• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Dekorola Adventure! (April 25th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I want Ash to beat their butts basically. I mean is that too much to ask? I mean BW has disappointed fans in so many ways, this would be a great way to end on a high note. And to make up for their mistakes. And that includes Cameron and Virgil losing to Ash lol.

Nuuuuu!!! That Lucario won't die :(.... NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

Infernape55

Some Sketchy Guy
I don't know why it took me so long to notice the ship behind Ash and co, but I'll guess that may be the anime's equivalent to the Royal Unova. Maybe they turned the ship's timed battle thing into something that Ash can get involved in? Anyway, maybe he somehow acquires tickets for the RU, or like Oak invites him to the Islands and gives them to him.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I wouldn't mind (in fact, I'd encourage it) having a main character get a new Pokemon.

So far, Ash has 11 in rotation.
Iris has 4.
Cilan has 3...
Jessie now has 5, with her old Pokemon back.
James is the same, and with 4.

Cilan getting the short end of the stick. But it's always quality that matters, not quantity. Although, his team could use some spicing up. Especially now with Iris having a Dragonite, and Ash having a few powerhouses.

FlyAsADunsparce

He lost me at r2 burgundy.
I had to stop reading when I saw Ash beating Virgil.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the final team ash uses.
I was hoping that it was a joke when all 3 go to gen 6.

Ash beating Virgil makes sense, especially with Charizard on it's team. He took out an Articuno so he could easily sweep an eeveelutions team. The Cilan/Burgundy rivalry needs closure and Burgundy not being beat in the first round and beating Cilan gives it closure. The final team also makes sense because similar to DP, Trip's and Ash's pokemon have some rivalry with each other as well, as shown in the flashback at the league and it's his original team. This would be his last Unova battle and so a goodbye to his Unova pokemon and team as it is. All 3 of them going to gen 6 could also happen, because that too happened before with Misty and Brock.

Your criticism really isn't that good and even kinda rude, I'd like to see you make a speculation about a potential tournament, because as far as I'm concerned mine makes a lot of sense.

LizardonX

Banned
Ash beating Virgil makes sense, especially with Charizard on it's team. He took out an Articuno so he could easily sweep an eeveelutions team. The Cilan/Burgundy rivalry needs closure and Burgundy not being beat in the first round and beating Cilan gives it closure. The final team also makes sense because similar to DP, Trip's and Ash's pokemon have some rivalry with each other as well, as shown in the flashback at the league and it's his original team. This would be his last Unova battle and so a goodbye to his Unova pokemon and team as it is. All 3 of them going to gen 6 could also happen, because that too happened before with Misty and Brock.

Your criticism really isn't that good and even kinda rude, I'd like to see you make a speculation about a potential tournament, because as far as I'm concerned mine makes a lot of sense.

If you've seen any one of my posts on charizard then you would know I love Charizard to death and think he is just the bees knees. There is absolutely no way Charizard can take out 5 of the eeveelutions by itself especially since they're not gonna make the first battle of a gen 6 mon a loss. Krookodile cn handle one but Virgil can easily beat the other 4. I mean he did win the Unova league.

Plus this is Unova Ash we are talking about here. Which is probably 3 or so levels beneath BF Ash.

You also want to close a MC rivalry with a loss for the MC. It would never work with an openly antagonistic rival like cilan.

I see you're also going with the I'm cute so Power and logic can just screw themselves route vs Trip. In what universe is it even remotely acceptable for ash to go in battle with such a large power disparity in the first place? The forced wins over pokemon that had no right to lose was why i dont like the hoenn league very much.

Johto was a direct add on to Kanto. Until we have proof Gen 6 is a contigous continent to Unova then they will not stay. Plus in Johto they had no other characters available for travling from the games. There's also the fact that both of them have gyms to handle and not everyone can spend their entire lives traveling.

I just might make one when on a comp. But I'll hav no pretense on it happening or it being reasonable in any way.

I wouldn't mind (in fact, I'd encourage it) having a main character get a new Pokemon.

So far, Ash has 11 in rotation.
Iris has 4.
Cilan has 3...
Jessie now has 5, with her old Pokemon back.
James is the same, and with 4.

Cilan getting the short end of the stick. But it's always quality that matters, not quantity. Although, his team could use some spicing up. Especially now with Iris having a Dragonite, and Ash having a few powerhouses.

Since when does TR have their old Pokemon back? As much as I would love that, I've not seen a single thing to suggest it.

Arceusgamer14

So this will be kind of like the Orange Island series but shorter since XY is near and it won't be long before Ash will leave Unova (And possibly Iris & Cilan like the rules of Anime casting) and head to the new region with his new friends.

Earthia100

This is basically another orange islands. However, with X and Y being released internationally, we might be spared from a dubbed filler-saga.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Well, I have to admit, it disappoint me a little the fact that the last episodes of this Generation is going to be a lame copy of the Orange Islands. The writers have officially run out of ideas. I just hope this will have an adaption of White Forest/Black City. However, I believe something good could come from this. My opinion it's that maybe Ash's Lapras will return in this arc!!! Maybe it will be asking too much after Charizard's return; but Charizard AND Lapras already returned in some occasions, during Johto's journey. So I want to think that everything is possible and there's a chance this will actually happen.

