• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Dekorola Adventure! (April 25th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuki Mirai

So, this arc is basically "I don't know why I'm still here in this region but I'm gonna stick around and waste more time." Wonderful.

Rohanator

BW1 was far too rushed and developed not a single pokemon.
BW2 was depressing to say the least (Meloetta dragging on/JC/League?)
BWn is still okay, discounting that there is no development for Ash's team.
BW4 looks horrifying.

So what, one quarter (not really) of this series has been moderately okay, but not rivaling DP, come on. That series had structure and story telling, where that only happened in BWn in this series, while the rest of the series has been as flat as a piece of paper.

It's all kinda subjective. Some people simply don't look for good story telling in Pokemon, but just entertainment. I mean lets be honest here, even at it's best Pokemon is still pretty badly written. BW has all kinds of fun stuff. That said DP is still probably my favourite series, but BW is really good in different ways. Imo. Plot wise its villain stuff beats all other Pokemon series hands down. Maybe if J was more recurring.

EDIT: GOOD LORD don't jump the gun people, they ain't revealing everything at once. There might very well be a competition.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
So, this arc is basically "I don't know why I'm still here in this region but I'm gonna stick around and waste more time." Wonderful.

Well they're kind of in a weird spot, because they don't have enough time for a full new arc, but enough time where they need to have something.

nuzamaki90

Looking at the poster again it seems like there is some kind of hidden circular logo hidden behind the letters I hope that means its some part of Orange League thing.

Or just a compass :|

God do I hope Lapras appears in this, it would be so cool to see Ash ride on her again now that she's grown more and pack leader. Crossing the archipelago by just riding uninteresting boats would be pretty lame.

It really seems like now that BW's main story is over, the writers are doing a nostalgia run for the older fans just to kill time. It's cool and all but I hope this archipelago has some kind of competition going on or else like I said before...

These next 6 months are gonna suck

Edit: Don't know if anyone has noticed but, there is a 3 week gap between the N climax and the Oshawott episode, so maybe we might get an introduction episode, reaching the region episode, and gym/tournament introduction/showcase episode before the next 4 weeks of fillers take place.

Last edited:

NeoDude-5000

If this new group of islands (whatever they're called) has a a league, Ash better battle the leaders in proper battles and doing not silly little challenges like in the Orange Islands.

I don't think there's gonna be a league, but I'd like to see at least one tournament or a smaller competition, with some rivals (I want to see Bianca at least once more!!) and a variety of Pokémon taking part. I'm still hoping for a tournament arranged by Benga, him being the final opponent and handing out an egg for the winner... as in the games. Not sure if that'll fit in in this mini arc, but hopefully it's not full of fillers!

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

That's basically the idea. They are stalling for more time. If they hadn't rushed so bad in the beginning, then maybe things would be different.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
That's basically the idea. They are stalling for more time. If they hadn't rushed so bad in the beginning, then maybe things would be different.

I have a feeling that this series would have been written way better if they haven't rushed through the badge quest.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I have a feeling this is going to be a filler series and nothing interesting is going to happen...

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I have a feeling that this series would have been written way better if they haven't rushed through the badge quest.

Exactly. I mean what was the rush from Clay's gym from Elesas to the Ice gym. I mean they couldhave used to filler episodes for Trip and Bianca'sbetter development. They even could have had Team Plasma show up back then if they were going to keep staying this long in Unova anyway.

SlimeStack

I think it's kind of weird that they've made this. I can see why they'd want to do an N story post-league, but the Orange Islands were made purely because they hadn't intended for the anime to go past Kanto. With Best Wishes, they would have had to actually plan to have a 20 episode gap at the end.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
If this new group of islands (whatever they're called) has a a league, Ash better battle the leaders in proper battles and doing not silly little challenges like in the Orange Islands.

I honestly don't think there's enough time for something like that. I mean we already know that we're getting some fillers in this saga and given that BW ends in autumn, I don't see how the writers would make a big tournament fit. Besides, I'm not here for another tournament if it means that Ash will lose, which I'm sure would happen anyway.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
To be fair, one thing Best wishes didn't have that the last two regions did were an extra full year because of the remakes, so bw2 threw a curveball at the anime.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly I just want to see the reason for them traveling to this place.

LizardonX

Banned
Honestly I just want to see the reason for them traveling to this place.

Ash sees a poster advertising it. Since he has nothing better to do before XY comes out of nowhere like magic he probably can go. And since people in the pokeverse do not need schools or a source of income his companions are coming too.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Whatever is here in the Dekorola Archipelago, I just hope Ash wins. This is really giving me OS vibes by having Ash win a "minor" league after failing in the actual regional league.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I think somehow they're gonna pull off a story arc, one way or another. This is gonna be the Anime for a good 6 months of air time, so I doubt its gonna be all filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.