• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
are the "transfer only moves" passable through breeding via previous gen pokemon? e.g. BW2 Banette with foul play + XY Banette with phantom force = XY Shuppet with Foul Play and Phantom Force.

Only if said moves are level-up moves or Egg moves for the Pokemon in Gen VI.

so, would they be illegal in official tournies?

Current ongoing tournaments require the Pokemon to be bred in Kalos.

BurningWhiteKyurem

If they say this is a high priority issue, then about a week is about what I'd expect too. Maybe less, but that may be too optimistic. Still, I'd rather not be pessimistic about this. I have a whole month off of school for this break, so if it takes about a week, I guess I have a whole week to do nothing. like I always do

As do I. I can afford to wait anyways since I have a living dex completed in B2, and I'd hate to experience what Serebii experienced while he transferred his Pokemon. So, if it needs a week to be able to provide the best possible experience, then by all means, take a week.

Astrint

Breeding Star
We won't know until Pokemon Bank is released.

Dx awww... oh well. *throws random tools at the official pokemon website hoping it will fix it.* Y U Torture us so much, GameFreak?

Unless they're egg moves they do not get passed down

Only if said moves are level-up moves or Egg moves for the Pokemon in Gen VI.

Current ongoing tournaments require the Pokemon to be bred in Kalos.

I guess my question should be reworded (though it was still answered.) I was just wondering, with so many mechanics changed regarding breeding in XY(namely the passing of HA via the father becoming possible) would move tutor moves from BW2/Platinum/HGSS gain a new mechanic after transfers and become similar to egg moves?

But as BurningWhiteKyurem said, we won't know until pokebank becomes available.

Last edited:

R_N

I guess my question should be reworded (though it was still answered.) I was just wondering, with so many mechanics changed regarding breeding in XY(namely the passing of HA via the father becoming possible) would move tutor moves from BW2/Platinum/HGSS gain a new mechanic after transfers and become similar to egg moves?

But as BurningWhiteKyurem said, we won't know until pokebank becomes available.

Pokebank was available long enough for people to bring things over. We know. It doesn't work.

Rakurai

Oh well.

More time to collect non-legendary Pokemon to fill out my dex with.

Astrint

Breeding Star
Pokebank was available long enough for people to bring things over. We know. It doesn't work.

That sucks.... oh well, I guess I can always leave my banette with sucker punch. or try to find something as good as foul play to replace it with if there is anything.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
That sucks.... oh well, I guess I can always leave my banette with sucker punch. or try to find something as good as foul play to replace it with if there is anything.

Why would Banette need Foul Play in the first place? Mega Banette has base 165 Attack.

If anything, you should be worried about being the target of Foul Play.

altars

Legendary Collector
Today was actually my first time hearing that the release date was pushed back. That kinda sucks, but hopefully they don't take too long fixing whatever problem there is with it. It would be disappointing to have it come out after break...college doesn't give me much time to play Pokemon. :L

ShadowMario3

Unfortunate that there's a delay. Hopefully the eShop will be fixed over the weekend, and Pokemon Bank will be available early next week. That's me being optimistic with Nintendo though.

thetamale

Since the lauded hack check is just a stat/moves checker I don't mind a little extra wait since it guarantees my dex completion when it does come out.

Astrint

Breeding Star
Why would Banette need Foul Play in the first place? Mega Banette has base 165 Attack.

If anything, you should be worried about being the target of Foul Play.

True, true. I just figured it would be a good move if it were available. Just wanted to make sure if it would be or not.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
Well, I guess we can assume TBD will basically mean we'll never see pokémon bank or pokétransporter again since, according to AuraChannelerChris, the same thing happened to Flipnote 3D and now it still hasn't been released. My best guess is that they'll be released in January 2015

Ummmm....no. Not the same thing.

Flipnote 3D was discontinued because underaged kids were sending and receiving adult-rated images via unscrupulous users. Not from server overload...

Last edited:

randomspot555

What they need to do is *HARD* patch Bank to store the Pokemon ON your 3DS, like it should have been in the first place ALA R/S BOX.

Okay, well, don't use it then if you don't like it for whatever reason.

There is no need to upload to the cloud, and Nintendo/GF BOTH are totally at fault for this.

Well, no. It really is your fault for them not doing what you'd want. You as the consumer are free to just not use the service if it doesn't meet your standards.

They have archaic online architecture and their online features for other games (looking at you Sonic ASR for a recent example, or Brawl for an older one) either work poor as hell, or not at all.

I won't disagree with you generally but this isn't a Nintendo problem in this case. It is an everyone problem. Steam (which is exclusively online based), Xbox Live, and PSN have all experienced downtime due to the massive amount of online activity.

Again, as noted, the problem is not Bank. It is everyone accessing Nintendo's stuff at the same time.

Aside from that, I work full time and took 2 days off after xmas specifically with the intention of (gaming and)not having to waste time after work(over the next week) to transfer and then (on X/Y)MM some Pokemon with SC over the next month, and now thats all shot to **** because of their incompetence.

Boo effin hoo. There are other games or you can go even, and I know this is a stretch, do something besides play video games!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Flipnote 3D was discontinued because underaged kids were sending and receiving adult-rated images via unscrupulous users. Not from server overload...

It was never discontinued.

They only disabled the Friends option of the application, but the app itself is still running. Sadly, we haven't gotten word about its release date outside Japan, and the official English site is still up.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
It was never discontinued.

They only disabled the Friends option of the application, but the app itself is still running. Sadly, we haven't gotten word about its release date outside Japan, and the official English site is still up.

Ah, gotcha. Still, it's too farfetch'd to think GameFreak would abandon an integral program for transferring older gen pokemon to X and Y when there has been such enormous demand for these things since R/S/E.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
The silver lining for me is being able to defeat Red in Mt Silver on my HeartGold and catch Kyogre. I'd hoped to complete this by now but.....just beat Clair last night. I'll admit it does suck because I was hoping I would abuse the Wonder Trade since people will be spamming new pokemon it would be an easy way to put up one of my many torchics for a nice piplup. give or take

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Okay, well, don't use it then if you don't like it for whatever reason.

Well, no. It really is your fault for them not doing what you'd want. You as the consumer are free to just not use the service if it doesn't meet your standards.

I won't disagree with you generally but this isn't a Nintendo problem in this case. It is an everyone problem. Steam (which is exclusively online based), Xbox Live, and PSN have all experienced downtime due to the massive amount of online activity.

Again, as noted, the problem is not Bank. It is everyone accessing Nintendo's stuff at the same time.

Boo effin hoo. There are other games or you can go even, and I know this is a stretch, do something besides play video games!
Wow, talk about completely unnecessary. This, right here, is why I dont participate in discussion much on forums anymore. You dont see me going around picking apart posts and being an all around d***. Also, I clearly do enough other things besides play video games, like work full time and spend time with my gf, that I dont have time to post on forums frequently, staff/take part in prodects or admin them either.

When life is busy and you set time aside to do something (you enjoy) it is extremely irritating to have outside forces intervene, no matter what the planned activity was.

Nintendo is at fault. The server load should have been somewhat anticipated, and even if it wasnt, it shouldnt be a delay. Adding servers may take time, but the fact they have to delay ONE app is poor planning. Yeah its my choice to use the app, but there arent any alternatives now are there? Theres no competitive market for Pokemon transferring in X/Y obviously, so consumers HAVE to rely on Nintendo which has the monopoly.

Status
Not open for further replies.