeBank.

Aurath8

You can't transfer items with PokeBank?... Great, it ruined my dreams of just easily starting the game from anew... -_-
They give us a cool feature like PokeBank, they give us Event-Megastones, they don't give us the ability to store items in PokeBank.

Some items may have been removed from Gen5 to 6. Also, remember that Pokemon Bank is a long-term thing. It means GF don't have to program, say, Sport Balls into every subsequent game even if they're unused.

725roy

ambivolent
Have had had any info on when Pokemon Bank will go up? On launch or will we have to wait a month to transfer pokes?

Aurath8

Have had had any info on when Pokemon Bank will go up? On launch or will we have to wait a month to transfer pokes?

It has been announced that the storage app, Pokémon Bank, is due for release in North America on December 27th. With it comes a 30 day free pass if you download and play the application before February 1st. From then on, if you wish to use the services, including Poke Transporter, you will need to pay a yearly fee of $4.99.

Courtesy of the main site.

FireChick

December 27th is when it launches, and February 1st is when we use it and pay for it.

Speaking of paying, does it specify who to pay the $4.99 to and what means? Do we need to use a credit card?

randomspot555

That's not a valid argument. Barred access to the bank is sufficient enough to stop people from "using their service for free." Like I said before, storage space is not an issue. 5 million players who have their boxes filled to the brink would only be using 700GB of data. My computer has more space than that.

I haven't paid my WoW subscription in years, and they havent deleted my characters, items, etc. Most subscription based online games are the same way. It is not far-fetched to think that the bank will be the same.

If GameFreak indeed deletes pokemon from lapsed accounts, it would purely be to blackmail people into continuing the service. There is no other reasonable excuse to do so.

But the reality is that nobody knows because we dont work for GameFreak. I dont think we should be making bold statements about the bank that we have no business making. There is nothing wrong with saying that we don't know.

Game Freak, if they do end up deleting after a certain time of lapse payment, are not "blackmailing" you. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to see to it that you are paying for the service you're provided. If you are not going to renew your service after the free trial or after the annual fee, then you are given ample time to remove your stuff.

If Game Freak does end up deleting Pokemon from lapsed accounts, individual users will only have themselves to blame.

As others have said, this has consistently been described as cloud storage and not a game. Typical cloud storage deletes after 30 days of non payment

725roy

ambivolent
December 27th is when it launches, and February 1st is when we use it and pay for it.

Speaking of paying, does it specify who to pay the $4.99 to and what means? Do we need to use a credit card?

Ugh, that's really disappointing, because I'm going to want to transfer all my pokes within a week. Oh well. Time to catch them all again.

DanteKoriyu

Ugh. I was expecting to not have items transferred via Transporter, but not being able to deposit them in the Bank at all? That's just dumb.

I've always played Pokemon as a means to collect a "living dex", with all the various Pokemon, gender differences, forms, etc. Each generation decides to screw me over a little more each time by introducing new forms that can't be activated in a box, Mega Evolutions add to that too. But now the Bank won't even let me have half the various forms. So much for Nintendo and Game Freak letting you play the way you want. :/

gtompkins48

Game Freak, if they do end up deleting after a certain time of lapse payment, are not "blackmailing" you. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to see to it that you are paying for the service you're provided. If you are not going to renew your service after the free trial or after the annual fee, then you are given ample time to remove your stuff.

If Game Freak does end up deleting Pokemon from lapsed accounts, individual users will only have themselves to blame.

As others have said, this has consistently been described as cloud storage and not a game. Typical cloud storage deletes after 30 days of non payment

Like I said before, there is no reasonable excuse to delete them. I certainly understand that they have the right to do whatever they want, but considering the pathetically low storage requirement and the fact that they'll be receiving a ridiculous profit from this, I don't expect them to. Stopping someone from being able to access the bank until they've paid is good enough. But the point of my original post was to point out that none of us have any credentials to say what GameFreak will or will not do. We're simply spectators.

And I know that the bank is considered a "cloud service" but it is silly to compare it to legitimate cloud services. Those services store data that actually takes up space. Storing someone's 100 kilobyte pokemon collection is not really an accurate comparison.

JTrainer

Pokemon SwordMaster
Would RNGed pokemon count as hacked?

I certainly hope not, as a majority of my pokemon in my 5th gen games are RNGed. If it prevents me from transferring over all my RNGed pokemon, then my time in Black, Black 2 and White 2 will have been a big waste of time and effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.