• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Dekorola Adventure! (April 25th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I want Ash to beat their butts basically. I mean is that too much to ask? I mean BW has disappointed fans in so many ways, this would be a great way to end on a high note. And to make up for their mistakes. And that includes Cameron and Virgil losing to Ash lol.

It is too much to ask. Just like you said, BW has disappointed fans in so many ways, and I'm not going to hold high hopes for some magic tournament, mirroring the league set up, where Ash suddenly beats everybody.. -.-

From my grasping, all I got was Tracy had 3 pokemon just like Cilan currently does. But who knows right?

Tracy had Marill and Venonat when they first met and caught Scyther..

This is basically another orange islands. However, with X and Y being released internationally, we might be spared from a dubbed filler-saga.

No, the dub will likely stay the same, or 'marathon' most of this series in a weekend or two.

My opinion is that maybe Ash's Lapras will return in this arc!!! Maybe it will be asking too much after Charizard's return; but Charizard AND Lapras already returned in some occasions, during Johto's journey. So I want to think that everything is possible and there's a chance this will actually happen.

After all, Lapras is one of the Pokemon saw in the first version of "Be an Arrow". An all of those random Pokemon (or maybe most of them) has been seen in an episode from "Best Wishes 2"; either the first arc or episode N. Most of them, with an important role

Well, I guess you get the idea with this list. So, there's a chance that Ash's Lapras will return in this arc to serve, once again, as the main character's transport through the islands. In the games "Pokemon White 2" and "Pokemon Black 2", Iris also has a Lapras; but I highly doubt they will make another main character to capture a Lapras, eclipsing the memory of Ash's Lapras. Just like they haven't allowed Ash to capture an Onix which could eclipse the memory of Brock's Onix. I really hope Ash's Lapras will return in this arc. Especially if we realize that in most of the movie's promo images, there's no sign of Ash's sixth Pokemon. (It can be anyone, I admit; but I believe there's a BIG reason for not showing us which one it is yet).

About the other episodes:
+ Jirachi's episode: Sounds interesting, but why do I have the feeling that is going to recycle several things from its movie? Anyway, with all thos Ghost type Pokemon, I would like to see Ash capturing one of them; maybe bringing his old Noctowl back from Oak's lab. I would like Ash would capture the Gengar, as a reminder of the Haunter he never officially captured.
+ Treasure's Episode: It's obvious that the "big treasure" is going to be a trunks full of evolutionary stones, as all the Pokemon appearing around it evolve thanks to those stones. We have Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Shiftry, Mismagius and Ninetales. Even if it airs AFTER the movie, I wouldn't count on Pansage's evolution, just like Misty's Staryu or Brock's Vulpix never evolved. Pikachu will have to be very careful with the Thunder Stones.

Well, opinions?

Opinions... Lapras and Scrafty are two notable ones that still need to appear from that opening. The idea of Lapras returning isn't so farfetched if this is a tropical climate, which Lapras' group originally moved about it. However, Lapras is the leader of its herd these days, so I doubt it will leave its herd, unless there is a suitable successor.

Scrafty may appear if Scraggy evolves along with Axew at the tail end of this arc, but you never can tell for sure.

May captured Bulbasaur and got a Squirtle from Oak. How is that not eclipsing Ash's two originals?

About the episodes, at one point, you're suggesting that they never capture a pokemon that would 'eclipse' another, but then you suggest capturing Gengar because of the Haunter that he never officially caught.. That still eclipses the fact that he bonded with that specific Haunter. For the Jirachi episode, I hope it's at least a two parter, or else I'll get Phione-vibes..

The treasure episode I agree with.. Fire, Water, Thunder, Leaf, Dusk and another Fire-stone evolvers, and a big trunk of shiny gems. The only possibilities are Pansage and Pikachu, and both will likely refuse to evolve as well.. Luckily (pukes), there is an Eevee-plot, so we'll likely see a few evolutions eitherway.. Not on relatively interesting cast members, but anyway.. An evolution is an evolution. Is Virgil confirmed for this one btw?

I'm not sure why people claim that, but personally i just think Movie 16 just seems more fitting to take place during Episode N. I'd like to think of the Team Plasma/Genesect hidden plots all grouped together, instead of hinted and then brought back later in an arc that is much less relevant. Movie 1's cameo scenes all took place around the correct time as Movie 1 (even though the movie was delayed that wasn't the writers fault) so i'd like Movie 16 to do the same.

I never did believe Charizard would stay long, and the length of BWN8 - BWN13 is an appropriate length for his return. If Oshawott does departure (not saying he will) it only supports the fact that Movie 16 does indeed take place before DA.

The thing is, perhaps the movie will not have much to do with Team Plasma at all, just with the Genesect that were at one point created by Team Plasma and are now freed from their bonds, but still programmed to be murdering machines. There's a good chance that TP will not feature in the movie (outside of a possible flashback?)

And the length is BWn8-14 up to the conclusion.. The Oshawott episode is similar to Pikachu's goodbye, and nothing will come off it.

