• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdulmuhsee

From what I can tell, they have to have been born or caught in Kalos to be usable online.

Umm... can someone clarify exactly what this means? I'm about to be very angry that I spent my hard earned money on a 3DS and Pokemon Y if I can't even use my guys.

R_N

Umm... can someone clarify exactly what this means? I'm about to be very angry that I spent my hard earned money on a 3DS and Pokemon Y if I can't even use my guys.

You can use them online all you like, with friends, randoms, battle spot (I believe???), etc

You can't use them in official tournaments like the VGC (& Presumably the "special battle" option?)

Alashazam

Humble Forum-Goer
Since it seems no one has said it, the eshop listing has changed from "Available at your local retailer" to "coming to eshop".

Kreayshawn

Thank god! Its not that I use too much HM's on my Pokémon, but I want to transfer basically everything once Bank/transporter is available

I'm pretty sure somewhere it said you could not transfer them if they have HM moves.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Since it seems no one has said it, the eshop listing has changed from "Available at your local retailer" to "coming to eshop".

Wait, so I can't go out to Gamestop and buy the physical copy there to load into my 3DS?

GameFreak hates us!

I'm pretty sure somewhere it said you could not transfer them if they have HM moves.

I've seen nothing saying that. Could you provide a link?

Rio!

Composer
Wait, so I can't go out to Gamestop and buy the physical copy there to load into my 3DS?

GameFreak hates us!

I've seen nothing saying that. Could you provide a link?

Pokebank is a 3ds APPLICATION.
It loads directly from eshop onto your game; Gamestop has nothing to do with that.

abdulmuhsee

You can use them online all you like, with friends, randoms, battle spot (I believe???), etc

You can't use them in official tournaments like the VGC (& Presumably the "special battle" option?)

Oh thank god; I was worried there for a second.

Now there's just the issue of whether or not NA users will still get the free PokeTransfer trial when the delayed release finally happens.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Bariokie

rock dog
Pokebank is a 3ds APPLICATION.
It loads directly from eshop onto your game; Gamestop has nothing to do with that.

Thanks for clearing stuff up! That Excitable Boy never learns it like omg...

Since we will get ANOTHER maintenance it means pokemon bank is getting closet and closer :3

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
That Looks like it comes from Pokemon.com but it a fake. Serebii has commented on the image as fake on twitter. (and I agree with him)

The fact that it says the trial will be available until 28 February 2013 already should raise suspicion anyway. Good to see that Serebii has already addressed that image too. Anything beyond January 3th is a bit longer than I'd like to be waiting too.

Thanks for clearing stuff up! That Excitable Boy never learns it like omg...

You realize he's 100% sarcastic with that, right?

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
Aw I got really excited there! Gosh dang it! Because for me that would only be 2 days away! But that does seem realistic dates, just that image is fake...
Ah well I got a Mudkip on the GTS today :D
And the sooner we get Pokemon bank the sooner I can trade some pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.