• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXVaporeonXx

Hi guys is there where we can trade pokebank mons or just discuss? If im wrong could someone please point me to the right direction :)

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Wait, when the eShop is live again, will Pokemon Bank be as well? I was so excited for tomorrow but this happened....

Getting the eShop stable and working again is going to be Nintendo's primary focus; they'll worry about Pokemon Bank only after everyone else is capable of getting their games.

Kalleo

well for the lucky ones that have it do you guys have any of the older starters?

randomspot555

Wow, talk about completely unnecessary. This, right here, is why I dont participate in discussion much on forums anymore. You dont see me going around picking apart posts and being an all around d***. Also, I clearly do enough other things besides play video games, like work full time and spend time with my gf, that I dont have time to post on forums frequently, staff/take part in prodects or admin them either.

When life is busy and you set time aside to do something (you enjoy) it is extremely irritating to have outside forces intervene, no matter what the planned activity was.

Nintendo is at fault. The server load should have been somewhat anticipated, and even if it wasnt, it shouldnt be a delay. Adding servers may take time, but the fact they have to delay ONE app is poor planning. Yeah its my choice to use the app, but there arent any alternatives now are there? Theres no competitive market for Pokemon transferring in X/Y obviously, so consumers HAVE to rely on Nintendo which has the monopoly.

That's nice that you're so busy. Other people are too and that you have other things in your life is not some unusual or rare trait.

I'm sorry that you don't like "discussion" but maybe then you shouldn't post? I know some people just think the forums are just their special place to bash whatever is the hip thing to bash at the moment, but it is a discussion forum and people should be able to reply to it, even if their view is different. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Did you ever consider it was anticipated and it was tested and it still failed?

Kalleo

they should of atleast let us transfer the pokes as it is not going to effect there server anyway lol

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
Aaaand I'm suddenly less bummed out about covering a friend's shift at work tomorrow. : P

As others have said, Nintendo is by no means infallible. This shouldn't be THAT big of a deal, and waiting a bit longer isn't too bad. I'd rather have them sort out any unforeseen issues now rather than later.

alejandrawr

Pure speculation on my part, but I'm not expecting this until next Thursday/Friday the earliest. Middle-High school students (presumably most of the pokemon players, as well as a good chunk of online gamers in general) are on break and destroying servers until the day after New Years IIRC. Would make sense for things to pick back up while they're busy with school... Even if things do start running again in the next couple of days they'll probably just crash again pretty quickly until most players have other things taking up their time *shrug*

Still peeved that they chose this time to release Bank, I might as well catch/raise enough 'mons to fill this second transfer box in the meantime.

Cobalt_Latios

Initially bummed out about the fact that I'm not going to able to use it tomorrow (or whenever it would have been up on the 27th), I've realized that I'd probably want something that relies on servers to actually function to have an actual functioning server in the first place to do the actual storing.

So, definitely bitter about the situation, but really, there's not a whole lot we can do besides wait and make sure things are working 100% to make sure nothing goes wrong when they do manage to launch it.

Hopefully this means they'll implement more servers, which would be in their best interests considering what's going down.

halloweenghost

I'm pretty bummed at the delay...but c'est la vie....

I had a feeling this was gonna happen.. for some reason over the past few weeks i have been thinking about the mess with the japanese dream world and it;s delay. Hopefully it will be open soon :)

Last edited:

Astrint

Breeding Star
Aaaand I'm suddenly less bummed out about covering a friend's shift at work tomorrow. : P

As others have said, Nintendo is by no means infallible. This shouldn't be THAT big of a deal, and waiting a bit longer isn't too bad. I'd rather have them sort out any unforeseen issues now rather than later.

I agree. We don't want them to rush the process and then lose Dittos with 6 ivs because of a transfer bug.

Trainer: "It's right there!! I can see it waving at me!!!!" Pokebank: "I disagree."

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
That's nice that you're so busy. Other people are too and that you have other things in your life is not some unusual or rare trait.

I'm sorry that you don't like "discussion" but maybe then you shouldn't post? I know some people just think the forums are just their special place to bash whatever is the hip thing to bash at the moment, but it is a discussion forum and people should be able to reply to it, even if their view is different. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Did you ever consider it was anticipated and it was tested and it still failed?
Its unusual compared to most of Pokemon's demographic AKA kids, but its the fact that MOST people ARE busy AND were looking forward to this is why I was expressing I was as well. Most people have breaks during this time, making it prime time to promote and release this product to get the most use/subscriptions out of it.

