• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bushie

i'm definitely going to subscribe i only need just over 200 mons to complete my pokedex, also don't we get a 30 day free trial or something

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
i'm definitely going to subscribe i only need just over 200 mons to complete my pokedex, also don't we get a 30 day free trial or something

Yes there is.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
In terms of the hack check that Pokémon Bank will have. I know they nobody actually knows the EXACT method of hack check it will have, but consider this:

Wish is a fairly common move on a competitive Blissey. Considering the only way to get Wish on a Blissey (at the moment anyway) is from a 2006 event, chances are most people are going to trade over their hacked Blissey with Wish (unless they have an event Blissey, but chances are they won't because their IV's will be garbage). If those Blissey are denied entry into the Pokémon Bank, great. If they are able to get through though, it will beg the question of how efficient the hack check is. Obviously this is all pure speculation at this point but I thought it was worth considering.

As a side note, I am aware that if you ARE lucky enough to still have your 2006 NYC Wish Blissey around, with the new Gen VI breeding mechanics it is entirely possible to breed Wish onto Blissey legitimately . But my only fear is that if hacked Wish Blissey ARE able to go through Poké Transporter, how can you tell the difference between hacked and event?

randomspot555

Your question is answered the same way the last several dozen questions have been answered: We don't know, and do you really think they're going to spell out what their legality check checks for?

TeamTurtle

Is there any way of knowing if you have a hacked Pokémon? I was given in trade an Arceus just cos I knew the chap and he "had a few of them". To me that suggests shenanigans, but I ask if it can be checked at all on White 2 before transferring over?

randomspot555

Is there any way of knowing if you have a hacked Pokémon? I was given in trade an Arceus just cos I knew the chap and he "had a few of them". To me that suggests shenanigans, but I ask if it can be checked at all on White 2 before transferring over?

There are various hack check threads within the respective Game/generational forums and/or sub forums.

I cannot wait for this !! I'm way behind the times played HG and jumped to black 2. I'm breeding all the pokemon before and in between I like. Gonna trade them over to Y and do a playthrough. I'm on the fence ab having rotations. A dark team , rock team etc

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I have a slew of Pokemon to transfer up, and a $5 service charge is perfectly fine with me. I just hope it's easy to access the Pokemon stored in the bank, as I like to swap up my team for online fights and do not want to have issues with constantly swapping people between the bank and the game.

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
I'm actually kind of enjoying this generation without previous gen Pokemon... Idk. It feels like new beginnings. No hacked Pokemon, no "perfect" Pokemon from Gen V, etc...

I am, however, looking forward to transferring all my teams and legendaries forward.

Puma Italia

Or you can just separate all the poorly hacked Pokemon in another box, and all you have to do is not picking that box for transferring.

Even better, why bother keeping them if you know they're poorly hacked anyway? Just release them.

I've actually done this lol. I have Pokemon that I know are legit. Pokemon I think are legit, and Pokemon I know are not legit. The reason why I don't want to release them is pretty silly, but I don't want the Pokemon being released to mess with my game. I'll just transfer the boxes of Pokemon with Pokemon that I know are legit. (I assume if I Rare Candied some of the Pokemon, they should still pass. right?)

BurningWhiteKyurem

I'm actually kind of enjoying this generation without previous gen Pokemon... Idk. It feels like new beginnings. No hacked Pokemon, no "perfect" Pokemon from Gen V, etc...

I am, however, looking forward to transferring all my teams and legendaries forward.

And why would no perfect mons matter...? You do realize it's easy to breed for a 5-6 IV spread now?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I've actually done this lol. I have Pokemon that I know are legit. Pokemon I think are legit, and Pokemon I know are not legit. The reason why I don't want to release them is pretty silly, but I don't want the Pokemon being released to mess with my game. I'll just transfer the boxes of Pokemon with Pokemon that I know are legit. (I assume if I Rare Candied some of the Pokemon, they should still pass. right?)

Releasing = deleting. They cannot mess with your game at all, by not releasing them you're subjecting yourself to the very thing you want to prevent.

BurningWhiteKyurem

As a side note, I am aware that if you ARE lucky enough to still have your 2006 NYC Wish Blissey around, with the new Gen VI breeding mechanics it is entirely possible to breed Wish onto Blissey legitimately . But my only fear is that if hacked Wish Blissey ARE able to go through Poké Transporter, how can you tell the difference between hacked and event?

Wait, is this true...? Can you actually breed Wish onto Chansey now?

Puma Italia

Wait, is this true...? Can you actually breed Wish onto Chansey now?

I don't think you can breed Wish. but you can breed Seismic Toss now.

Releasing = deleting. They cannot mess with your game at all, by not releasing them you're subjecting yourself to the very thing you want to prevent.

That's true.. I mean they don't really interfere with anything by me having them, but releasing them wouldn't hurt either. I've distinguished which boxes have hacked Pokemon, and which ones don't. So I should be fine.

cwertle

Don't Blink!

Yep, my exact thoughts pretty much.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Yep, my exact thoughts pretty much.

Meh, I'm ready to finish the last 20% of the dex now and get my shinies up to Y. I'm tired of waiting for my Pokedex completion. I'm not complaining about the wait, though.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
i hope that these risks when leaving pokemon in pokemon bank and it get's cyber attacked doesn't mean we're willing to risk our pokemon being destroyed by some a**hole who decided to attack the servers or whatever.

In order to prevent our players from losing their Pokémon, we will have security measures in place and will be providing regular maintenance to manage this system securely. Regarding the potential of losing your Pokémon due to natural disaster, unexpected incidents, cyber attacks, or other circumstances, however, we ask that you please read the warnings and stipulations for using Pokémon Bank that we will announce in mid-December, and decide for yourself whether you wish to use the service.

sounds like should they be unable to keep the servers safe from attack our pokemon will be destroyed

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
i hope that these risks when leaving pokemon in pokemon bank and it get's cyber attacked doesn't mean we're willing to risk our pokemon being destroyed by some a**hole who decided to attack the servers or whatever.

sounds like should they be unable to keep the servers safe from attack our pokemon will be destroyed

You assume risk when uploading anything online. There will be measures in place to prevent data loss.

X-Lucario

King of Losers
I agree I like the feel of a fresh start, I remember this one time me and my friends decided to restart our games, cuz another of our friends just got the game. We decided that any legendaries(especially event and hard to find ones) and any Pokemon we could stand the thought of deleting would be traded to a third party until we could retrieve them. Needless to say it was quite refreshing except once we got our Pokemon back the temptation to go back to my old team was almost unresistable.

Status
Not open for further replies.