The faster we find out whether their are any team changes or not, the faster I can decide If I care for this arc. I'm not here for random fillers until October.

I agree. Aside from team changes, a slight glimps into plot would be helpful as well. Is this OI-redux, with five official gyms? Or just fillers? We don't know. Hence their hype falls short.

Charizard could return 50 times and he would still be more epic than Pidgeot or any of Ash's reserves ever could be. I doubt Ash even knows where Pidgeot is at this point.

Charizard was retconned to Oak's Lab, who's to say that Pidgeot can't be there as well, or at least retconned?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It is too much to ask. Just like you said, BW has disappointed fans in so many ways, and I'm not going to hold high hopes for some magic tournament, mirroring the league set up, where Ash suddenly beats everybody.. -.-

Tracy had Marill and Venonat when they first met and caught Scyther..

No, the dub will likely stay the same, or 'marathon' most of this series in a weekend or two.

Opinions... Lapras and Scrafty are two notable ones that still need to appear from that opening. The idea of Lapras returning isn't so farfetched if this is a tropical climate, which Lapras' group originally moved about it. However, Lapras is the leader of its herd these days, so I doubt it will leave its herd, unless there is a suitable successor.

Scrafty may appear if Scraggy evolves along with Axew at the tail end of this arc, but you never can tell for sure.

May captured Bulbasaur and got a Squirtle from Oak. How is that not eclipsing Ash's two originals?

About the episodes, at one point, you're suggesting that they never capture a pokemon that would 'eclipse' another, but then you suggest capturing Gengar because of the Haunter that he never officially caught.. That still eclipses the fact that he bonded with that specific Haunter. For the Jirachi episode, I hope it's at least a two parter, or else I'll get Phione-vibes..

The treasure episode I agree with.. Fire, Water, Thunder, Leaf, Dusk and another Fire-stone evolvers, and a big trunk of shiny gems. The only possibilities are Pansage and Pikachu, and both will likely refuse to evolve as well.. Luckily (pukes), there is an Eevee-plot, so we'll likely see a few evolutions eitherway.. Not on relatively interesting cast members, but anyway.. An evolution is an evolution. Is Virgil confirmed for this one btw?

The thing is, perhaps the movie will not have much to do with Team Plasma at all, just with the Genesect that were at one point created by Team Plasma and are now freed from their bonds, but still programmed to be murdering machines. There's a good chance that TP will not feature in the movie (outside of a possible flashback?)

And the length is BWn8-14 up to the conclusion.. The Oshawott episode is similar to Pikachu's goodbye, and nothing will come off it.

I agree. Aside from team changes, a slight glimps into plot would be helpful as well. Is this OI-redux, with five official gyms? Or just fillers? We don't know. Hence their hype falls short.

Charizard was retconned to Oak's Lab, who's to say that Pidgeot can't be there as well, or at least retconned?

Yea he was technically retconned to the lab, but ash already knew exactly where he was at regardless. With pidgeot, he just him go with the other pidgeys just like that and has never even mentioned him since. It's implied pidgeot will be gone forever.

Nightstar1994

An evolution is an evolution. Is Virgil confirmed for this one btw?

Hell no. He better not return, i got tired of this guy's bland personality after the first Eevee episode. I wanted Dino to win the League. Why does Virgil need to be an Eevee Guardian and fly everywhere in the world where the Eevees are (And coincidentally Ash and co. too.)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Other than Jirachi finally getting an episode, the revealed eps so far look fairly boring. I HOPE something interesting happens before this gen ends.

Johto ended with Ash beating Gary and losing to a Blaziken, AG ended with Ash finishing the Battle Frontier, DP ended with Ash losing to a Latios.

If Unova ends with a bunch of fillers...it'll be ridiculous.

It looks like that will be the case anyway. They rushed too quick through Best Wishes that they really don't have anything else to put until the new game comes out. So you can either sit back and watch or don't watch and wiat for a new series to take place.

Lucas MV

Well... a few things:

-I think Lapras have a good chance of returning, Ash is visiting an archipelago again and Lapras is featured in that opening. All the pokemon in that opening have already appeared and with relatively important roles, as Eddieursa already said. Besides, all the movie posters so far show: Pikachu, Charizard, Pignite, Snivy and Oshawott. No sign of who is Ash's sixth pokemon. It could be Lapras, or at least Lapras could appear again in an episode, without staying later. I mean, A Lapras has to appear yet, what better than in an archipelago and what better than Ash's?

-Then we have Scrafty, the other pokemon in that opening that hasn't appear yet. I'm pretty sure that Ash's Scraggy will evolve in battle with Axew at the end of this saga.

-I agree that the Movie 16 won't have much to do with Team Plasma. They probably are gonna show/ mention that they created or modificated Genesect in a flashback at the begining and that's it. Just like TR in Movie 1.

-I hope they make some kind of gyms or tournament in where Ash competes in that archipelago. If not... it will be a little boring.