After all, Lapras is one of the Pokemon saw in the first version of "Be an Arrow". An all of those random Pokemon (or maybe most of them) has been seen in an episode from "Best Wishes 2"; either the first arc or episode N. Most of them, with an important role:
+ Dragonite: Obviously, the Pokemon caught by Iris.
+ Zebstrika and Liepard: Stephan's Pokemon.
+ Lucario: Cameron's Pokemon.
+ Glaceon: Cynthia's Pokemon.
+ Woobat and Yamask: Jessie and James' Pokemon.
+ Eevee: Virgil's Pokemon.
+ Wailord, Mantine and Male Jellicent: Marlon's Pokemon.
+ Cubchoo and Larvitar: Episode "The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo!".
+ Bouffalant: Alder's Pokemon.
+ Hydreigon: "A Village Homecoming!", "Iris and the Rogue Dragonite!" and Cameron's Pokemon.
+ Altaria and Fraxure: Episode "Drayden Versus Iris: Past, Present, and Future!".
+ Rattata and Wingull: Severals, but first seen in "Piplup, Pansage, and a Meeting of the Times!".
+ Ducklett, Patrat, Tympole and Cottonee: Flashbacks of Iris' childhood.
+ Braviary: "A Surface to Air Tag Battle Team!" and the recent episode of "Braviary's rescue".

Well, I guess you get the idea with this list. So, there's a chance that Ash's Lapras will return in this arc to serve, once again, as the main character's transport through the islands. In the games "Pokemon White 2" and "Pokemon Black 2", Iris also has a Lapras; but I highly doubt they will make another main character to capture a Lapras, eclipsing the memory of Ash's Lapras. Just like they haven't allowed Ash to capture an Onix which could eclipse the memory of Brock's Onix. I really hope Ash's Lapras will return in this arc. Especially if we realize that in most of the movie's promo images, there's no sign of Ash's sixth Pokemon. (It can be anyone, I admit; but I believe there's a BIG reason for not showing us which one it is yet).

About the other episodes:
+ Oshawott's episode: There's no way Oshawott is going to leave. This episode will debut on May, and the movie (which will debut on July) already has images of Oshawott in Ash's team. The same thing confirms that he's not going to evolve. But even so, I hope this episode will motivate Oshawott to evolve someday to Dewott and to Samurott. Somehow, I think this episode will repeat some elements from Kanto's episode where Ash's group visited the island populated by Squirtle, Wartortle and a Blastoise. By the way, have you noticed that Meowth is in the middle of all those Oshawott, disguised as a Dewott?
+ Professor Oak vs Rotom: Sounds interesting. The truth is that a Rotom would fit very well to Professor Oak; even with its mischievous presonality, it could be useful for him.
+ Jirachi's episode: Sounds interesting, but why do I have the feeling that is going to recycle several things from its movie? Anyway, with all thos Ghost type Pokemon, I would like to see Ash capturing one of them; maybe bringing his old Noctowl back from Oak's lab. I would like Ash would capture the Gengar, as a reminder of the Haunter he never officially captured.
+ Treasure's Episode: It's obvious that the "big treasure" is going to be a trunks full of evolutionary stones, as all the Pokemon appearing around it evolve thanks to those stones. We have Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Shiftry, Mismagius and Ninetales. Even if it airs AFTER the movie, I wouldn't count on Pansage's evolution, just like Misty's Staryu or Brock's Vulpix never evolved. Pikachu will have to be very careful with the Thunder Stones.

Well, opinions?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yeah, this already seems like a condensed version of the Orange Islands saga. I know the writers don't have much to work with, but introducing these islands when BW is about to end seems sloppy. I'm sure they could've set these episodes in mainland Unova instead of some random islands.

By the way, why do some people believe that Movie 16 is set in mainland Unova and not these islands? I've seen people claim that New Tork City is too big to fit on an island, yet we've seen huge island cities many times before; LaRousse City being one of the largest. So I'm pretty sure New Tork City could be another island city.

Haunter ゴースト

By the way, why do some people believe that Movie 16 is set in mainland Unova and not these islands?

I'm not sure why people claim that, but personally i just think Movie 16 just seems more fitting to take place during Episode N. I'd like to think of the Team Plasma/Genesect hidden plots all grouped together, instead of hinted and then brought back later in an arc that is much less relevant. Movie 1's cameo scenes all took place around the correct time as Movie 1 (even though the movie was delayed that wasn't the writers fault) so i'd like Movie 16 to do the same.

I never did believe Charizard would stay long, and the length of BWN8 - BWN13 is an appropriate length for his return. If Oshawott does departure (not saying he will) it only supports the fact that Movie 16 does indeed take place before DA.

Anima

Pidgeot is not epic. Charizard is.

Charizard was epic on his first return. After the fifth? Charizard return is just getting repetitive, and the rest of Ash's long forgotten pokemon barely getting a chance to return themselves just makes it worse. Pidgeot is perfectly epic and hasn't had a chance to return even once since Ash released it in Kanto. Pidgeot return would have been far more epic than Charizard returning for the umpteenth time.

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
What makes people think there will not be a plot here that could lead up to Mewtwo becoming mentioned and having a cameo before the movie? I mean, look at all the legendary/rare Pokemon that are in these islands... I'm thinking we could get an episode about Mew that brings Mewtwo into the picture.

Also, why is everyone acting like its confirmed that the XY Saga begins right when the games come out? There has been 0 confirmation of this and this could end up being chapter 4/5 or 6... The Best Wishes! Saga has been unpredictable so why are we pretending like there has been confirmation on something when there hasnt?

The faster we find out whether their are any team changes or not, the faster I can decide If I care for this arc. I'm not here for random fillers until October.

diakyu

Also, why is everyone acting like its confirmed that the XY Saga begins right when the games come out? There has been 0 confirmation of this and this could end up being chapter 4/5 or 6... The Best Wishes! Saga has been unpredictable so why are we pretending like there has been confirmation on something when there hasnt?
It would be dumb, from a marketing standpoint, for them not to start XY as soon as the games come out

Status
Not open for further replies.