• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Oh yeah. Wonder Trading and the GTS are both going to be fun. COME ON POKEBANK! I want to see my Infernape in good old 3d.

altars

Legendary Collector
I personally like this idea. Five dollars a year is nothing. The fact that they are looking for new ways to improve our experience is great! I mean, if you delete a save game you won't have to go through the slow process of transferring to a game and then transferring your Pokemon back one by one. In addition to that the Celebi included with it is amazing! I've always wanted a Celebi and was just thinking last week how awesome it would be if they offered it to us in one of the mystery gifts. I'm really happy with this service. C:

Maxi

Wonder Trading will be ridiculously fun after Pokémon Bank comes out. I have plenty of Pokémon from the Dream Radar I'd like to wonder out.

I completely agree. I have a full box of Chikorita i'll be using for wondertrade, which could be great for players who won't be using the app or haven't had previous generations.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Can't wait for PokeBank to come out so I can transfer some of my old Pokemon over. Really want to see what my shiny Lucario, shiny Cobalion and Keldeo look like in 3D. Also looking forward to being able to breed for some of my favourite Pokemon that are currently unavailable in X. The Celebi is also a nice surprise. Never got one of my own before.

Puma Italia

So Pokemon Bank will be free to download next week, right? (considering there is that free trial) I still haven't got an eShop card which would be my way of paying for it.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So Pokemon Bank will be free to download next week, right? (considering there is that free trial) I still haven't got an eShop card which would be my way of paying for it.

The app itself will always be free to download.

Lord Zoroark

Master Tactician
And you don't think it might be a little easier to take the complaints seriously without the attempted nicknames?

I wasn't arguing against that. I was merely pointing out that this is what most people seem to do express their irritation at GameFreak. I dislike it, yet I also find myself using the expression when I'm mad at it. It really seems to be a "can't live with it, can't live without it" thing for me. I'm working on it.

So, all in all, right now I can neither support it or condemn it.

Look, don't take this the wrong way, but you aren't on any of the involved development teams, to the best of my knowledge. Certainly you'd agree that because you - or I, or that other guy, or those dudes or that random bystander over there or anyone similarly not involved with the technical and developmental aspects - can't think of the complication is not tantamount to there not being any, yes?

... That's actually an excellent point.

Here's what I want to know: can a Nintendo Network ID be transferred?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I wasn't arguing against that. I was merely pointing out that this is what most people seem to do express their irritation at GameFreak. I dislike it, yet I also find myself using the expression when I'm mad at it. It really seems to be a "can't live with it, can't live without it" thing for me. I'm working on it.

So, all in all, right now I can neither support it or condemn it.

... That's actually an excellent point.

Here's what I want to know: can a Nintendo Network ID be transferred?

A NID can only correspond to a single 3DS, or a single WiiU, or a Wii U and 3DS, if the two are linked together.

R_N

What do you mean by transferred?

I think he means in the event of, say, getting a new 3ds
Which I think will transfer it over with a system transfer.

wii u's out of luck but the chance of getting a new one anyway is probably low

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Really Can't wait for Bank to come out as not only can I get all my old team mates for Wi-Fi battles and the Maison (shame they can't be used in tournaments), but also because they will fill the remaining gaps I've left in my Kalos Dex (and almost all the national). Come on Bank!

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
If you're really desperate you can see Infernape in the battle maison. It looks great.

really? Where? who has it? I haven't seen it.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
really? Where? who has it? I haven't seen it.

Just keep fighting in the Super lines in the Maison and eventually you'll see it.

On topic, I love the fact that not only Pokébank comes out on my birthday but I get a free Celebi too.

It's worth the $4.99.

Habblox

#Donthateprocrastin8
I have one question, and I don't know if it has already been answered, seeing as I sadly don't have the time to read all the 93 pages in this thread.

How would Pokémon bank work with event Pokémon? Because I have this event Darkrai with a very 'fake' move set. I got this Darkrai at an Event in Holland, when the Movie including Darkrai, Dialga and Palkia launched. It's moves are Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, Dark Void and Dream Eater.

Yep, you heard that right. The two signature moves of Palkia and Dialga respectively.

Seeing as I read somewhere that the transferred Pokémon will be checked by humans*, I don't know if they would allow this Darkrai into my game.

It's been with me in every game since D/P/Pt so far, and serves solely as memory, nothing else. I'd be really sad if I couldn't transfer this Darkrai into my X and Y. Especially because I'd love to see its 3D sprite!

* Would Humans really check all the Pokémon themselves? Their servers are going to be absolutely flooded and they might need to hire the entirety of Africa to have enough manpower. This was not a racist joke, it was just an example.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I have one question, and I don't know if it has already been answered, seeing as I sadly don't have the time to read all the 93 pages in this thread.

How would Pokémon bank work with event Pokémon? Because I have this event Darkrai with a very 'fake' move set. I got this Darkrai at an Event in Holland, when the Movie including Darkrai, Dialga and Palkia launched. It's moves are Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, Dark Void and Dream Eater.

Yep, you heard that right. The two signature moves of Palkia and Dialga respectively.

Seeing as I read somewhere that the transferred Pokémon will be checked by humans*, I don't know if they would allow this Darkrai into my game.

It's been with me in every game since D/P/Pt so far, and serves solely as memory, nothing else. I'd be really sad if I couldn't transfer this Darkrai into my X and Y. Especially because I'd love to see its 3D sprite!

* Would Humans really check all the Pokémon themselves? Their servers are going to be absolutely flooded and they might need to hire the entirety of Africa to have enough manpower. This was not a racist joke, it was just an example.

Nowhere said it would be checked by humans, nowhere credible anyway, also that's a very common Darkrai.

Habblox

#Donthateprocrastin8
Nowhere said it would be checked by humans, nowhere credible anyway, also that's a very common Darkrai.

Oh, that's good to know. Sorry, I didn't know it was a very common Darkrai. I've never really started to communicate with the world until X/Y.

Mega Missingno

Can't wait for PokeBank to come out so I can transfer some of my old Pokemon over. Really want to see what my shiny Lucario, shiny Cobalion and Keldeo look like in 3D. Also looking forward to being able to breed for some of my favourite Pokemon that are currently unavailable in X. The Celebi is also a nice surprise. Never got one of my own before.

I'm really hoping that people who trade over the pokemon one couldn't normally find in X & Y that they'd breed them, if they're gendered, for the people who either can't use the Poke'transporter or have no pokemon of their own transfer.

Lolsgod

Sexy Trainer
is there any update on what is consider an illegal poke? I have some legends that i got from people here and im not sure if they are legit.... it'd really be a shame if i couldnt transfer em... (they dont have illegal moves/abilities or anything im just not sure how they were originally obtained so im just kinda worrying...)

R_N

is there any update on what is consider an illegal poke? I have some legends that i got from people here and im not sure if they are legit.... it'd really be a shame if i couldnt transfer em... (they dont have illegal moves/abilities or anything im just not sure how they were originally obtained so im just kinda worrying...)

no, and i highly doubt they will ever disclose this beyond a generic "pokemon made from 3rd party programs"

Status
Not open for further replies.