Its not a matter of YOUR view being different, you were an A** about it. THATS what I dont like. I can have discussions with kids, teens and adults alike, but there is at least one person like you trolling along every few minutes to jump all over someone like me(and apparently many others) that is passionate about their frustration towards an issue like this.

Also, actually, it seems the hip(ster) thing here is to defend Nintendo and the corporate machine, instead of defending the consumer. That's whats wrong with gaming now in general. Companies are continually (more others like EA, Activision, etc than Nintendo; Nintendo has been reliable about everything EXCEPT online functionality) pumping out unfinished products with missing functionality, components, or game breaking bugs in general.

We as consumers, are led to believe we are buying a finished product, just to be disappointed by previously mentioned issues. That's unacceptable. Regardless of whatever people speculate GF's intention was in leaving out backwards compatibility in the first place- the fact is that GF and Nintendo are NEVER transparent with their inner workings or decision making/reasoning, and X/Y were released without a transferring option. That was well and good since the games were a huge step forward, and the issue was forgivable since they promised Bank. THEN, there was the Lumiouse save glitch, which was game breaking for many, followed by the BattleChecker exploit which allowed people to cheat in ranked online matches- both were fixed with patches, though the latter one couldn't have been for seen by GF.

Now, they release something that was clearly not designed to work under severe network stress, causing the E-shop to crash from overload.

Its both Nintendo and GFs fault, and saying "we have a choice" and "don't use it if you don't like it" is the laziest way out of an argument, and its that attitude that tells corporations that consumers buying/paying into broken games/apps/products is "OK" when its NOT. Releasing a broken product and fixing it later is BS.

Its Nintendo's JOB to make sure things run smoothly(in this case servers/E shop/accounts etc), and its Game Freaks job to program things that work, and make sure they work well with Nintendo's online infrastructure. Neither of those things happened, and I hope that there are people out there that LET them know they messed up, and change is needed. Im sure a ton of people are emailing them saying "Its ok, I can wait while you fix this mess, you will always have my money no matter how badly you plan your product releases".

BurningWhiteKyurem

No harshness taken, just expressing my frustration and reasons why. BUT, when I said make it like BOX, Bank would be free still of course, or just cost a 5 buck download fee. Also, it would include Transporter obviously, as that requires Bank to even work. The point I was trying to make was simply- Nintendo is notorious for poor planning AND online services. That being said, its 100% their fault, not the consumers at all. They're supposed to sell a product, 100% complete and working/functioning correctly, and support it properly. Server issues, while they have happened in other instances(other companies/consoles), were fixed in a matter of a day- Nintendo was under some sort of maintenance/had crashing issues for 2 and a half days, showing how ill prepared they were for this fiasco. And while I dont agree everyone should receive compensation, those that may or may not have lost their Pokemon to the server issues are certainly by all means entitled to it- since the product did not function as intended/promised.

That's true, Nintendo is very much *** backwards when it comes to dealing with servers. At the same time, they're not the only ones affected, even companies like Microsoft, Steam and Sony with much better technology (or so I assume), suffered the same thing. It's frustrating when it happens, but I personally think it's no different from finding parking or trying to get into stores with long line-ups on Boxing Day/Black Friday. All we can do is wait it out until it becomes manageable.

Though, your point is unclear: The Pokemon Bank was functional during the time that the Japanese had it, so Nintendo isn't really at fault in that regard. They lived up to their promise regarding functionality. The problem is about the eShop servers couldn't handle the amount of people downloading games + those using Pokemon Bank at the same time. So it was a disastrous situation. As for compensation, we won't know until the servers are back to normal.

Lolsgod

Sexy Trainer

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
That's true, Nintendo is very much *** backwards when it comes to dealing with servers. At the same time, they're not the only ones affected, even companies like Microsoft, Steam and Sony with much better technology (or so I assume), suffered the same thing. It's frustrating when it happens, but I personally think it's no different from finding parking or trying to get into stores with long line-ups on Boxing Day/Black Friday. All we can do is wait it out until it becomes manageable.

Though, your point is unclear: The Pokemon Bank was functional during the time that the Japanese had it, so Nintendo isn't really at fault in that regard. They lived up to their promise regarding functionality. The problem is about the eShop servers couldn't handle the amount of people downloading games + those using Pokemon Bank at the same time. So it was a disastrous situation. As for compensation, we won't know until the servers are back to normal.

Fair enough, and I completely agree. Though, compensation should only be for those that actually were affected (downloaded it and were stripped of the ability to use it). It was poor planning on both companies parts and this time of year was definitely not the ideal time to release Bank. This, IMO was an easily preventable situation (timing of release/reliability of servers), and now many fans of the franchise are disappointed after looking forward to this release since the games came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.