• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Battle Academy (Official RP)

PokeCutie

Dawn Randall,
Staleport Market

OCC: I'm doing 75 poke dollars for a seal because in D/P/Pt seals can be 100 or 50 P.D.

Dawn was now standing by the seal shop, picking out some seals.

"Let's see... I take these." Dawn picked up a handful of seals. She looked through them, and took out the ones she didn't need. Then Dawn placed them on the counter.

The seal lady smiled, and started to look through the pile. Dawn figured she waas counting them.

Then the lady said, "That's 10 seals, so 750 poke dollors please."

Dawn nodded, and pulled out her wallet again. She pulled out them money. She only had 1000 poke dollars, so she decided not to buy anything else. She got her 750 poke dollers out and handed it to the lady.

"Do you need ball capsules?", asked the lady.

"No, I already have some, thank you," replied Dawn.

The lady smiled again, and put the seals in a bag. "Come again!"

Dawn walked back over to the other trainers, and waved. She decided not to send out any Pokemon in front of the Nidorino.

"Hi, I'm back. My shopping went a bit faster than normal." Then Dawn asked, "Hey, Mari? Wanna practice contest moves on the boat? I bought some seals."

Then Dawn noticed a different boy that she didn't know. "Hi, I'm Dawn. Who are you?"

5blackout55

Ace Trainer Blackout
5 minutes before the ferry departs

"OK Dawn lets train for the contest" Cal said in the docks, holding a pink color pokeball (Psyball) while waiting for the ferry

Cal turned on his MP3 player on his watch and music started playing from his headphones

"Seals on! Dawn center stage!"

Cal threw the Psyball and a fireball came out soon to reveal a spinning Ralts which landed in front

"Lets start with Freezing Blitz Knuckles" Cal said

Dawn's hands clenched into a fist and start to have blue electrical energy in the right fist and a icy left fist and start sending out a fury of fast punches.

"End it..." Cal said

Dawn's fist came together to create a blinding light and a lot of sparkles

"Good work Dawn!" Cal praised

"Now Elekid lets go!" Cal said as he threw a Yellow colored Pokeball (Blitzball)

"Ele" Elekid cried as he came out of his Blitzball

"We will work with Dawn's contest battles as well" Cal said

"Elekid use Speedy Cross!" Cal ordered

"Ele-Ele" Elekid cried as he used a combination of Quick Attack and Cross Chop

"Dawn use Tele-Sneak" Cal ordered

Dawn used a Shadow Sneak attack with the ability to teleport

They collided which created an explosion

Elekid ran towands Dawn with the Cross Chop stance"

The Shadow blocks the Cross Chop and created an explosion

Both pokemon flew back but are OK

"Dawn Recover now" Cal ordered

Dawn used recover

"All right thats enough" Cal said

"We'll be late if we continue lets go onboard now" Cal said as they board the ship

Last edited:

George~©

All Gravy
(OCC: I want Cal to interact with the other controlled players so I'll say Dawn noticed Cal training Dawn (Ralts) 5 minutes before boarding the ferry. Sorry if I bunny-hop)

"OK Dawn lets train for the contest" Cal said in the docks, holding a pink color pokeball (Psyball) while waiting for the ferry

Cal turned on his MP3 player on his watch and music started playing from his headphones

"Seals on! Dawn center stage!"

Cal threw the Psyball and a fireball came out soon to reveal a spinning Ralts which landed in front

"Lets start with Freezing Blitz Knuckles" Cal said

Dawn's hands clenched into a fist and start to have blue electrical energy in the right fist and a icy left fist and start sending out a fury of fast punches.

"End it..." Cal said

Dawn's fist came together to create a blinding light and a lot of sparkles

"Good work Dawn!" Cal praised

Just then a voice was heard from behind

"Hi, I'm Dawn. Who are you?"