-Charizard wasn't at Oak's lab. Oak mention Ash that "Charizard has just arrived from Charizific Valley, here is his pokeball". So basically they've cut the first part of the phone call.

-Oshawott won't leave or evolve. He is on the movie poster as an Oshawott, and the movie airs on July 13th. This is probably a situation similar to Charizific Valley, except Oshawott manages to beat that Dewott without evolving and stay wth Ash. Nice development for Oshawott, specially if he learn a new move, but nothing more.

-Charizard isn't leaving before DA neither, as Oshawott he is on the movie poster that airs on July 13th too. Besides, if you look at this last poster: http://www.serebii.net/corocoro3132.jpg ... Dragonite isn't there at all. Charizard took his place in importance. And that can't be done if he is around for only 5-6 episodes, then leave, and then when the movie airs magically appears again. They have to make childrens get used to Charizard, so I'm sure he will stay at least til the time the movie airs. And then, there's no reason for Ash to leave Charizard again. He asked Charizard to travel with him again because he missed him, not because of Team Plasma. So there's no reason for Ash to say "Hey, I'm going to Dekorora Islands, let's leave Charizard behind again... *Charizard pop out of his pokeball" ... I'm bored of you again, I'll call you when I start to miss you, ok?".... yeah, not happening xD.

Last edited:

ludiloco

Watch the first Opening of Best wishes Season 2, even Primeape is there and not Pidgeot since it was released.

LizardonX

Banned
I bet the dub will just cut this entire arc out since it is just a collection of fillers to waste time til XY. Since dub watchers wont be missing out on much its perfect for getting evrryone caught up.

Lucas MV

I bet the dub will just cut this entire arc out since it is just a collection of fillers to waste time til XY. Since dub watchers wont be missing out on much its perfect for getting evrryone caught up.

If they didn't cut the massive gap between the 7th and the 8th Sinnoh gym, what makes you think they will cut this? xD

LizardonX

Banned
If they didn't cut the massive gap between the 7th and the 8th Sinnoh gym, what makes you think they will cut this? xD

I dont think you are trolling so I l'll post a response.

There is nothing of importance plotwise from here on out after EPN.

In sinnoh in the gap they had

Brandon
Pauls Past
Regi battle with J
Ash vs Paul 6v6
HGSS promotion arc.
Grand Festival
Team Galactic finish
ash getting Gible
The appearance of 2 elite four
Twinleaf festival arc
Infernape
Torterra.
Togekiss
Cyndaquil.
An entire arc on draco meteor.
Dawn perfecting her elemental combos.

I'm probably missing out here.

And remember the league and gym 8 has not happened yet. Plus there was time.

Lucas MV

Most of those DP episodes weren't fillers though, if this is all fillers I don't see why they couldn't do that.

Because they haven't done that before.

I dont think you are trolling so I l'll post a response.

There is nothing of importance plotwise from here on out after EPN.

In sinnoh in the gap they had

Brandon
Pauls Past
Regi battle with J
Ash vs Paul 6v6
HGSS promotion arc.
Grand Festival
Team Galactic finish
ash getting Gible
The appearance of 2 elite four
Twinleaf festival arc
Infernape
Torterra.
Togekiss
Cyndaquil.
An entire arc on draco meteor.
Dawn perfecting her elemental combos.

I'm probably missing out here.

And remember the league and gym 8 has not happened yet. Plus there was time.

I know. Was just kidding xD. My mistake for not making it clear. Anyway, I don't think they'll cut this part of the anime. They haven't done that before with anything. Besides, we still don't know if its all fillers. And how is Charizard being in the team something the dub watchers won't miss out on in that case? :p

Last edited:

diakyu

The Oshawott episode (due to Osha development) and Rotom (due to Oak catching a Pokemon) episodes are probably not fillers. Why are people claiming this saga is nothing but fillers?

And saying the dub is going to skip this is a ridiculous statement.

LizardonX

Banned
The Oshawott episode (due to Osha development) and Rotom (due to Oak catching a Pokemon) episodes are probably not fillers. Why are people claiming this saga is nothing but fillers?

And saying the dub is going to skip this is a ridiculous statement.

And come september to october who would people rather watch? These random and most likely boring technical non fillers or XY?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Tracey caught Scyther

Misty caught Poliwag

Ash caught Snorlax

No reason why Dento can't get a capture. Oh yeah, if they actually remember he's part of the cast. >.>

Hmmm...

Cilan: Sableye

Iris: Deino

Ash: 6th Gen baby or Older pokemon with 6th gen evolution.

diakyu

While I see why it would make sense for them to skip it, they just won't. I would believe it if they had skipped entire arcs in the past, but they haven't, and why start now.

LizardonX

Banned
And what if there are captures or evolutions. Just show parts of a new region to confuse the heck out of little kids?

Which will for all intents and purposes be nonexistent by gen 6 and the odds of it happening are lower than low. The real reason they rushed unova is so there's a ballast arc at the end that the dub can drop to be able to synchronize with the japanese version.

Status
Not open for further replies.