• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though they go through, they cannot be used online for some reason.

From what I can tell, they have to have been born or caught in Kalos to be usable online.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I hate the idea of people being able to transfer hacked pokemon :/
After completing the pokedex, I plan on making teams for online battles and I would hate to, after hours/days of hard work, come across
a bunch of people with hacked pokemon that will destroy me. -.-' What would irritate me the most is the knowledge that while I have put
time into making my team, someone else just hacked their game to get the best pokemon imaginable.

1. The only hacked Pokemon that can make it through are those that are completely possible to obtain through normal gameplay, so if you get destroyed it's because you suck, not because they hacked.
2. Only Pokemon caught or bred in Kalos can participate in online battles.

Blazios

1. The only hacked Pokemon that can make it through are those that are completely possible to obtain through normal gameplay, so if you get destroyed it's because you suck, not because they hacked.

Assuming they're not using a Contrary Serperior bred in Kalos, of course. It's a result of hacking which has been bred in Kalos but isn't allowed online.

alejandrawr

Does this apply to completely legit pokemon on VGC/"online competition" only, or free + ranked battles as well? If it's the latter, that pretty much defeats the purpose of transferring in the first place, other than for breeding purposes.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Assuming they're not using a Contrary Serperior bred in Kalos, of course. It's a result of hacking which has been bred in Kalos but isn't allowed online.

It's still a completely legitimate Pokemon, it doesn't have an impossible ability or EV spreads, for example.

Does this apply to completely legit pokemon on VGC/"online competition" only, or free + ranked battles as well? If it's the latter, that pretty much defeats the purpose of transferring in the first place, other than for breeding purposes.

I've seen a Latios in a Free Battle.

It may only be for the VGC, I don't do any battling so I'm not sure. Regardless though, you're still only battling Pokemon within the realm of possibility.

josevd

Pokemon Breeder
I've seen a Latios in a Free Battle.

I've battled (and defeated :D) Latios, Cresselia (even a shiny one) and Heatran in ranking matches. But seems that if you are using things like a Thick Fat Tepig there's a " There is a problem with your participating Pokemon" msg.

Blazios

It's still a completely legitimate Pokemon, it doesn't have an impossible ability or EV spreads, for example.

Contrary Snivy is still unreleased, making it illegal. While it can get through Bank despite being hacked, even the Kalos native ones are unusable online.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Contrary Snivy is still unreleased, making it illegal. While it can get through Bank despite being hacked, even the Kalos native ones are unusable online.

The user was blaming potential losses on hacked Pokemon, all I'm saying is that only Pokemon with possible abilites, stats etc can be obtained, therefore any losses can be chalked up to them being bad. I'm not saying that any Pokemon that gets through is legitimate.

microvirus

Ohh additionally, Pokemon Bank is a hardware oriented app. Which means they are bounded to one 3DS/2DS System. Well that is what I do understand from what they are saying at the FAQ.

Can someone enlightened me with this if possible.
Thanks...

Bariokie

rock dog
Ohh additionally, Pokemon Bank is a hardware oriented app. Which means they are bounded to one 3DS/2DS System. Well that is what I do understand from what they are saying at the FAQ.

Can someone enlightened me with this if possible.
Thanks...

You could say it is attached to the 3/2ds and so can't be used on other devices nor other games IF I'm right not sure though.

NightShadow

Hey, for those who say the unreleased ability Pokemon are hacked, shouldn't they be available now that you can switch between abilities using the Ability Capsule?

Kreayshawn

Hey, for those who say the unreleased ability Pokemon are hacked, shouldn't they be available now that you can switch between abilities using the Ability Capsule?

No. Ability Capsule only changes a Pokemons 2 Regular abilities. For example, Clefable has Magic Guard and Cute Charm as regular, and HA is Unaware. If it had Magic Guard, it could switch to Cute Charm with the Ability Capsule. It can't switch to HA, and if it had its HA, it can't switch it back to regular with the Ability Capsule.

Kuroiga

Shiny Hunter

No, you can only switch between regular abilities (or from hidden ability to regular ability).

Redmudkip

Battle Engineer
Quick Question:
Now That PokeBank Happened for a few people, is it possible to get pentagon pokemon with gen v move tutor moves (e.g. Scizor w/Bug Bite)?
I HOPE that it is breedable but i'm not sure.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Quick Question:
Now That PokeBank Happened for a few people, is it possible to get pentagon pokemon with gen v move tutor moves (e.g. Scizor w/Bug Bite)?
I HOPE that it is breedable but i'm not sure.

No, Bug Bite is not an Egg move for Scyther.

NightShadow

No. Ability Capsule only changes a Pokemons 2 Regular abilities. For example, Clefable has Magic Guard and Cute Charm as regular, and HA is Unaware. If it had Magic Guard, it could switch to Cute Charm with the Ability Capsule. It can't switch to HA, and if it had its HA, it can't switch it back to regular with the Ability Capsule.

No, you can only switch between regular abilities (or from hidden ability to regular ability).

Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up (This means the Ability Capsule is pretty pointless)

Redmudkip

Battle Engineer
No, Bug Bite is not an Egg move for Scyther.
I Know, but it doesn't pass like TM or move tutor in Crystal either, does it?
Grr. That Makes Mad.
That plus lack of superpower makes scizor unusable for battles in game for gen 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.