"Huh?" Cal said as he turned around

Behind him was a browned-haired girl with a ponytail

"Um Im Cal... and this is Dawn my Ralts" Cal said

"Oh Wow My name is Dawn too" Dawn replied

Cal noticed another girl standing behind Dawn

"And you are, miss?" Cal asked

"My name is Mari. Nice contest moves you got there Ralts," Mari said

"Ralts!" Dawn (Ralts) said

"Thank you Mari, Im going onto the ferry now are you two going to the ferry to the Academy? If so why not we head out together?" Cal suggested

OOC: Standard SPPF rules state, NO BUNNYING.

Change your post, or we will just ignore it.

1 Warning. If you're not going to abide by this RP and this Forum's rules, don't sign up for my rp.

iStorm

Cory Royce - Slateport Market

Cory Royce strode through the hustle and bustle of the Slateport Market. Sporting a comfortable black and white jacket, Cory's hands where plunged deep down into the the pockets. Cory looked around at the various stands selling just about everything. In his mind he ran through how much money he had left. Paying for his own ticket to Hoenn from Unova had cost him quite a bit. He flicked his head at the end of the thought to move his black hair out of his vision and back to the mop of untidiness that was his hair.
"Hey sir! Would you like to -" a vendor called out to Cory from one of the stand.
"Sorry no thanks" Corry interrupted, without bothering to look.

Cory made his way slowly to the harbor to board his boat to the Pokemon Battle Academy. In his pocket he clenched his boat ticket nervously. He didn't understand why but for some reason today he had butterflies in his stomach. He glanced over as he passed a group of young trainers chatting. Among them he spotted two Pokemon he didn't recognize, a Nidorino and a Castform. He resisted the urge to pull out his Pokedex from his other pocket.

Suddenly the familiar sound of a Pokeball opening came from a small pouch that hung from Cory's belt that held his jeans up. A Zorua materialized, transforming itself into an identical copy of Cory. With a snicker, Zorua ran straight to the group with unfamiliar Pokemon. He held up his hands like paws, and ran circles around the group.
"Zorua!" Cory shouted sternly, running after his Pokemon, " Get back here! Now!"
Zorua's head turned towards Cory and he snickered again. Zorua obsererved the Nidorino and jumped into the air. With a flash of purple, and identical Nidorino sat on the ground. Cory reached the group and fumbled for Zorua's Poke ball.
"I'm sorry about that" he said apologetic, "I'm Cory by the way"

George~©

All Gravy
OOC: Im going to leave off posting til' later to give others a chance to post. Also Ardent Dawn is away for the weekend I believe, so we shouldn't move the rp on too far. However, since he hasn't met up with anyone within the rp yet, he shouldn't have too much problem catching up.

Also once the boat leaves I will possibly create the discussion thread. Happy rping :p

EDIT: Also 5Blackout55, for failure to comply with the rules, Banned.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
OOC: You do know you need Mod approval to make a discussion thread right?

Mari and Tim
Slateport Marketplace

"Hey, Mari? Wanna practice contest moves on the boat? I bought some seals." Dawn said as she made her way back to the group.

"Sure, I could use the practice." Mari rsponded. "After losing my first contest to someone with a Steelix of all things, I'm not about to let that happen again." She dug through her purse, and pulled out a Pokeball which was already inside of a ball capsule and was decorated with seals. She started throwing it up and catching it as it came down, repeatedly. "Though, I can't believe there are more trainers than Co-Ordinators so far. If it's like this, then I'm gonna graduate near the top of the class for sure."

Suddenly, a strange boy ran up to the group. He held up his hands like paws, and ran circles around them.

"Zorua! Get back here! Now!"

At that the boy snickered, then it jumped the air, and transformed into an identical copy of Nidorino. Which everyone thought was a little...odd. Then another boy came up to them. He was fumbling around for something. "I'm sorry about that" he said apologetic, "I'm Cory by the way"

"Let me guess, that's a Zorua you have there?" Tim asked pointing to the Pokemon. "I've heard about those. They can use illusions to look like Pokemon or humans. I've never actually seen one in person though. I'm Tim by the way. So, if you're here you're probably going to the Pokemon Battle Academy right?"

Last edited:

PokeCutie

Dawn Randall,
Staleport Market

"Though, I can't believe there are more trainers than Co-Ordinators so far. If it's like this, then I'm gonna graduate near the top of the class for sure," said Mari after replying to her.

