• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I still subscribe to it even though I play the Japanese version but live in America?

I think so since there is no region lock for pokemon bank and transporter.

PokeAmi

There is a "Add Funds" button in the E-Shop. You can either do that or just insert CC info for individual purchases.

FWIW, StreetPass has you pay the new bonus games "within" the game but it brings up the E-Shop balance. It will probably be much the same for Bank/Transport.

As for deleting Pokemon after trial/subscription runs out, the solution is simply taking some personal responsibility for it if you don't plan on renewing your subscription. It isn't that hard.

Thanks, I probably figure it out.
About that deleting thing, Yes I understand that, people has already told me now, and it's wasn't about me not wanting to pay for it, it was more about the What-if question. Like very often I lose Internet a whole week and stuff or what if I'm on vacation and can't pay from there and the deadline gets me.
But please, let's not make a whole debate about this. I understand why and yes, I am planning to be responsible and pay for it.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
It still hasn't been revealed how to pay for the service, credit card is pretty much guaranteed but it's possible you could use eShop balance as well.

I really hope its eshop card balance cuaz i don't want to use my credit card but i hope they reveal it soon :3

R_N

I really hope its eshop card balance cuaz i don't want to use my credit card but i hope they reveal it soon :3

It will be e-shop balance
It is always e-shop balance

Every single game with any sort of content like this is always with the e-shop balance

R_N

Oh that's why the site faq link broke, the pokemon bank has its own site now.
The first post is updated with accurate links

Imma Agito

Outplay Man
My main concern with pokebank is the super vague answer to the question "Are there certain pokemon I cannot deposit or transfer." The answer to the question was "There are certain pokemon from each version that cannot be transferred. What these pokemon are you will just have to test and see for yourself."

I have a few event pokemon with event ribbons that prevent you from trading them over the GTS but they are legit pokemon acquired from events and I can use them online to trade, battle, etc. I'm just restricted from trading them over GTS for some odd reason. Since I can't trade these over GTS my fear is that will these pokemon just be gone?

R_N

My main concern with pokebank is the super vague answer to the question "Are there certain pokemon I cannot deposit or transfer." The answer to the question was "There are certain pokemon from each version that cannot be transferred. What these pokemon are you will just have to test and see for yourself."

I have a few event pokemon with event ribbons that prevent you from trading them over the GTS but they are legit pokemon acquired from events and I can use them online to trade, battle, etc. I'm just restricted from trading them over GTS for some odd reason. Since I can't trade these over GTS my fear is that will these pokemon just be gone?

The answer really isn't as vague as you make it out to be
They break it down into 3 parts:
-There might be some Pokemon you can't Pal Park
-There might be some Pokemon you can't PokeTransfer
-There might be some Pokemon you can't Bank

I can not think of any Pokemon you can't Park, so I can only assume they're covering their bases and talking about Pokemon with HM moves. Possibly Pokemon from different languages, since I believe some, like Korea had issues with this until gen 5. This also probably applies to PokeTransfer.
The only Pokemon, aside from those with HM moves, you can't PokeTransfer is Spiky Eared Pichu

The ones they're talking about with Bank are almost certainly those who are considered "hacked" (& HM moves, probably) since if you can make it to gen 5 otherwise you're probably fine.

Pokemon with Cherish (or whatever) Ribbons are blocked from the GTS but not normal trades. They can still be transferred and then presumably banked just fine.

Vasarto

So how do I get pokemon from Soul Silver to Pokemon X and Y?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So how do I get pokemon from Soul Silver to Pokemon X and Y?

You need to transfer them to Black/White/Black 2 or White 2 first, then use Poké Transporter.

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
I'd assume the Pokemon that can't be transferred are hacked pokemon and ones knowing special moves? They said earlier they won't release what pokemon can't be transferred because of hackers.
I'd be pretty annoyed if I can't transfer Mew, Jirachi and my two shiny beasts, but I doubt that is the case. Why would they want to anger and upset players by blocking these pokemon? It would be an awful selling tactic.

Blazios

While I highly doubt they're going to block Pokémon with event moves, the whole Kalos native system could possibly be used as a way to filter out old event moves that are now unreasonably obtainable from tournaments and such. Wish Blissey was used plenty in competitive in Gen V, though how many of you have a legitimate one from the Gen III event (which was completely unobtainable outside of New York to begin with, from what I remember) with the correct Nature and perfect IVs to be used?

bidoofdude

Legendary Trainer
A bit hesitant on the lost in the void thing if you can't pay to keep storing them the year after. Might forget about it, or Dad might refuse to pay. I'll probably only get it anyway if I see it absolutely paramount to transfer Pokemon or store excess, which I most likely won't have.

sheld999

the only event pokemon im looking forward to tranfering over is deoxy my 1st event pokemon since the only way for me to get events is wifi only no stores do them here lol

cant wait for pokebank

PR0F3550R_B055

P0K3M0N PR0F3550R
Seems like some people here don't know that there is a 30 day free trial period for Pokemon Bank/Transporter. Don't know about you, but I'll just transfer all my pokemon over in that 30 day period and I'll really never need it again. (Unless my urge to catch every single pokemon comes back :/)

Also, will you be able to transfer hacked pokemon over? I really hope not, one big thing I like about the games right now is that they are 99% legit, not many hacks running around (thankfully). It would really stink for people who legitimately caught their shinies / rare / 5 IV pokemon in gen 5 if anyone could just download or buy a hacking engine and transfer it over to X and Y.

outburs

So is anyone expecting any new mega evolution/legendary pokemon being announced when poke bank is released? Possibly more than late@s.

RandomPurple

That hack check... Do you think it'll block out my re-named Pokemon? (with an Action Replay, they were from previous games)

Status
Not open for further replies.