• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon - Best Wishes/Black & White (13, 14, 15)

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
The tournies were good too minus the league maybe.

Even though I was irritated when Kotetsu defeated Satoshi, the Isshu League wasn't so bad in hindsight. I would've made some changes however, such as having Cabernet compete.

MockingJ

Banned
I think I'm still suffering from PTSD because of this saga. Honestly, the best things about it was Team Rocket, Krookodile, Dawn's cameo, and Charizard's return, all of which they somehow managed to screw up. Honestly, I'm glad it's over.

I don't see how Dawn's cameo was even considered a highlight since she didn't do much, not even in the tournament since she lost to Iris's Dragonite pretty quickly.

Kintaro

Banned
I don't see how Dawn's cameo was even considered a highlight since she didn't do much, not even in the tournament since she lost to Iris's Dragonite pretty quickly.

The first few eps she came back had fun character interactions, and even if she lost the Mamoswine Vs. Dragonite battle is still one of the best ones of BW. Besides that some just liked seeing her again since she may never appear in the anime again or who knows how long

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:

Some fans simply liked the fact that she came back even if it was only temporarily. She may've lost to Iris, but I still thought that her inclusion in the tournament was a good idea since she deserved a chance to show off her improved skills.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sonnas said:
I want to ask did this series have pokemon spam Attract a lot?

Yes, mostly at the beginning of the saga since Satoshi's Tsutarja knew the attack, and then we saw Iris' Emonga use it a few times once she debuted.

Sonnas

Yes, mostly at the beginning of the saga since Satoshi's Tsutarja knew the attack, and then we saw Iris' Emonga use it a few times once she debuted.
It’s just how it worked it seemed like basically a “I win” move.
So they stopped using it later on then?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sonnas said:
It’s just how it worked it seemed like basically a “I win” move.
So they stopped using it later on then?

The writers slowly stopped depending on Attract as the saga progressed, although it was still used on occasion whenever the writers wrote themselves into a corner and needed a quick way to justify a win.

Sonnas

So now I've reached to the part where they would've gone to Opelucid City but instead to Virbank City. I'm guessing at this time BW2 was coming out and they're advertising it?

Sonnas

Just finished the Team Plasma arc on Best Wishes, all in all it's kinda meh. I’ll give it credit that I liked how N was presented and his characterization and development, as well as Colress for how sinister he was, oh and their dub VA sounded great.
In fact I’d say Colress is the villan of this arc since while Ghetsis is the leader of Team plasma he doesn’t do much besides leading the members and it isn't until the second to last episode when he does the ceremony.
Well......guess there's nothing else left but to watch the Decolore Islands arc, and I feel like this is going to suck.

Sonnas

Something I noticed in all of the Best Wishes season is that they keep reusing stock footage for Pokemon attacking like Pikachu's Thunderbolt or Snivy's Leaf Blade or Leaf Storm and it's so noticeable it get me annoyed at times.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Something I noticed in all of the Best Wishes season is that they keep reusing stock footage for Pokemon attacking like Pikachu's Thunderbolt or Snivy's Leaf Blade or Leaf Storm and it's so noticeable it get me annoyed at times.
It happens in every series, even XY and SM(these have custom background at least)
But it is indeed more noticeable in BW, for some reason

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sonnas said:

I do remember recycled attack animations being a big problem in early BW specifically. Pokabu and Mijumaru in particular seemed to have the most recycled attacks among Satoshi's team.

keepitsimple

site of lies
I don't get the complaints about attract. It wasn't an automatic win move; we've seen it be dodged, countered or not work more often than we've seen it used successfully. And no it wasn't there because the writers "wrote themselves into a corner" (that's a bit condescending too), it was there as a gag and I assume so we would know the genders of most of the group's pokemon

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet

It can't be much worse than the recycled attack animations from the Kanto episodes like Bulbasaur using Razor Leaf and it looking the same 75% of the time.

Sonnas

It can't be much worse than the recycled attack animations from the Kanto episodes like Bulbasaur using Razor Leaf and it looking the same 75% of the time.
They literally use the same Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, Leaf Storm, Water Gun, Ember/Flame Charge animations alot in this.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
They literally use the same Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, Leaf Storm, Water Gun, Ember/Flame Charge animations alot in this.

Believe me I know I was just saying that the anime does this a lot not just in Black & White. I think maybe there could have been budget issues?