Dawn giggled, and said, "Not if I can help it! Anyway, thank you! I'll try to find a good place on the ferry to practice when we get on." She really wanted to show her stuff. She pulled out a Pokeball out of her bag.

"Head out, Conch!"

Dawn's Oshawott, Conch came out again.

"Would you like to ride in my bag?", asked Dawn.

Conch nodded, and jumped right in.

Dawn smiled in amusement, and started to look at the zoura and it's trainer. "Oh, hi! You must be from Unova, too! I'm Dawn!"

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
OOC: Midgeorge does this mean your stopping your posts as rico competely?

"Its about your Nidorino. You see as i know it evolves with a moon stone..."
Akoto was starting to hesitate, not knowing what the trainer will say if he tells him about his problems with sneasel.

He feared the worst, thinking if he told the whole story Rico would say somehthing like "You should be ashamed to try and make your sneasel evolve when it doesnt want to! How selfish!"

Just then, he noticed the trainer with the snivy had returned. She asked who Akoto was, bu before he could reply, she had already started talking to another trainer.

Then another trainer appeared. It was actually a zorua in disguise.

Tim, another trainer nearbye whos name Akoto had heard him say, commented on how zorua can use illusions by turning into other people and pokemon, and asked if the zorua trainer was taking part in the battle academy.

As an attempt to get out of the akward question he was going to ask Rico, he added on to what Tim asked.

"Why else would a trainer with a zorua, a pokemon from a completely different reigon, be here?" He said to Tim, realizing he sounded sort of rude.

"Names Akoto."

Akoto turned his attention to the zorua trainer.

"You are taking in the battle academy aren't ya? Im sure my pokemon would love to take on that zorua of yours. We have never seen one before."

Last edited:

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
OOC: ninjad me on post, but no worires, post shouldn't be too off.

Mazu Sun
Slateport Harbor

Mazu eyes slightly narrowed as he observed a pokemon who was shape shifting into both pokemon and humans. He only heard rumors about zoruas and their evolutions, thanks to the researcher’s radio station that he had normally on when listening for new discoveries. Maybe this year wouldn’t be bad if there were plenty of variety of pokemon to teach with strategies. His thoughts were distracted when talk about contest battle practicing was being planned when they were all on the boats. He smirked slightly at the thought of the girl with the brown ponytail hair said she would graduate near the top of the classes of coordinators.

To him, contest battles were all about strategizing, not really on how beautiful the moves are. In his eyes, the contest battles was all about setting up your moves for maximum damage and effect, while at the same time, leading your opponent into a position where you wanted them to be in. Perhaps the girl needed to be schooled a bit in his classes, but for now, he would wait to burst her bubble soon. He had seen on televisions that most of the top coordinators were often trainers who trained time to time with gym leaders. He was distracted from the conversations when an oshawott popped out and was soon in the girl with the ponytail’s bag and suppressed a groan. He knew there was nothing wrong with each region starters, but they made battles boring as region starters was most likely there to just overpower their opponents with sheer power. He let out a sigh as thankfully, no one had noticed him yet and he preferred it that way.

George~©

All Gravy
OOC: Yeah I know that Mon.

@@MiGo: NOOOOOOOO lol, I was just leaving it for later, meaning now.

Akoto's hesitation in asking his question made Rico wonder. He pulled the Moon Stone his uncle had just given him out of his pocket; he thought Akoto was going to tell him where to get one.

"I've already got the Moon Stone. It was a gift from my uncle literally 20 minutes ago. But I know when i'm going to evolve him, and thats not just yet." Nidorino looked up at him and smiled. However it seemed as if Nidorino was agitated by something. He could sense another pokemon nearby, but he couldn't see it. When the trainer became a Nidorino, he was startled for a second, but then realised it was just a big trick.

Zorua sparked the same kind of reaction. It was a rarity, and Rico was obsessed with rarity's. As Zorua turned into Nidorino however, Nidorino became agitated. He felt as if he was being mocked, and did the only logical thing in his eyes: retaliation. Turning round and pushing its back legs into Zorua, one lifting Zorua into the air, the other sending it flying across the pavement. A super effective blow from Double Kick.

