• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon - Battle Frontier (08,09)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think it's one of my favorite seosons.

Especially the battle frontier battles, they were great with a lot of tactic.

8/10

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I like this arc.It had the BF from Emerald in the best region in the Pokeworld,Kanto.I hope they do another arc like this.

9/10

G50

No longer posting
The Battle Frontier season was my least favorite. The Contests and Frontier battles were the best of all seasons thus far. The fillers on the other hand, I didn't like all that much. There wasn't much creativity used in the fillers. It was great to finally see some of my favorite Pokemon Evolve, and hatch, and be caught by the gang. It was cool to see the Kanto Region cities and towns again, brought back a lot of good memories.

50/100

pampam88

Pokenerd/Animenerd=D
Frontier has my favorite episode: Battling the Enemy Within. I'm a sucker for plots that envolve brain-washing/mind control...it's weird, I know..

I loved the Battle Frontier. By far my favorite arc. I loved the evolutions, captures, etc. I thought some of the fillers were good, and I loved all the Frontier battles and contests.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Battle Frontier was the best. The best battles were done here. I liked that Ash had a hard time with Brandon to show us how determined he was. I liked that Ash was evil for a day. It would have been nice to see him that way for a few more episodes, but it was fine. I didn't get the Misty cameo again. I didn't get that Brock's family was struggling again and I didn't like that Ash still didn't have a rival. But I loved May's contests, I loved the Frontier brains. I had no problems with either of them. And I liked that Ash challenged Agatha before the start of this. I loved the idea of Ash using his Kanto Pokemon and May using alot of Kanto Pokemon too. It was good to see them help cater to the Emerald BF franchise.

phanpycross

God-king
This season man:

fillers werent run of the mill, evil scizor, time travel, and evil Ash were so out of the norm.

Ash already having a badass team allowed for the writers to give Ash stronger opponents.

Such a delight to see may again, not sure about Max.

Dub was pretty terrible, but that is the only problem i have.

8/10

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
My 2nd favorite series. It made me nostalgic with the Kanto starter trio returning, and it had great battles and alot of focus on May and her awesome rivals. I'd rate this series 9/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I loved the BF i think it was great to do something different. I hope one day they do the Sinnoh BF

Eh, the Kanto BF saga was just an over-glorified Gym arc tbh. The BF facilities lacked originality, so I wouldn't want to see something like this again.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I loved the Battle Frontier arc cuz we got to see lots of Ash's old pokemon from Oak's lab battle in the facilities and even May got some attention while she did contests. Sadly Max and Brock took a backseat while this arc progressed. ^^; The Battle Pyramid episodes were my favourites from this storyarc.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I hated how the Battle Frontier was paced in terms of the Battle Pyramid mini-arc. God, watching Ash fail against Regirock and Registeel was painful and took too long.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I hated how the Battle Frontier was paced in terms of the Battle Pyramid mini-arc. God, watching Ash fail against Regirock and Registeel was painful and took too long.

I didn't mind Ash vs Brandon round one cuz Ash was possessed and didn't get to tap into Sceptile's full power, tho Ash vs Brandon round two was frustrating cuz Ash used Torkoal who was clearly no match for Registeel even with a type advantage.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Yeah, Ash should've used something else for that battle. But the fact that Ash needed three attempts to win the Brave Symbol grinds my gears, regardless. :mad:

I liked how Ash finally won with Pikachu against Regice, tho to this day I can't believe how all Ash got for defeating Noland, Greta, Tucker, Lucy, Spenser, Anabel and Brandon was a plaque ha ha. I dunno, it seemed like a letdown to me. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
all Ash got for defeating Noland, Greta, Tucker, Lucy, Spenser, Anabel and Brandon was a plaque ha ha.

Blame Ash for that mess; Scott had offered him a Frontier Brain position at the end - which would have justified all of Ash's efforts in this saga - but Ash declined...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Blame Ash for that mess; Scott had offered him a Frontier Brain position at the end - which would have justified all of Ash's efforts in this saga - but Ash declined...

I know about that, tho even if Ash had agreed to it I wouldn't have been satisfied cuz I couldn't imagine Ash as a Frontier Brain. May winning Kanto's Grand Festival would've made more sense than that from my perspective.