• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It's not like there already are easily-available methods of cloning nearly any Pokémon in Gen III, IV and V, right?
If Animal Crossing could have something that constantly checked your save file to see if you changed anything in the SD card and deleted everything if you tampered with your data, a Pokétransfer app could have done the same.

Those generations are not this one, as well, copying data does not modify it in any way. If the data was stored on the SD card you could make copies of it forever and it would be impossible for the 3DS/App to know.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I don't really see why people make such a big deal about cloning. If they aren't hacked, who cares if pokemon are duplicatse? Didn't pokemon the first movie teach people anything?

I wouldn't mind someone making a copy of their pokemon before trading it to me. I think I might even give cloning a try on as much of my white 2 living dex as I can before I transfer it to pokemon bank just so I don't completely empty my pc on white 2.

BCVM22

If they aren't hacked, who cares if pokemon are duplicatse?

They weren't obtained legitimately by any sanctioned means. Simple as that. Cloning is not a sanctioned game mechanic. If someone doesn't have a problem with a cloned Pokémon, that's their choice, but let's not pretend it's something that everyone should be and/or is automatically okay with.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
This is going to be a true test over which one of your traded shinies from online are legit or not. :p

I don't really see why people make such a big deal about cloning. If they aren't hacked, who cares if pokemon are duplicatse? Didn't pokemon the first movie teach people anything?

I wouldn't mind someone making a copy of their pokemon before trading it to me. I think I might even give cloning a try on as much of my white 2 living dex as I can before I transfer it to pokemon bank just so I don't completely empty my pc on white 2.

Only problem with cloning I had was that it could only be exploited in the GTS...and we all know what that problem is specifically.

And what BCVM said.

LassGabby

I wish I was a tree.
Do we know if Pokémon stored in the Bank and transferred back to your game will act like they were traded from someone else? (not obeying until you have enough badges, not being able to change their nicknames)
Or do the Pokémon stored in our Bank "remember" that they belong to us?

BCVM22

One would think that Pokémon will be defined by their OT number like always, but that falls into the same category as most of these questions, i.e. without both X/Y and Bank in hand (figuratively), that can't be answered.

One would think that Pokémon will be defined by their OT number like always, but that falls into the same category as most of these questions, i.e. without both X/Y and Bank in hand (figuratively), that can't be answered.

I don't think so. I think you just sign into your bank with your username and password and you have access.

I mean isn't the point that you can take it from any game you want?

Neo_Mametchi

For those of you who are getting the digital copyiI'm a little curious. Will it be possible to easily get the starters & other stuff by re-downloading the game to another sd card then using pokemon bank or something?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
For those of you who are getting the digital copyiI'm a little curious. Will it be possible to easily get the starters & other stuff by re-downloading the game to another sd card then using pokemon bank or something?

Your save file is stored on the 3DS, not the SD card, so you'd still have to restart your game.

FireChick

Exactly HOW do you pay the $5 fee? Credit card? And where do you pay it? The eShop?

pikkichu

Though we dont need 2 3ds' to trade and transfer Pokemon, you do need 2 3ds' and both games to store your version exclusive items on one of the games so you can restart one of them to get extra legends/stones, that's why I decided to just buy both games

randomspot555

Though we dont need 2 3ds' to trade and transfer Pokemon, you do need 2 3ds' and both games to store your version exclusive items on one of the games so you can restart one of them to get extra legends/stones, that's why I decided to just buy both games

Give people a while and most players will have a ton of items to trade via Wi-Fi to those that need it. At least Bank negates Pokemon storage and allows people to easily re-set their games without losing their Pokemon.

pikkichu

Give people a while and most players will have a ton of items to trade via Wi-Fi to those that need it. At least Bank negates Pokemon storage and allows people to easily re-set their games without losing their Pokemon.
Well if they only have Y and had all the stones and didn't want to search again theyd have to trade all their stones to someone else to hold for them and then restart the game and trade to get the stones back which is risky and time consuming :| dunno, just seems like an inconvenience to not be able to store items

ReddShope

Arc Lord
My only issue is having to pay to transfer my pokes if I don't do it within 30 days. From what I understand this will be a much faster system though, correct? As in you should be able to transfer multiple pokes at once quickly without the need for that godawful, tedious mini-game.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
My only issue is having to pay to transfer my pokes if I don't do it within 30 days. From what I understand this will be a much faster system though, correct? As in you should be able to transfer multiple pokes at once quickly without the need for that godawful, tedious mini-game.

You can transfer whole boxes at a time. And as was explained before, it's far more expensive to transfer Pokemon previously than this method.

Status
Not open for further replies.