"Nidorino! Calm down for gods sake!" yelled Rico, now annoyed with Nidorino's abnormal behaviour today. Rico immediately returned Nidorino and faced Zorua's trainer. "Im so sorry about that, he's not normally like this. I hope Zorua is okay." Rico said apologetically. He felt slightly ashamed with Nidorino's behaviour today; the staredowns with other pokemon, and now this. Nidorino I know you're eager to battle, but c'mon. You dont Double Kick another pokemon outside of a battle like that... Rico looked up at the trainer. "I'm Rico by the way. Whats your name?"

Last edited:

iStorm

Zorua was knocked flying into the pavement a couple meters away. Zorua slowly started to get back up, a black orb starting to form in front of his mouth. Cory quickly realized Zorua was about to attack with Shadow Ball, and grabbed a Poke ball quickly.
"Zorua, enough" he shouted with anger. Before Zorua could fire off his Shadow Ball, he dematerialized back into his Poke ball.

"Uh, sorry about that, and that's perfectly fine for your, er... Pokemon to retaliate. Zorua can be quite a troublemaker.", Cory rubbed the back of his neck anxiously, trying to figure out who all asked him questions , "Pleased to meet you all , I'm Cory by the way, don't know if I already mentioned that. It is true that I'm entering the battle academy, got to refine my battling skills. Glad to see a fellow Unovian here as well."
Cory stuffed Zorua's Poke ball into his jacket pocket, "You guys have some interesting Pokemon here, we don't see them that often over in Unova.Do you guys run into many people from Unova often, or Pokemon for that matter?"

Cory checked his C-gear for the time, an annoying habit that wouldn't go away. He quickly glanced in the direction of the boat. In a way he was glad he met some people. That way, he'd have some people to talk to. On the other hand, he'd have to talk to these people as well. He rubbed his right arm with his left arm, another annoying habit. "I'd love to battle, you guys, perhaps a little triple battle once we get on the boat? It doesn't overly matter."

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
OOC: if someone wants to guess who i based Halt of off, i will give them a scatterfish

Halt Jones

"Oy, a full three days biking really wears a guy down." muttered a tall male at the entrence to Slateport. Despite three days straight of cycling from Rustboro, Halt had enough excitment to keep him going through the day. Pulling the black fedora over his eyes, Halt walked into the city, watching the vendors attempt to swindle people out of money, as well as items. His hat started vibrating, startling serveral people near him. "Calm down Scuttle. No one here wants to fight...yet." muttered Halt under his breath.

Noticing a group of kids with pokemon talking, Halt sat near them, looking more like an observer than an actual attendent of the acadamy. Psyco, however, was intrested in the others. the ralts wandered over, and stood near the kid with the mysterous dark type. SHe was intreged, since being a Psychic type, she was normally weak to this type. However, she was trained to be intrested in enemies, not afraid of them. Halt let her get close, taking this as a chance to see if these trainers where the greedy type or the resposible type. He pulled the fedora over his eyes, making him seem asleep.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
OOC: I know that we're trying to hold off on battling, but do you think one or two might be fine for now? At least something to do while waiting for ardent dawn to come back on sunday?
Mazu Sun
Slateport Harbor

Mazu watched with slight interest as the real nidorino, angry at either being insulted or in front of another nidorino copy, used double kick and sent it flying where it landed a few yards away from the trainer who owned zorua. He watched with a small smirk as zorua got back and was attempting to retaliate before being recalled quickly into its pokeball. The trainer who owned the nidorino had also recalled his pokemon quickly after that. It did give him an idea on his first lesson though on what to teach these students if they ended up in his classroom, in which he’d teach them a thing or two. He knew it was one thing to let pokemon socialize with others and another to let a pokemon do whatever it wanted to do, which normally ends up with trouble.

This group had very little discipline in his eyes and would need a crash course on control. He shook his head slightly as he looked around and saw a ralts heading close to the group, especially near the trainer who owned the zorua. To his current knowledge, ralts never stray too far from their family or trainer and will usually be insecure about being close to others, yet seeing this ralts acting calm and being interested in the group confirmed to him that this ralts was owned and that it probably wandered off a bit. He toyed with the idea of throwing a pokeball at it just to irritate the trainer who owned it, but thought better and decided to make the ralts go back to its trainer. He walked away from his spot, near the end of pier, and headed towards the group. As he made his presence known, he looked down at the ralts and said, “As much fun as it would be to toy with you, I’d suggest you return to your trainer. It’s already bad enough that we have some people who let their pokemon roam a bit too much.” He turned his head slightly to glance at both of the trainers who had recalled their pokemon before refocusing on the ralts.

Last edited:

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
"Hmph,....sorry but who are you? Its a little inpolite to just walk in and start dissing people.
At least introduce yourself." Akoto said with his arms crossed. He started looking around now noticing the ralts did wander up rather randomely.

"Frostbite!" Akoto said as he sent out his sneasel.

"Frost, can you do me a favor and sniff out this little ralts' trainer?" Akoto asked it, thinking the ralts may be lost.

Sneasel was glad to. Although it had just been after there little fight about the sharp claw, sneasel still seemed happy to be around Akoto.

Akoto wondered if sneasel was just putting on a nice face for the crowd, and not trying to amke a fuss by being mad at Akoto. It was sneasels nature to be quiet and calm, so it wouldnt be a suprise.

"Pehaps its trainer isnt too far.....oh right-" Akoto turned his attention back to the trainer who just showed up.

"So your name is?"

Last edited:

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Mazu Sun

Mazu raised an eyebrow at teenager who had a sneasel and said, “If it’s a name you want, it’s Mr. Mazu to you. And as for my statement, I do know as a fact that ralts are not normally found around here and most ralts are usually shy around people. However, if you wish for a fight badly, I can easily arrange one with you.” He grabbed a luxury ball from his belt and idly fiddled with the pokeball. He wasn’t really interested in letting his absol out, but if it came to worse, he’d be ready. He resumed just really wanted to see if this guy was going to demand a battle or not and if he did, he’d glady accept it right then and there. Besides, his absol could use some warming up. He looked back over at the teen and asked, “so what is your decision? Are you going to be like the other trainers in which their pokemon lead them around or stay calm and think it through carefully?”

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Halt Jones

Psyco ignored the adult talking to her about leaving. She disliked people that talk to her as a small child since she was near the level to evolve. the other kid was using a Sneasel to search for Halt, but was heading into the crowd instead of the obvious trainer a mere 3 yards away on a bench. Walking back to Halt, Psyco took out one of her magaines again, preferring to read than to get into conflict.

"Well, neither of you are greedy, that much is for sure. However, i find it intriging that neither of you noticed me on this bench, 3 meters away." spoke Halt, turning his gaze to the adult and the kid. Scuttle was getting nervious, having noticed Halt's tone, which usualy appeared before a battle. Psyco noticed it too, and had rolled her magazine back up. Turning to the group, she inserted the rolled magazine into the bag, and looked at the group. "The name's Halt. Halt Jones. I hope that you two were only forgeting that i was here, and not trying to take Psyco away..." Halt really hated making asuptions like this, but the exhustion from cycling was clouding his judgement. Scuttle ppoked his head out from under Halt's fedora, and shivered again at the look of the strong trainers.

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
"I don't recall asking you to battle. But if your so eager to have one, we might as well wait until we have got on the boat. You look like a pretty strong trainer. I'd be glad to fight you"

Akoto turned his head to Rico

"That is after me and rico take each other on, settling Luxio and Nidorinos little dispute" Akot said putting on a little smile.

"Sneasel, go on and guide Ralts back to it's trainer once you've sniffed him out"

As sneasel did this, the ralts found its trainer.

He said his name was Halt Jones, and was hoping we only forgot he was there, and no trying to take his ralts away.

Akoto was a little offended by this, but didnt want to spark any other arguments, so he tried not to say anything rude.

"No sir." I didnt see you on the bench. Sorry about that..." Akoto felt a little dumb, not noticing the trainer in the first place.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
OOC:I will have to apologize for my semi-blocks of text, it's how I do it.

Mazu Sun

Mazu smiled slightly as the teen agreed to battling him. Despite after that he was ignored as he turned to face the other teen near him. As he was about to simply walk away, a slightly older teen wearing a black fedora came up and claimed his ralts while adding an accusation. The teen beside him apologized to him in hopes of avoiding another argument. He, however, felt like toying with him. He turned and face the teen who called himself Halt Jones and drawled out, “No, I was just planning on seeing how long it would take for you to come out and reclaim your pokemon before something… bad happened to it.” He enlarged his pokeball and tossed it into the air and let it fall back into his open palm before miniaturizing it and placing it back on his belt. “Besides, I do believe that out of all the trainers here, you have the smallest hope of defeating me, and that’s me being generous.”

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Halt Jones

"Great first imprestion, loser." thought Halt about himself. Shaking his head to clear it, he gave a bow to the teacher. "I am sorry about that, sir. You see, i had to cycle for three days straight to get here on time. THe exhustion cloaded my judgement." apologized Halt to the older trainer. Getting on bad terms with the person who was much older and more experienced than him would be a bad idea. Seeing that Halt cooled down, Psyco jumped in the bag, and pulled out her magazine again. Using COnfusion to hold it in front of her, Psyco leaned against Halt's leg to read. "You must be one of the academy teachers, but that is only a guess, but i really have to say, to think after only seeing my Psychic type you have an advantage. In my experience with evacuating fossils, it is best to know everything you can before starting the dig. You don't, and you risk breaking a precious fossil." Lifting his fedora off his head, he revealed Scuttle.

"Little Scuttle here is a Bug-Rock type, a shiny anorith, to be exact. And this...." continued Halt as he reached into his bag to pull out a hunk of rock. "Is another fossil. To be honest, i have no idea what fossil it is, but i prefer to find out myself." Putting the fossil back into his bag and recovering Scuttle with his fedora, Halt walked back to the bench, Psyco in tow. Sitting back, Halt made sure that at least one eye was on the group at all times. They were intriging. Very intriging.

Last edited:

George~©

All Gravy
OOC: Battles are fine, but wait til' we get on the boat... which is now. Also, discussion thread approved by RaZoR LeAf, I'll create it asap.

Rico's mind was being attacked by the joy of seeing rare pokemon. A shiny anorith wasn't something a trainer would see everyday, he was in awe at the colours. But the actions of the older trainer were inexcusable. Rico had only just made proper friends, he wasn't going to let anyone diss them right infront of his face.

"If its a battle you're looking for, you're battling me of all people." Rico started, swiveling Nidorino's pokéball on his left index finger and catching it in his hand again. "Nidorino is itching for a battle, I can already tell you'll be a challenge. Win or lose, its good for the experience." Rico wasn't afraid of losing, however he overestimated himself, and unbeknownst to him, this trainer was tough. "Mr. Mazu was it? I'm challenging you."

Turning round looking at Akoto, he paused for a moment. "That is after my battle with Akoto anyway. You'll both see my pokémons true strength." he looked around at the other trainers the older guy had disrespected, and smiled. He would be the one to defend their honour.

"So whats it gonna be old timer?"

As Rico said this, the foghorn went off. The boat was ready to leave.

"Crap, c'mon guys, the boats gonna leave soon, we've been here for too long. Lets go!" Rico panicked, starting to run off towards the boat. The others followed shortly behind. Approaching the man at the entrance to the boat, Rico stopped, bent over, and panted. "Ri-Rico Ariki..." he said, catching his breath within words. The navy dressed guy looked down at him, then to his clipboard. "Rico Ariki eh... yep. You're signed up, go on through." the man said in a deep tone.

"Thank... Thankyou..." Rico panted, making his way onto the boat. From here on out there was no turning back. The battle academy was nearing, and Rico could hardly contain his excitement.

OOC2: ^ This is acceptable bunnying, moving another character, since its going to happen anyway.

Last edited: